Posted June 19, 2015
Countryside is an ACCREDITED Montessori School, not all Montessori schools are and I would advise anyone looking to check and make sure that your prospective Montessori school is in fact accredited. Many schools talk the talk....Countryside walks the walk! My daughter is in the Upper Elementary Program and I couldn't be happier. The academics are outstanding, she is challenged with a very diverse curriculum but what I am most concerned with is the education of the whole child that she receives on a daily basis. She is being given the opportunity to grow into a responsible, caring individual who respects her teachers and her peers. She is being taught to care about her environment, and to solve problems peacefully. I never have to encourage her to do her work, she knows what is expected of her and she does it...always ahead of the expected deadlines. The teachers are extremely dedicated at Countryside, they go above and beyond the call of duty, the administration is very supportive....a wonderful experience. My goal is to keep sending my daughter to Countryside through high school, I know she will get all the academic, social and life experiences she needs to set her up for college and life. Couldn't be happier with this school and case in point...she is out of school two weeks now on summer vacation and she already wants to back, why?...her words "I love Countryside".

Posted April 29, 2015
The school went through some difficult times in the last couple of years due to the change of the upper administration (and the change for the best, I must add), but has since fully rebounded. My child loves it there, the curriculum is challenging and diverse, the teachers are knowledgeable, respectful, caring and great communicators. The students are given a freedom of choice and responsibility for their work, but the teachers ensure that the students consistently make good choices and progress in their learning. I love the fact that the students are not talked down to; in lower elementary grades they learn about metaphors, similes and adverbs, arthropods are called arthropods and not bugs, decomposition is not called falling apart, and so on. As a parent, I appreciate seeing my child learning the academic content while also learning to be responsible, respectful and motivated. My only complaint is a weak foreign language program in the lower elementary school, with only one weekly lesson. However, for our family it's a minor issue and overall we are very happy at this school!

Countryside Montessori School 1

Posted February 26, 2015
Very disappointed. This school is no way comparable to any of the other Montessori schools in US. My son is attending this school for the pre school program on the prosperity church campus. The management is only interested in collecting money and they don't care about the overall development of the kids. we were never informed about what was going on in the school. When we tried to approach them many times on what my kid is learning, they never cared to respond. They just ignore and say something irrelevant. The head admin lady is just careless. Not responsible in kid's learning process. The teachers hardly taught him anything. Nor do they have anything interesting for the kids to learn. He lost all the interest in going to the school. We could not even change his school because of the agreement that bound us to stay for entire year. They trapped us that way. I would never recommend any one to attend this school. They are defaming highly reputed Montessori's approach.

Posted January 06, 2015
Both of my sons have been with Countryside for several years - 10 years and 7 years respectively. We've been very happy here - I think the thing I like the most is the positive environment. Children are positive and supportive of one another, leading to a very warm and comfortable atmosphere where students aren't afraid to be themselves and explore new things. While there is a great deal of instruction happening, children are also able to take an active role in their education and pursue their interests. The teachers have all been great - on the very rare occasions where we have had issues, administrators and staff have been very accommodating and worked with us (making sure our child was part of the process!) to find a positive solution. I would highly recommend this school to others.

Posted January 14, 2012
Countryside is an amazing school. The lead teachers are all certified in Montessori education. They truly care about the individual children. My child can freely move ahead academically in the classroom. The individual choices are endless and engaging. Multi age classrooms work wonderfully to foster mentoring in the class.

Countryside Montessori School 2

Posted November 14, 2010
There is some sort of "Discrimination" going on in this school.No child should have his or her educational opportunities limited because of race. School is supposed to be the place of freedom--not a place where arcane bureaucratic rules and outdated theories of education reign supreme. The administration and staff should keep a close eye on any prejeduice behaviour and be there whole heartedly to curb it and reject it . Because of all these discriminatory practices our kids used to go to Countryside Montessori !!!! Not any more.

Posted June 14, 2010
Diverse educational environment that promotes citizenship along with academics. Students are treated with respect and given the tools necessary to master higher levels of education along with a level of responsibility and maturity unsurpassed by any educational environment I've ever encountered. Countryside faculty are committed to student achievement and show true enthusiasm for students success. Countryside students graduate prepared academically and socially for life. Having two children attend Countryside for 8+ years, we are very happy !

Countryside Montessori School

Posted February 01, 2008
We love this school. All of our kids began as toddlers and have moved up in the program. Because of the small classes and excellent teachers, the school caught an eye problem my daughter had that had been missed by doctors originally!

Countryside Montessori School 4

Posted October 05, 2007
My son has thrived in this school. Teachers care about students, students like to learn in the environment. Children at this school are content, well spoken and not afraid of adults.

Countryside Montessori School
9026 Mallard Creek Rd, Charlotte, NC  28262
Last modified Countryside Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Countryside Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top