K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)

Posted September 18, 2015
BCCA is a wonderful, christian, family environment. The teachers take time to get to know each child on a personal level. The teachers teach the children to think. They understand the importance of teaching the whole child. Amazing school!

Posted September 17, 2015
We could not have found a better school than BCCA! Our son has wonderful, caring teachers. The teachers and staff have had little turnover. The foundation he is learning is priceless - both in Christian education and academics. His learning is levels above his friends in the same grade at public schools. They do not teach to the EOG's like other schools. They teach for the students to learn and be able to defend their views and beliefs. BCCA is a wonderful community for students and families...a wonderful home!!!

Posted September 17, 2015
Having found BCCA 8 years ago was more of a blessing than I realized! I originally brought my kids here for the strong academics. The classical approach to learning is huge. The students are taught to think. There is no teaching to a test like you see in most schools. However, academics ended up just being a part of what they got at Back Creek. Their love for the Lord is what touched me the most. We are a Christian family and I would like to think that they would have got that from home if they did not go to BCCA. But I know deep down it would not have been the same. Their spiritual foundation is so strong that I have already seen it help them through some trials in their life. Watching them pick up the bible when they are troubled, or start a bible study with a friend who is struggling is how I know I chose the right school. They were emulating what they saw and what they were taught at school. Being in the Beta Club and taking all honor classes now are great and look good on paper but how they communicate to people and handle what life brings them is the true test. With their foundation being at Back Creek, I am confident they are now ready for the world.

Back Creek Christian Academy 1

Posted August 07, 2015
They are far from a Christian school, be careful if you think your child is safe from the world here. They teach to the test. Breaking the law by doing this. Foolish bc it hurts the children they claim to love. So much bullying going on if they don't want you. The kids are learning from the parents and administration about bullying. Church in a Christian school is considered to be an option not a requirement if you are actually participating in activities with children. It is a shame that such world view is not being shared by all parties whether employees or volunteers. You are rolling the dice on your children by sending them to school but here and your child always loses. The school has dropped off at the astounding rates of over 30% in one year. Something to think about before enrollment. Important to share.

Back Creek Christian Academy
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 25, 2015
The core values of BCCA encourage students to realize that each person is made in God's image which promotes student relationships. Opportunities help them to serve joyfully. Students are challenged to honor truth, beauty and kindness in a setting which celebrates ethnic and racial diversity.

Posted June 18, 2015
I'm not sure where some of these negative reviews are coming from! Back Creek is an excellent community. As a teacher from a public school system, I can assure you that we have a first-rate curriculum (based on a Biblical worldview). Our nurturing environment and small class sizes lend themselves to success for any ability level student. I do agree with one of the reviews, though, please DO your research and come and visit.

Back Creek Christian Academy 4

Posted January 19, 2015
BCCA is an answer to our prayers. Back Creek provides small group and individualized attention. Students are respectful and respected, I enjoy walking on campus and seeing the smiling faces of the students. Communication between us and our child's teacher has been great. Our emails are always answered in a timely manner and if we need to talk one-on-one our child's teacher always makes time for us and our concerns. I would hightly recommend Back Creek to any parent.

Posted January 14, 2015
I would put the education my children receive from this school up against those of any other school. The teachers are experienced and very nurturing and come along side the parent in helping instill a Christian worldview.

Posted January 13, 2015
We have had a great experience with our children at Back Creek. The teachers are excellent, highly qualified and one can tell that they truly enjoy being around children.

Back Creek Christian Academy 1

Posted December 09, 2014
I ll keep this as to the point as possible. Good Things: Good First Impression Bad Things: A mixed bag of sorts; disorganized, constant miscommunication and poor leadership. Not a well-managed organization that one might expect from a private school. Very disappointed. The well-established charters have more to offer from a curriculum perspective. My child will be moving on at the conclusion of the next session.

Back Creek Christian Academy
1827 Back Creek Church Road, Charlotte, NC  28213
Last modified Back Creek Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Back Creek Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top