Public charter
Charlotte, NC

Posted September 07, 2012
We have several children at this school (one of which has "graduated" to regular public high school.) Scholars is AWESOME---especially comparing my child's readiness to his high school peers. Great parents, accelerated llearning, diversity, lack of private school "affluenza" and the companionship of other smart kids. The beauty of this school is how smart kids feed off each other, support each other and make each other better. My high schooler still considers his Scholars' friends his closest buds.

Metrolina Regional Scholars Academy 4

Posted June 13, 2012
This could be an excellent school that has been lacking direction in curriculm, best practices, and teacher leadership. Its excellent scores are due to the hardworking nature of the students. I rated it above average because of the students and how they interact. Parents eyes are now open and they are eager to be able to finally advocate for their children. I hope that the teachers who are excellent will continue to flourish (and there are some really good ones) and the teachers who are constantly yelling at the students will be dismissed.

Posted February 06, 2011
We love the Scholars' Academy. It has been such a blessing in our lives. Our child wakes up everyday excited about school. The teachers are great, their knowledge of gifted children is phenomenal. They know what these kids need. Love it!

Posted September 02, 2010
My kids and I have been very happy with this school. I've read the reviews below criticizing the school because there are so many siblings attending that are not gifted. That is not true, as every student at the school must meet the minimum IQ requirements to get in. I also saw the review about lacking a science lab, and the new location now has an impressive lab. Another reviewer wrote that teachers focus on the slower kids. That's just silly. There are no slow kids at this school. Now, there are differing levels of giftedness, but during our five years at the school, every teacher has either grouped kids according to ability (ex: in math) and has allowed kids to progress as quickly as they are able. The parents are incredibly supportive, and the kids care about their education. The school is consistently at the very top in NC testing.

Posted August 25, 2010
**WOW** Fantastic new school building with all the bells and whistles has just opened this week (8/25/10) The teachers / staff along with all the really bright kids have made this K-8 a unique learning place and the school now has the facilities it deserves. I find the mixed comments on this site rather odd, as without doubt as its reputation grows this will be the premiere school to aim for in Charlotte if you have gifted children. I have older kids who've been through the public magnets, top private, and parochial schools here in town so I know what I'm talking about and can honestly say i am continually grateful my youngest son is so happy here.

Posted April 09, 2010
This school is for gifted (TD) level kids. The highly gifted and profoundly gifted are pretty much on their own. Not much different than a traditional school. The teachers spend most of their time with the kids on the lower scale. The higher scale kids are told to not work ahead and stay with their group. It' s a shame. We thought we had found a solution.

Posted September 30, 2009
It totally prepared by daughter for high school. She had a great connection with all her teachers, a one on one you don't find very often.

Posted September 29, 2009
My children are challanged all the time, and the staff is fantastic!

Posted September 29, 2009
I have finally found a school that is challenging my son without bombarding him with homework!

Posted September 29, 2009
Kids are encouraged to reach their fullest individual potential in an active and challenging environment.

Metrolina Regional Scholars Academy
Seventy-Seven Center Drive, Charlotte, NC  28277
Last modified Metrolina Regional Scholars Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Metrolina Regional Scholars Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top