Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This is my daughters 3rd year @HMM - now on 1st grade. She is happy, and learning so much. I love the diversity of this school - so far the communication overall with her teachers from specials to grade teacher have been A+. The size of the school is just the perfect size to make you feel like you are part of the family! The only things I would complaint is about The school principal (Ms. Patricia) is a piece of work & the school counselor (Shawna?) doesn't know what she is doing, instead asks you what to do... Other than that can't complaint about anyone else. Academically speaking my daughter is where she is suppose to be.

A great beginning for those who start there in Pre-K. The principal is very "sheltered" and shy. She does very little communication with the parents, and that needs to improve. But overall a great school for my daughter.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My daughter has attended this school since Pre-K and it has been a good school for her. She has progressed for the 4 years she has been there. The teachers have been good to her and have done a good job with her. The PTA is good and other programs they have are good as well. I am always informed of events going on at the school (Thursday folders) my daughter brings home weekly. The principal is very "sheltered". She does not communicate with a lot of parents, and to be a good principal, communication is the key. The principal appears to be "shy" and afraid to talk to people. But overall, it is a good school to put your children in if you want a great beginning.

I don't like a review a school. but this time the new parents who are going to enroll there kids at Highland Mill Montessori, They need to know about the correct principal Ms. Riska. She is the worst principal. She never, ever attend the parents and kids when we have a problem at school. When I want to talk to her she hide or send other teacher to talk to you. worst if you are Asian, Black or Hispanic!. At the lunch time. She never talk with the parents when they eat with their child at lunch time, I Think because "we have cooties". The school has good after school programs. Those were created before Ms. Riska. Me and many parents toke the decision to move or kids to others schools. because every year is worse with her (Ms Riska) principal. Many good teacher move to other schools lease than two years, even the office staff. I don't know why. but is suspicious for me. I did a complaint to school but i never find a solution at school, until I called the cms supervise.

Most horrible school ever. The teachers and other staff, mainly the principal (Ms. Riska) are for themselves and not the student. They have violated my child's rights and is not providing a fair education for my child. The proof is also in the school changing from a 3 cycle to a 2 cycle. Meaning instead of your child having the same teacher for 3 years, they now only have them for 2 years. The parents were not aware of this change until after the fact which also violated parents rights. This is not a true Montessori school anymore and will probably loose the Montessori name. If you don't believe me call the Montessori association yourself and find out. I have spoken to other parents and they have pulled their children out of this school. I will doing the same. The leadership is poor and not for you. Please, Please save yourself a lot of heart ache and don't pick this school. You will truly be better off with a public school if you had no other choice.

Friendly staff, treat like a family member. Clean environment. Teachers are well cultured, always calm and smooth behavior.

My son has been there since Pre-K and we have seen him grow academically and socially. I agree with the comment from the parent with 3 kids, because the school is small, the staff is more flexible in their delivery of instruction. They are able to integrate so much into their curriculum. We love Highland Mill!

We have 3 children at the school. We love being in a small school, only 300 kids, with such great teachers and staff. Because the school is small and it is Montessori, the children have a flexibility in their learning approach. The teachers can accomodate and structure the teaching to meet the child's learning style. We have a child with ADHD and he has been so successful in this environment. It is amazing what the children are learning! We have a new principal this year and she has added a lot of structure to the school. She is so efficient and organized. We appreciate that from her.

Last modified Highland Mill Montessori is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.