Charlotte, NC

Back Creek Christian Academy 4

Posted January 19, 2015
BCCA is an answer to our prayers. Back Creek provides small group and individualized attention. Students are respectful and respected, I enjoy walking on campus and seeing the smiling faces of the students. Communication between us and our child's teacher has been great. Our emails are always answered in a timely manner and if we need to talk one-on-one our child's teacher always makes time for us and our concerns. I would hightly recommend Back Creek to any parent.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 14, 2015
I would put the education my children receive from this school up against those of any other school. The teachers are experienced and very nurturing and come along side the parent in helping instill a Christian worldview.
4 people found this helpful

Posted January 13, 2015
We have had a great experience with our children at Back Creek. The teachers are excellent, highly qualified and one can tell that they truly enjoy being around children.
9 people found this helpful

Back Creek Christian Academy 1

Posted December 09, 2014
I ll keep this as to the point as possible. Good Things: Good First Impression Bad Things: A mixed bag of sorts; disorganized, constant miscommunication and poor leadership. Not a well-managed organization that one might expect from a private school. Very disappointed. The well-established charters have more to offer from a curriculum perspective. My child will be moving on at the conclusion of the next session.

Posted November 18, 2014
BCCA is absolutely the best school and work environment that I've experienced compared to other schools where I have taught in the past. From working here, I have seen first hand how the teachers LOVE their students, pray for them, and challenge them academically. I count it as a privilege to work here with amazing faculty who love God with all their heart, mind, and soul. The administration is proactive in teacher training opportunities and spend a lot of time planning and implementing staff development sessions. Because our world is constantly changing, curriculum is consistently reviewed and checked for any needed updates. All curriculum is developed using a biblical worldview. The students, while not perfect, love and support each other.
7 people found this helpful

Posted October 24, 2014
My child graduated 8th grade at BCCA. He has flourished at his extremely academic high school because of the educational foundation he received at the academy. Also, he can defend his faith and think critically to form a logical conclusion when confronted with opposing worldviews. He is excited about learning because the teachers at this school encouraged and model becoming life long learners. The teachers made the time and took the effort to get to know him and to demonstrate their love for him. I could not have asked for a better experience and I am greatly appreciative of all the staff and faculty for shaping him into the young man he is today.
8 people found this helpful

Back Creek Christian Academy 1

Posted September 11, 2014
Overall, truly an awful experience. First impressions were good but school lacks organization and forward thinkers. Moved on after one year to another private institution. Would not recommend.

Back Creek Christian Academy 2

Posted August 22, 2014
Pros: Christian Values, well intended Cons: Very limited resources across the board, substandard facilities, questionable staff turnover, understaffed, staff training is minimal pertaining to scope, method and strategy for learning, limited/dated technology, ill-equipped to address any unforeseen circumstances out of the ordinary. Do your research before committing. Make be right fit for some. Spend the extra money and explore higher tier opportunities.

Back Creek Christian Academy 4

Posted June 26, 2013
This is a school where your child is treated as an image bearer of Christ. Students are held to high standards inside and outside the classroom. As a parent of a lower school student, I appreciate the daily recess and do not mind the little technology, we have enough of that at home! What the school does has is used intentionally to supplement the curriculum. The class sizes are lower than public school, and often parent volunteers or part time assistants are used to pull smaller groups. The athletic department is trying hard to grow and involve all middle schoolers!
8 people found this helpful

Back Creek Christian Academy 2

Posted June 05, 2013
Please do your research before you decide to put your child in this school. Many children that leave this school have to be tutored to catch up with other private school peers in the same grade level. They say all the right things to make you think they care about your child and your child's education but the actions by administrators and teachers show you the truth. Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing...
2 people found this helpful

Back Creek Christian Academy
1827 Back Creek Church Road, Charlotte, NC  28213
Last modified Back Creek Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Back Creek Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top