PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Agree

If kids use their time wisely, there are several opportunities through the day for kids to complete work.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Montessori teaches honesty and integrity from prek-12! At every level! It is a core value in Montessori.

As someone who has had a child that started this school at 3, and is now in the high school program, it is wonderful to see the kids progress throughout the program. Each level builds and prepares the children to be independent and confidence students and young adults. The High school is hands down the shinning star!!! This is where it all comes together- these students are amazing leaders! AAAAAA++++++

Countryside is an ACCREDITED Montessori School, not all Montessori schools are and I would advise anyone looking to check and make sure that your prospective Montessori school is in fact accredited. Many schools talk the talk....Countryside walks the walk! My daughter is in the Upper Elementary Program and I couldn't be happier. The academics are outstanding, she is challenged with a very diverse curriculum but what I am most concerned with is the education of the whole child that she receives on a daily basis. She is being given the opportunity to grow into a responsible, caring individual who respects her teachers and her peers. She is being taught to care about her environment, and to solve problems peacefully. I never have to encourage her to do her work, she knows what is expected of her and she does it...always ahead of the expected deadlines. The teachers are extremely dedicated at Countryside, they go above and beyond the call of duty, the administration is very supportive....a wonderful experience. My goal is to keep sending my daughter to Countryside through high school, I know she will get all the academic, social and life experiences she needs to set her up for college and life. Couldn't be happier with this school and case in point...she is out of school two weeks now on summer vacation and she already wants to back, why?...her words "I love Countryside".

The school went through some difficult times in the last couple of years due to the change of the upper administration (and the change for the best, I must add), but has since fully rebounded. My child loves it there, the curriculum is challenging and diverse, the teachers are knowledgeable, respectful, caring and great communicators. The students are given a freedom of choice and responsibility for their work, but the teachers ensure that the students consistently make good choices and progress in their learning. I love the fact that the students are not talked down to; in lower elementary grades they learn about metaphors, similes and adverbs, arthropods are called arthropods and not bugs, decomposition is not called falling apart, and so on. As a parent, I appreciate seeing my child learning the academic content while also learning to be responsible, respectful and motivated. My only complaint is a weak foreign language program in the lower elementary school, with only one weekly lesson. However, for our family it's a minor issue and overall we are very happy at this school!

Very disappointed. This school is no way comparable to any of the other Montessori schools in US. My son is attending this school for the pre school program on the prosperity church campus. The management is only interested in collecting money and they don't care about the overall development of the kids. we were never informed about what was going on in the school. When we tried to approach them many times on what my kid is learning, they never cared to respond. They just ignore and say something irrelevant. The head admin lady is just careless. Not responsible in kid's learning process. The teachers hardly taught him anything. Nor do they have anything interesting for the kids to learn. He lost all the interest in going to the school. We could not even change his school because of the agreement that bound us to stay for entire year. They trapped us that way. I would never recommend any one to attend this school. They are defaming highly reputed Montessori's approach.

Both of my sons have been with Countryside for several years - 10 years and 7 years respectively. We've been very happy here - I think the thing I like the most is the positive environment. Children are positive and supportive of one another, leading to a very warm and comfortable atmosphere where students aren't afraid to be themselves and explore new things. While there is a great deal of instruction happening, children are also able to take an active role in their education and pursue their interests. The teachers have all been great - on the very rare occasions where we have had issues, administrators and staff have been very accommodating and worked with us (making sure our child was part of the process!) to find a positive solution. I would highly recommend this school to others.

Countryside is an amazing school. The lead teachers are all certified in Montessori education. They truly care about the individual children. My child can freely move ahead academically in the classroom. The individual choices are endless and engaging. Multi age classrooms work wonderfully to foster mentoring in the class.

There is some sort of "Discrimination" going on in this school.No child should have his or her educational opportunities limited because of race. School is supposed to be the place of freedom--not a place where arcane bureaucratic rules and outdated theories of education reign supreme. The administration and staff should keep a close eye on any prejeduice behaviour and be there whole heartedly to curb it and reject it . Because of all these discriminatory practices our kids used to go to Countryside Montessori !!!! Not any more.

Diverse educational environment that promotes citizenship along with academics. Students are treated with respect and given the tools necessary to master higher levels of education along with a level of responsibility and maturity unsurpassed by any educational environment I've ever encountered. Countryside faculty are committed to student achievement and show true enthusiasm for students success. Countryside students graduate prepared academically and socially for life. Having two children attend Countryside for 8+ years, we are very happy !

Last modified Countryside Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12