4-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted October 27, 2015
Generally there was no homework (!), and if there was my fourth grader was given assignments that were geared for a first grader. Downright insulting!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 30, 2015
I am so grateful to my teacher Lesley, I have said in the other sections but seriously I am insanely thankful for all she did for me. My life was so messed up, I had no idea what was up or down at the time, and I came there even though for a short period of time and it was her kindness and helpfulness that truly made me start the recovery that I needed. So I don’t know if she will ever see this but I am so thankful, thanks to you I realized I could do the work, and I was more than capable. I remember I went back the next year when I was in college, and you offered to help me then to. No one else did that no other school would do that. Lesley truly cares and is an amazing person and I just want her to know that.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted September 30, 2015
if it hadnt been for this school i would of been a high school dropout/ now i am going for my second degree in college. so yes this school develops persistence and determination.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 30, 2015
again yes because thanks to Lesley my teacher i went from not caring to doing so well i finished my senior year early.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 30, 2015
Because the school helped me become a better person by be honest in my short comings and asking for help when i needed it. If a student needs help they are there to help and they show you ways to understand it and will stick with a student until they do get it.

Posted September 30, 2015
when i attended Manus Academy my life was in chaos, and Manus gave me a chance and because of their school i complete turned my life around. i had a great teacher named Lesley who helped me when ever i needed it. I went from a student who didn't care to a student who finished early and graduated despite the everything against me. Since leaving the school i have needed help a few times, and they have always offered to help me be it tutoring or if i just needed paper work done. i would recommend this school to anyone.

Manus Academy 1

Posted March 03, 2015
Miserable place. I don't even know where to begin.... The self-paced/mastery system sounds like a great idea on paper, but it can cause students diagnosed with LDs to fall unnecessarily far behind. The rules are ludicrous and way too structured, to the point where I swear those rules are in place to avoid lawsuits. It felt more like a prison than a school. I feel like the administration of Manus are more in it for the wealth than actually caring about creating an environment where students can recognize and achieve their full potential. Don't give these people your money. Avoid like the plague.

Posted August 05, 2012
Manus Academy was able to tailor education to my son's exact learning profile. It's great to bring your child to a place that assesses, tracks, and modifies the program to your child's needs. Roseanne and staff will advance your child where he/she can excel and work with your child 1:1 where he/she needs help. Expensive but worth the investment in creating life long learners.

Posted May 09, 2012
Manus Academy is awesome! Small classrooms with an excellent curriculum! My son loves this school!! He has progressed beautifully where he was drowning in public school. Great parent/teacher relationships!

Posted January 11, 2009
Fabulous school! Lots of one on one attention and good communication with parents

6203 Carmel Road, Charlotte, NC  28226