Northside Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 695 students

We are best known for producing students who will be life-long learners…

Living in Charlotte

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $126,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $900.

Sweep tile

School Official Point of View

Posted December 19, 2013

At Northside Christian Academy we are committed to helping children meet individual challenges, explore individual interests and develop individual talents. This is our goal, not only in the classroom, but also on the athletic field, on stage, in after-school clubs, on school trips, and working together on service learning projects. Our Christ-centered education is based on innovative teaching and genuine concern for the well being of each child. Northside Christian Academy is here to partner with Christian families to provide a Christ-centered, biblically based education in pursuit of excellence.

Posted March 10, 2014

Northside Christian Academy is a fantastic school for any family seeking to instill a marriage of strong academics with a biblical world view. Having graduated from Northside in the 2000s, I was provided with every tool needed to succeed at the collegiate level. Although AP courses were offered, I was not an AP caliber student. Regardless, my first two years of University were not as difficult or rigorous as my years spent at NCA at the high school level. I do understand that NCA may not be for all families, but personal accountability and effort are an integral part of each student's success. Upon entry to NCA, students are evaluated regarding where they are academically, and are advised to course work fitting to their academic level and experience. Parents, if you are considering NCA, take my advice. An average student at NCA is a fantastic College/University student anywhere. The fact that over 90% of NCA graduates go on to colleges of their choices is a very strong indicator of where they are with regard to academic strength. - graduate

Posted December 23, 2013

At the behest of the school my former post will be removed. Thanks Great Schools for allowing me to post. It was not my intention to rate the school at this jucture but I had to choose something.

Posted December 19, 2013

NCA has provided my children the opportunity to study at a school where they are taught who they are in Christ and they have gone on to top rated Universities all while receiving many academic accolades and scholarships. It is unfortunate that some find it necessary to tear down, but I hope many will come and see for themselves that just like most things in life, you get out what you put in to it. My children excelled academically as they did what they needed to do. Most students can get in to any number of excellent colleges and universities, but the economic environment and high cost of higher education has caused some to make the decision to spend the first year or two at home to get some of the basics out of the way...I think this is an admirable decision as these students do not want $100,000 in debt upon graduating college. Whatever their reason for choosing CPCC, I do not think anyone should judge; but I do want others to know that my children and so many others had the opportunity to attend some of the highest rated universities in the country.

Posted September 20, 2013

My family has spent many hours undoing the damage this school did to our child. At his current school, he thrives, is learning, has great relationships with friends and teachers....at Northside our family experienced the horror of finding out that our child was being told by his teacher he was "not smart" and was "bad". The school has no respect for diversity of learning styles or the uniqueness of children as individuals. We had planned on being NCA'ers for life but following learning about what was going on in our son's classroom, removed him immediately and he has thrived ever since. We know all schools aren't a fit for everyone but using your position as a teacher and almost destroying a child's spirit is inexcusable.

Posted August 13, 2012

Northside Christian Academy is a wonderful school for any family that wants their child to get a great education but more importantly learn how to live according to God's word. Our three children graduated from NCA after attending 5K-12th grade. We have been connected with Northside in some way for over 35 years and are so very thankful for the many teachers, coaches and administration who made NCA a really special place. It means so much to hear our 3 grown kids speak of those who made and continue to make an impact on their life. The size of the classes in elementary are an extra plus to learning and one on one attention.

Posted August 8, 2012

I would not place my family anywhere but Northside Christian Academy. I ve had my children there for five years. My oldest, a graduate, is now in her second year at UNC. She will tell you firsthand, that Northside Christian Academy fully prepared her for college, and that she has confidence in her future career pursuits. She is maintaining an A average in college, and is in their leadership program. I have two sons, one going into 7th grade and one going into 1st grade. They would tell you that Northside Christian Academy is a place where they feel loved, and where they feel a healthy balance between academics, spiritual development, character development, and extracurricular opportunities. In short, it is a group of people that I trust to live up to their goal to provide a Christ-centered, biblically based education in pursuit of excellence.

