Posted March 24, 2014
After touring the public school in our area, and being at Omni for a bit now....we have profound appreciation for the staff and teachers at the school. We can't say enough of wonderful things about this school! They care a great deal about the children and their families! Your child isn't a number, your child is known and loved here. And, the Montessori method itself is amazing......I would highly recommend this school to anyone! Thanks Omni, for all that you have done for our children and our family!

Omni Montessori School 3

Posted May 01, 2013
We had our child there for almost three years in the primary classroom. While we were there, the head of the school changed bringing a HUGE improvement in the school. He is a great head of the school and great teacher. The teachers however are the same. Very prepared on the method, but less on handling diversity and sometimes way too invasive on private matters. This has been pretty difficult for our child. Also, I have witnessed some quite unprofessional behaviors of teachers, who think of learning disabilities in normal children because they don't behave as expected. Glad it was not with us, however. Hopefully the head of the school will change that as well. The parent involvement is for sure a lot. Unfortunately, it is pretty difficult to get connected with people.

Omni Montessori School 1

Posted December 13, 2011
I attended Omni Montessori for 4 years. I enjoyed it, academically, but socially it is not the best place to grow up. Omni is very obsessed with labels. In the Upper Elementary and Adolescent programs, students judge others easily based on clothes, parents, etc. My parents divorced while I was still a student, and they lost many friends because of it. Parents at Omni are shallow, rude, and narcissistic. I had to deal with rude adults many times as a child. Also, Omni plays favorite families. A family that helps the school very much (financially, of course) yet has a child with strong behavioral problems is totally ignored, creating an unfortunate environment for other students. I am overall disappointed at the fake-ness of the parents and the students. Also, the quality of the teachers has greatly deteriorated in the past five years. I wouldn't really recommend this school to anyone unless they were looking at Primary. Montessori was originally intended for early education. NOT high school. If your child is a preschooler that would benefit from an alternative teaching style, this may be the place for them. An older student? Less so.

Posted May 04, 2011
As of the 2010-2011 school year, Omni does offer an outstanding afterschool program. Our family has been at Omni for 10 years and it is an outstanding environment for children age 3 through 9th grade. I hope they add a high school program soon!

Posted November 01, 2009
My daughter has attended Omni Montessori for 4 years. She loves her school and so do we! The academics are great. By the time she 5 was multiplying and dividing, She was also reading very well and writing in cursive. She is in first grade now and loves being in a new classroom with 2nd and 3rd graders. IT is a TRUE montessori environment so she gets to choose her work and move around the classroom, they work a lot in small groups so she really learns how to work well with others. She has incredible focus and concentration. If you are searching for an AMI certified Montessori program - this is the school for you.

Omni Montessori School 4

Posted October 22, 2009
Excellent school, dedicated loving teachers, outstanding academics. Lack of afterschool care make very difficult for working parents.

Posted September 09, 2009
Omni is an extraordinary school. Passionate teachers, caring community, superior academics, unique life experiences for the students. Our family has been at Omni for ten wonderful years. I can't imagine a better place for my children.

Posted February 20, 2009
I love this school. The teachers are passionate about teaching and the parents are dedicated. I wish they had after-school care. The lack of this care makes it difficult for wroking families to remain in Omni.

Omni Montessori School 1

Posted January 11, 2009

Posted October 18, 2008

Omni Montessori School
9536 Blakeney Heath Road, Charlotte, NC  28277
Last modified Omni Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades K-9
Omni Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.