Posted November 08, 2014
My husband and I relocated our twins here from the Philadelphia area specifically for this school, and we have not been disappointed. We have only been here for a few short months, but I know we made the right decision by sending our girls here. Every member of the faculty that I have come in contact with is friendly and genuinely interested in the well-being of my children. I am proud of what my little Rockets have accomplished here in such a short time. Thanks, PSE!

Posted October 29, 2014
Our son has shown GREAT improvement in reading, math, etc. Coming from top rated Union County Schools, Providence Spring blows them out of the water. The teachers, the staff, everyone is so great with the kids. The best part is that our son can't wait to go to School, he is actually excited to learn. I can't say enough good things about PSE. LOVE LOVE this school!!

Posted August 26, 2014
Moved here from NYC where most of the schools offer less than ideal learning environment, curriculum, and lacking in quality teachers. I could not be happier with my son's first year there. He is returning this year with a big smile and very happy to go to school. Teachers try really hard to help students who may not be high achievers or may have learning challenges. Communication between parent and teacher is excellent, at least this was our experience with Ms. Sherrill. Thank you PSE, we are very happy to be back again this year.

Posted April 07, 2014
My child's experience at Providence Spring has been exceptional. I am thoroughly impressed with the administration, the curriculum, the students and overall quality of education my child is receiving. I believe the teachers do their very best to identify both the top learners and those who need a bit of extra help and do their best to elevate both groups. They have adapted extremely well to incporporating state mandated changes, e.g. common core, while at the same time not losing sight of the school's foundational principles of Character Education and Civility. My child is learning much more than just how to read and write - and that is worth a lot! Lastly - I have been extremely impressed with the "real world" learning that takes place - Powerpoints, Presentations, Acting, Story telling, Group projects -- and my child is only in the 1st grade. PSE is the place to be and I highly recommend it to any parent.

Posted August 13, 2013
Providence Spring has been a wonderful fit for our child. The environment is encouraging and geared toward learning. I agree with other posters that the school is tough, but I couldn't be happier!

Providence Spring Elementary 1

Posted June 03, 2013
I had problems with Ms. Adams constantly disciplining my child excessively as well as using labels like "unwilling to learn" "not trying" and "lazy". To handle her constant phone calls about my child's behavior (e.g. " touched the walls while walking in the hall today") I started documenting each contact, and emailing her summaries of our contacts. Parents should not be bullied into sending their child to another school when their behavior is typical of average kids. Our taxes should not be used to run a public school as if it were an exclusionary private school. I found it helpful to consult with the folks at the Council for Children's Rights here in Charlotte. My child was emotionally damaged at PSE, but has thrived since leaving.
2 people found this helpful

Providence Spring Elementary 2

Posted January 24, 2013
This school has MAJOR communication issues. The minimal communication they do send out is for those who have been at the school. If you haven't attended the school before, you will be lost. My son went to this school for kindergarten and was terrified of his "displaced" kindergarten teacher. He used to say...I hope Ms.... is in a good mood today. Thankfully, he was above average and went outside the class for enrichment. We actually found out he was in enrichment classes when he casually mentioned it to us over dinner. My husband and I made several attempts to contact the principal via email, calls, and through the CMS website. We never heard from anyone. PSE is a school who wants there students to perform like robots for the EOG testing. Their soul goal is to stay #1. Well, I realized #1 doesn't always mean the best. Do your self a favor and stay away from this school district. We moved after the dreadful kindergarten year and are at, what we feel, is the best school in South Charlotte. Rea View Elementary. The principal is a wonderful woman who knows every student by name, and most every parent/family. The teachers are amazing and the school community is strong and welcoming.

Posted January 07, 2013
PSE is our first experience with an elementary school, and we are thrilled. Our son's kindergarten teacher as well as his first grade teacher have exceeded our expectations, and he has thoroughly enjoyed going to school these last two years! He enjoys learning, and constantly comes home with fun new ways he has learned various math and reading concepts. The academics are excellent, and I love seeing the principal waving to each parent in the car pool lane every single morning at 7:45am! We were wary about sending our son to pubic school due to large classes and feeling like he is so young, but they are masterful about making each class feel like an intimate learning environment. Furthermore, I have loved the emphasis on parent involvement, especially in teaching Character Education and Values such as caring, respect, responsibility, kindness, etc. I find that we have many conversations with our son when he gets home that piggy back right on what he learned at school. Keep up the excellent work, PSE!

Providence Spring Elementary 1

Posted June 30, 2012
Agree with the post below. If you have a child who is priviledged, above average and straight laced, then he or she will probably do well here. If your child does not fit that description, then this is NOT the right fit. Compassion and understanding of the needs of all children is sorely lacking. There is little interest in determining why a student is struggling and information provided to school administration is often ignored. A former staff member commented that those children with different learning styles (who don't fit the strict mold) will be forced out of the school so they don't impact the school's test scores. Disappointing.

Providence Spring Elementary 0

Posted May 11, 2010
Amazing academic program. The school is staffed with excellent teachers and an exceptional literacy facilitator.

Providence Spring Elementary
10045 Providence Church Lane, Charlotte, NC  28277
Last modified Providence Spring Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Providence Spring Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top