Posted April 23, 2012

Northside Christain School is wonderful. I love it ,my child love it and my husband and that is saying a lot. My child has been at Northside for 5 years. We have an older child who graduated from another Christian School where we paid almost triple what we are paying in tuition at NCA and we can't see any difference academically. The Coffee meeting we attend every month with the Head of The School is very informative. Love NCA!

Posted September 17, 2011

My children attend the elementary school at Northside and we are very happy with our experience thus far. I did a lot of research on four area Christian schools prior to choosing Northside and I was thankful I had several options. The Northside teachers are excellent and my children are thriving academically, socially and spiritually. Having a new leadership team that is willing to listen to parent feedback is phenomenal and I believe great things are on the horizon for this school.

Posted September 2, 2011

My child attended Northside a few years before she was pulled out. When she started at Northside, she wanted to be a Doctor. By the time she left, her only aspiration was just to graduate from a school, any school! The atmosphere may be great for families, I guess! But what happened to my daughter speaks more to an environment that doesn't really promote, at least not to any significant level, hard work. Its about keeping families happy. My daughter was already happy! She lost her drive to want to be more and started settling for simply becoming a CPCC graduate like many of the kids who graduate from Norhtside. Simply far too many of them end up at CPCC. Why?

Posted August 20, 2011

My son is at another local Christian school so I believe in Christian Education but not at the expense of academic excellence. Northside decided much later than other institutions like it that it was necessary to upgrade it's curriculum, a curriculum that currently lacks sufficient AP doused to be considered competitive, no scoop year academic internships, concurrent enrollment programs with colleges and universities. These are just a few areas that must be addressed that other Christian institutions are addressing. There is a need for Christian doctors and other Christian professionals all over the world and in this country. Some countries, this included, women will not see a doctor unless the doctor is female. Christian institutions can serve a much needed role by preparing these and other professionals very early on to assume some of these professional gaps. You can't effectively prepare students to meet this and other academic and spiritual goals when you are constantly in survival and self preservation mode. Other local (Christian) schools are filled to capacity while this one is not. Please pray for Northside. I hope it is not too late.

Posted May 12, 2011

I graduated from Northside Christian Academy in the 90's. At the time I didn't realize all the advantages I was getting from a Christian education. I have seen the things that I was taught help me in my life today so much that my wife and I now make the sacrifice to send my two oldest kids to the school. I know they will benefit from the same things that I did.

Posted March 18, 2011

This has been the most amazing year for my child at NCA. NCA is a great, Bible teaching, character building, and academically challenging school. The students are encouraged to be a living Bible & they are held accountable for the choices they make, both good & bad. I'm thankful that they accept students where they are and they help them to grow...spiritually & academically. I know the school lost some athletes this year but God took the students that remained and He used them in incredible ways. Every team did great including soccer, volleyball, wrestling, and basketball. The boys basketball team had a very successful year placing 2nd in the state. We have spring sports underway and I know that God will use them too! It was great to watch each team play as a team, where everyone could share in the game. This year was amazing as we watched each team's character on the playing field/court, a great testimony for the athletes. I'm proud that my child attends NCA and has had a great opportunity in sports, fine arts, education, and character building. When paired with lessons learned at home, NCA helps to create a strong Christian young person for which I'm thankful! Thank you NCA!

Posted January 11, 2011

I can see each of the faces as they wrote the negative reviews. My child has been at NCA several years and even when this small group was most vocal, I couldn t see what they saw and I tried for the sake of my child. I was at the school quite often.The teachers and the staff that I have encountered are great! Regardless, in my opinion this school year has been totally awesome!!!! I feel like the school (and the church) is on the verge of going through an old timey revival. I am constantly in awe of the time, committement, prayers, and communication the teachers, staff and school master provides. Over the holidays, my child was w/ other kids from other private schools and public schools and all I could do was beam w/ pride. I want to thank God for the passion the new school master and the wonderful pastor has for the school. (Maybe the passion comes because both of these Godly men having small children in the school/AEL and they both walk the walk they talk.) The couple of families that left NCA last year are in my prayers daily. I hope they found what they were looking for in other schools. I know that I know, my child is in the right school!!!!

