K-12|Private

Bad
Good

My child has been at Brisbane for a few years now, and I would have to disagree with the last poster. I am well aware of the incident they are speaking of ; however, this occurred in 2012-2013 school year, not 2013-2014. This year students have had a steady learning environment with some of the best teachers I have ever met. I hate what occurred, but administration was placed in a position where students were thought of first. Sometimes we can make assumptions and come up with our own interpretation without having all of the facts. I trust that this was a tough decision for administration, but the school continues to be successful with the new teachers in place.

Find out about the "accredidation" of Brisbane before you send your children. Otherwise you will have a hard time getting your blank checks returned to you.

I am skeptical of the Administration of the school. Turnover of great teachers in the middle of the school year is highly unacceptable! Especially when a child is in the younger grade levels where they have grown accustomed to a teacher's style and where I as a parent, I have made a relationship and can actually see progress and growth in my child. I am shocked that I had to witness administration handle the turnovers of their employees unprofessionally and quite frankly, childish. I am upset that instead of making changes to keep great teachers at the school, they would rather talk bad about the teachers to the parents, and offer no solutions on how situations can be improved. I need administration and teachers to be on the same page. I cannot afford for my child's education to be sacrificed due to ineffective leadership.

Brisbane Academy is such a phenomenal school! My daughter & I cried together so many days at her other private school. I prayed so many days about how to help her. Brisbane has been the answer to those prayers! My daughter loved it immediately & now actually loves school. She's so excited about entering HS now & we owe that to the professional, caring, family of Brisbane Prep. I recently cried again but this time they were tears of joy. Thank you, Brisbane Family!!

Wow. Brisbane Academy has been such a blessing. My teenage daughter was struggling academically and socially inthe larger public school. I was stressed out and loosing sleep because I didn't know which way to turn...nothing seemed to be working for her. After visiting the school and meeting the directors and staff, I knew if would be a good fit. I didn't imagine that my daughter would transition so easily. She has experienced a complete turnaround and I attribute it all to Brisbane Academy. It's truly one of the best kept secrets in Charlotte. My daughter loves it there and is excited about going to school again. I love it because I know she's in great hands and is now experiencing a quality and enriching educaitonal experience. I have already recommended Brisbane to several friends and neighbors.

Enrolling my son in this school was one of the best decisions I've made. It's not as glitzy as some of the other private schools, but it's all the education and a faculty and staff that have become family.

Brisbane has experienced over 16 years of sucees in offering something a little different than what you might find in the public school system...smaller class sizes, one-to-one academic focus, and a nuturing environment that is focused on every student expericing success in education that help them to create a love for learning.

Last modified Brisbane Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12