Charlotte, NC

Back Creek Christian Academy 1

Posted December 09, 2014
I ll keep this as to the point as possible. Good Things: Good First Impression Bad Things: A mixed bag of sorts; disorganized, constant miscommunication and poor leadership. Not a well-managed organization that one might expect from a private school. Very disappointed. The well-established charters have more to offer from a curriculum perspective. My child will be moving on at the conclusion of the next session.

Posted November 18, 2014
BCCA is absolutely the best school and work environment that I've experienced compared to other schools where I have taught in the past. From working here, I have seen first hand how the teachers LOVE their students, pray for them, and challenge them academically. I count it as a privilege to work here with amazing faculty who love God with all their heart, mind, and soul. The administration is proactive in teacher training opportunities and spend a lot of time planning and implementing staff development sessions. Because our world is constantly changing, curriculum is consistently reviewed and checked for any needed updates. All curriculum is developed using a biblical worldview. The students, while not perfect, love and support each other.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 24, 2014
My child graduated 8th grade at BCCA. He has flourished at his extremely academic high school because of the educational foundation he received at the academy. Also, he can defend his faith and think critically to form a logical conclusion when confronted with opposing worldviews. He is excited about learning because the teachers at this school encouraged and model becoming life long learners. The teachers made the time and took the effort to get to know him and to demonstrate their love for him. I could not have asked for a better experience and I am greatly appreciative of all the staff and faculty for shaping him into the young man he is today.

Posted October 22, 2014
Back Creek has provided our children with an exceptional education. The teachers have went above and beyond for our son with ADHD. He is thriving in the classroom.

Back Creek Christian Academy 1

Posted September 11, 2014
Overall, truly an awful experience. First impressions were good but school lacks organization and forward thinkers. Moved on after one year to another private institution. Would not recommend.

Back Creek Christian Academy 2

Posted August 22, 2014
Pros: Christian Values, well intended Cons: Very limited resources across the board, substandard facilities, questionable staff turnover, understaffed, staff training is minimal pertaining to scope, method and strategy for learning, limited/dated technology, ill-equipped to address any unforeseen circumstances out of the ordinary. Do your research before committing. Make be right fit for some. Spend the extra money and explore higher tier opportunities.

Posted June 26, 2013
This is a school where your child is treated as an image bearer of Christ. Students are held to high standards inside and outside the classroom. As a parent of a lower school student, I appreciate the daily recess and do not mind the little technology, we have enough of that at home! What the school does has is used intentionally to supplement the curriculum. The class sizes are lower than public school, and often parent volunteers or part time assistants are used to pull smaller groups. The athletic department is trying hard to grow and involve all middle schoolers!

Back Creek Christian Academy 2

Posted June 05, 2013
Please do your research before you decide to put your child in this school. Many children that leave this school have to be tutored to catch up with other private school peers in the same grade level. They say all the right things to make you think they care about your child and your child's education but the actions by administrators and teachers show you the truth. Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing...

Posted May 03, 2013
In response to parent review March 25: Classrooms are highly efficient which is made even more so because of the wonderful parents who love volunteering with their child's class, vs viewing it as a chore. It's great because I know the parents of my son's classmates and know he gets extra attention if he needs it. I don't particularly care where that help is coming from... Music & Arts teachers may have left for whatever reason, but this school is traditional-style, meaning arts&crafts time can stay in pre-k and summer camp. Yes, I love the cutesy collages my kid likes to do, but honestly I put more importance on math and reading/writing skills. No more spanish is no big deal. Honestly, an elementary education in foreign language does not mean "proficient". No computer or technology? Good. Too much electronics and gadgets at home and elsewhere anyway. I'm sure my teaching skills are sufficient enough in explaining the basics of Google when research projects come into play. ALL teachers are great and "what they have" is way more than most have, and everything they need. Never been to CMS, huh? My son has flourished here academically and socially. Love BCCA!
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 01, 2013
We are guilty as charged. Latin replaced our Spanish program. We have hired volunteers that started as classroom moms. Call us and we will put you in contact with many of our parents who are also employees. Second, employees come and go. Our two part music program is curricular and music lessons. Sometimes music lesson teachers stop offering lessons. Our classroom music teachers are more stable unless they violate school policy. We have fired a music and an art teacher for violating school policies. CPU and technology education is consistent with developmental phase. We have iPads in 8th grade down to keyboarding in 4th, 5th and 6th grades. We always ask for money. We are privately funded and not publicly funded. We are Christian. During Christmas we banded together to help two parents save their home from foreclosure by raising a Christmas fund in the amount of $1,000 cash, $1,000 in grocery cards, $1,000 in clothes donations, and assorted other gifts and donations directly to the family. Finally, we spent $18,000 on playground equipment. This money was given by one family and earmarked for this purchase by the family.

Back Creek Christian Academy
1827 Back Creek Church Road, Charlotte, NC  28213
Last modified Back Creek Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Back Creek Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top