Posted October 14, 2010

The parents at Northside Christian Academy are great. The school has strong parent participation and involvement. We love the teachers and the challenging academic programs.

Posted October 14, 2010

Northside Christian Academy is a great school. We are a strong school academically and spiritually. We have very involved parents and wonderful families who attend our school.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 13, 2010

Northside Christian Academy pairs academics with a Christian world view. If you are looking for a perfect school, there are none; but NCA strives to produce life-long learners, pursuing Christ-likeness in every aspect of life. I have two sons who are graduates of NCA. After college both moved on to careers in full-time ministry. I appreciate the positive impact NCA's coaches, teachers and staff made in their lives.

Posted August 18, 2010

Northside sucks! The school is shrinking. Went from 2 buildings to one, not because of conservation. The lifers who have been there for many years are trying desperately to hold on to a legacy while unable to meet the current demands of modern education. By the way, to the parent who stated that the school had students to graduate and attend Harvard, Northside lists schools their graduates attend after graduation on their website. Harvard is not listed. Keep dreaming! I discovered that for 2010-2011 AY the entire football team withdrew from the school. For longtime members of the church and school it has been a great ride. Your refusal to update your curriculum coupledf with no parent teacher org to date is resulting in your irrelevance.

Posted July 22, 2010

My children are at NCA and have attended since 5K. I have been affiliated with NCA for 13 years. I feel my children have and are receiving an excellent education. The administration and teachers have always been available whenever I need them. I am very pleased with education my children are receiving. It seems that perhaps some of the negative comments come from the fact that the people were not at NCA for the purpose it was started and has continued. NCA is a christian school that gives a wonderful education with a biblical worldview. The education is top notch.

Posted July 1, 2010

As the parent of three Northside graduates, I have no hesitation commending Northside to any parents seeking a Christian school for their child. While not perfect (after all, what institution is?), Northside seeks to offer a Christ-centered education that prepares young people to enter the world of higher education and/or the work force. Our children did well in college having been prepared by the top-notch English department as well as the Science department.. High expectations in the area of research and composition helped our children handle the demands of college English classes. Likewise, a college anatomy professor commented on our child's abilities in the dissection lab - which is directly attributable to the training received in NCA's science lab. Teachers that impacted our children's lives still stay in touch and encourage them on their way. You can't pay for that kind of quality.

Posted June 29, 2010

I am a parent who proudly has three very successful children who graduated from Northside Christian Academy. We were involved with the school for 16 years until my youngest graduated. All three graduated from very respected colleges and had no problems with their Northside education. Northside had graduates attend the Citadel, Harvard and other institutions (including UNCC) without problems. Maybe the problem some of the parents had with Northside is that they thought it was only a private school and not chrisitan school. I would find it easy to say you can trust your childs' education to Northside. I believe the school has been training children for 40 years or more and I don't recall a time when there was a problem with a child's safety.

Asian 4% N/A
Two or more races 4% N/A
American Indian/Alaskan Native 0% 2%
Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school The Academy of Early Learning
Percentage of students going to 2-year college 2% (2012)
Percentage of students going to 4-year college 96% (2012)
Percentage of students going to the military 2% (2012)
Colleges most students attend after graduation Liberty University
UNC Chepel Hill
Wake Forest University
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
College counselor(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Security personnel
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Engineering

• Performing arts
  • Visual arts
  • Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Cooking club

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Tony Fajardo
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • Infant
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Writing
Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
Vocational or skills-based training offered

• Art teacher(s)
  • Assistant principal(s)
  • College counselor(s)
  • Computer specialist(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Security personnel
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Learning lab
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Improv
  • Poetry
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Art club
  • Arts and crafts
  • Book/reading club
  • Chess club
  • Community service
  • Cooking club
  • Drama club
  • Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)
  • Foreign language club: Chinese

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • V.I.P Group (Very Involved Parent)
  • Volunteer in the classroom