Charlotte, NC

Posted August 07, 2015
They are far from a Christian school, be careful if you think your child is safe from the world here. They teach to the test. Breaking the law by doing this. Foolish bc it hurts the children they claim to love. So much bullying going on if they don't want you. The kids are learning from the parents and administration about bullying. Church in a Christian school is considered to be an option not a requirement if you are actually participating in activities with children. It is a shame that such world view is not being shared by all parties whether employees or volunteers. You are rolling the dice on your children by sending them to school but here and your child always loses. The school has dropped off at the astounding rates of over 30% in one year. Something to think about before enrollment. Important to share.

Back Creek Christian Academy
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 25, 2015
The core values of BCCA encourage students to realize that each person is made in God's image which promotes student relationships. Opportunities help them to serve joyfully. Students are challenged to honor truth, beauty and kindness in a setting which celebrates ethnic and racial diversity.

Posted June 18, 2015
I'm not sure where some of these negative reviews are coming from! Back Creek is an excellent community. As a teacher from a public school system, I can assure you that we have a first-rate curriculum (based on a Biblical worldview). Our nurturing environment and small class sizes lend themselves to success for any ability level student. I do agree with one of the reviews, though, please DO your research and come and visit.

Back Creek Christian Academy 4

Posted January 19, 2015
BCCA is an answer to our prayers. Back Creek provides small group and individualized attention. Students are respectful and respected, I enjoy walking on campus and seeing the smiling faces of the students. Communication between us and our child's teacher has been great. Our emails are always answered in a timely manner and if we need to talk one-on-one our child's teacher always makes time for us and our concerns. I would hightly recommend Back Creek to any parent.

Posted January 14, 2015
I would put the education my children receive from this school up against those of any other school. The teachers are experienced and very nurturing and come along side the parent in helping instill a Christian worldview.

Posted January 13, 2015
We have had a great experience with our children at Back Creek. The teachers are excellent, highly qualified and one can tell that they truly enjoy being around children.

Posted December 09, 2014
I ll keep this as to the point as possible. Good Things: Good First Impression Bad Things: A mixed bag of sorts; disorganized, constant miscommunication and poor leadership. Not a well-managed organization that one might expect from a private school. Very disappointed. The well-established charters have more to offer from a curriculum perspective. My child will be moving on at the conclusion of the next session.

Posted November 18, 2014
BCCA is absolutely the best school and work environment that I've experienced compared to other schools where I have taught in the past. From working here, I have seen first hand how the teachers LOVE their students, pray for them, and challenge them academically. I count it as a privilege to work here with amazing faculty who love God with all their heart, mind, and soul. The administration is proactive in teacher training opportunities and spend a lot of time planning and implementing staff development sessions. Because our world is constantly changing, curriculum is consistently reviewed and checked for any needed updates. All curriculum is developed using a biblical worldview. The students, while not perfect, love and support each other.

Posted October 24, 2014
My child graduated 8th grade at BCCA. He has flourished at his extremely academic high school because of the educational foundation he received at the academy. Also, he can defend his faith and think critically to form a logical conclusion when confronted with opposing worldviews. He is excited about learning because the teachers at this school encouraged and model becoming life long learners. The teachers made the time and took the effort to get to know him and to demonstrate their love for him. I could not have asked for a better experience and I am greatly appreciative of all the staff and faculty for shaping him into the young man he is today.

Posted September 11, 2014
Overall, truly an awful experience. First impressions were good but school lacks organization and forward thinkers. Moved on after one year to another private institution. Would not recommend.

Back Creek Christian Academy
1827 Back Creek Church Road, Charlotte, NC  28213
Last modified Back Creek Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Back Creek Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top