Posted February 22, 2014
We were so excited for our son to attend this school and it turned out to be a huge disappointment from the first day. Very poor communication and very disorganized!

Posted January 05, 2014
This our seventh year at Prep and our children have had a wonderful experience. The change to non profit has been a great move for the school and several changes have improved the quality of experience even more. Our children have become independent learners in a safe, friendly environment with dedicated and caring teachers. The new head of middle school has been a fantastic addition and has been a huge hit with children and parents alike. Our children love coming to school and enjoy learning. What more could a parent want?

Posted December 31, 2013
I have put 4 children through the school and have one that is still there. My son's year had 5 kids in the class that became merit scholars out of an 18 student graduating class. The 'big three" claimed the success but Prep did the dirty work. My next 2 carry above a 3.7 at major universities and my fourth is top 5 in her class in high school. I have never seen an environment with less bullying or social pressure than Prep; that extends right through middle school. The parents are a diverse, eclectic bunch that genuinely like and support each other.

Posted October 23, 2013
This is our 4th year at CPS. We toured several schools and felt most at home at CPS - as did our kids. I find the negative reviews a little puzzling. I've only experienced professionalism and the type of attention you'd expect in a smaller school. We plan on staying through 8th - as this is the highest grade at Prep. As far as "letting anyone in" regardless of level of learning ability - the tough curriculum will weed out anyone who can't keep up. This school has proven year to year that it's everything we had hoped for. We're proud to be part of the Prep family.

Posted October 22, 2013
I feel that this school is not the most safe environment for my child. My child was bullied and he reported to the administrator. However, there was little, if no response! Also there are not many kids at this school that are similar to my child.

Posted October 21, 2013
The school has a history of high turnover rate of families leaving which means they are constantly having to replenish with new students. This however creates problems within school when there isn't a high priority of selectivity of the students being admitted. The school has to survive financially and the student population isn't any different than public school. The kids swear amongst each other and the teachers aren't aware of what really is going on with the students. The administrators and the some of the teachers are not professional in how they handle conflict. The teachers do not email back in a timely manner. It takes 4-5 days to get a response back. One teacher didn't email back all year and the administrator was made aware of this, yet nothing has changed.

Posted October 02, 2013
Great school, we love it here. Excellent staff,community and great facilities. My son loves coming to school each day.

Posted September 18, 2013
This is our fourth year at Charlotte Prep. The quality of this academic environment is only surpassed by the dedication of their faculty and staff. The Head of the Lower School knows each child and family personally. I am yet to meet a teacher who has not treated my children as one of their own. They have looked for opportunities to advance our children not only academically, but also socially, culturally and emotionally. The learning environment seems to meet each child where they are and advance them more quickly than we ever thought possible. The parent community is one of true character and quality where the motto of "it takes a village" is employed daily. We have seen so many positive enhancements to the school over the last few years and we look forward to even more physical improvements in the years to come. There are many wonderful private school options in Charlotte, this one is for those whose first passion is learning!

Posted September 16, 2013
Our Family has been at Prep for 3 years beginning with the Montessori program and prior to it being not for profit, As a family we love the small class size, campus, teachers and administrators- the education has far supersede our expectations. Our daughter is excited for school, not just because of her friends, but that she loves to learn, and the teachers have made it a warm, nurturing, learning environment! The change not to profit, has only added resources and opportunities! Just this weekend our daughter said, " I never want to leave Charlotte Prep-I want to attend all the grades possible there, until there are no more grades to attend" That for me, was all I needed to know that we had made the right decision for our family!

Posted September 16, 2013
I like that our school is small - so that teachers and administrators know students - by name, skills, and passions. I also like that our school is K-8 - students are not exposed to high school attitudes and style of dress.

Charlotte Preparatory School
212 Boyce Rd, Charlotte, NC  28211
Last modified Charlotte Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Charlotte Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 114 reviews.