Posted June 26, 2013
This is a school where your child is treated as an image bearer of Christ. Students are held to high standards inside and outside the classroom. As a parent of a lower school student, I appreciate the daily recess and do not mind the little technology, we have enough of that at home! What the school does has is used intentionally to supplement the curriculum. The class sizes are lower than public school, and often parent volunteers or part time assistants are used to pull smaller groups. The athletic department is trying hard to grow and involve all middle schoolers!

Back Creek Christian Academy 2

Posted June 05, 2013
Please do your research before you decide to put your child in this school. Many children that leave this school have to be tutored to catch up with other private school peers in the same grade level. They say all the right things to make you think they care about your child and your child's education but the actions by administrators and teachers show you the truth. Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing...

Posted May 03, 2013
In response to parent review March 25: Classrooms are highly efficient which is made even more so because of the wonderful parents who love volunteering with their child's class, vs viewing it as a chore. It's great because I know the parents of my son's classmates and know he gets extra attention if he needs it. I don't particularly care where that help is coming from... Music & Arts teachers may have left for whatever reason, but this school is traditional-style, meaning arts&crafts time can stay in pre-k and summer camp. Yes, I love the cutesy collages my kid likes to do, but honestly I put more importance on math and reading/writing skills. No more spanish is no big deal. Honestly, an elementary education in foreign language does not mean "proficient". No computer or technology? Good. Too much electronics and gadgets at home and elsewhere anyway. I'm sure my teaching skills are sufficient enough in explaining the basics of Google when research projects come into play. ALL teachers are great and "what they have" is way more than most have, and everything they need. Never been to CMS, huh? My son has flourished here academically and socially. Love BCCA!

Posted February 01, 2013
We are guilty as charged. Latin replaced our Spanish program. We have hired volunteers that started as classroom moms. Call us and we will put you in contact with many of our parents who are also employees. Second, employees come and go. Our two part music program is curricular and music lessons. Sometimes music lesson teachers stop offering lessons. Our classroom music teachers are more stable unless they violate school policy. We have fired a music and an art teacher for violating school policies. CPU and technology education is consistent with developmental phase. We have iPads in 8th grade down to keyboarding in 4th, 5th and 6th grades. We always ask for money. We are privately funded and not publicly funded. We are Christian. During Christmas we banded together to help two parents save their home from foreclosure by raising a Christmas fund in the amount of $1,000 cash, $1,000 in grocery cards, $1,000 in clothes donations, and assorted other gifts and donations directly to the family. Finally, we spent $18,000 on playground equipment. This money was given by one family and earmarked for this purchase by the family.

Back Creek Christian Academy 2

Posted March 25, 2012
Parents have to become teachers and volunteers for classroom to function. Spanish program dropped. Music & Arts teachers leaving. No Computer or Technology Education. No vision for future. School is always demanding money for this, that and the other. Most of the teachers are great, they do the best they can with what they have. Money spent on playground equipment rather than classroom improvements.

Posted August 09, 2010
Great, if your child doesn't have ADHD. The teachers label these children, as they have mine. Then, they get treated differently. They tried to push me to medicate my child. You'll enjoy it if your child doesn't have special needs, it isn't fair.

Posted December 08, 2009
My son started TK this year at BCCA. I have been incredibly impressed with the compassion and caring demonstrated by ALL of the staff as well as the information he is learning. I have noticed such a change in him already! The tuition is reasonable and I know my son is in a safe and loving environment. Can't beat it!

Back Creek Christian Academy 0

Posted October 06, 2009
Back Creek is a good foundational school for my child. My child has made many friends and is doing well with the curriculum.

Posted February 06, 2009
Back Creek Christian Academy is an excellent school for all grades. The school has great focus on academics as well as the teachings of Jesus Christ. The class sizes are small and the staff all operate on the same principles.

Posted December 03, 2007
I couldn't think of a better place for my child to begin her educational journey. The teachers are impressive, extremely caring and supportive. The classroom size is small, and my child really benefited from the one on one attention. The classical education emphasis is impressive. The tuition is extremely reasonable compared to other larger private schools in the area.

Back Creek Christian Academy
1827 Back Creek Church Road, Charlotte, NC  28213
Last modified Back Creek Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Back Creek Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.