School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

At Northside Christian Academy we are committed to helping children meet individual challenges, explore individual interests and develop individual talents. This is our goal, not only in the classroom, but also on the athletic field, on stage, in after-school clubs, on school trips, and working together on service learning projects. Our Christ-centered education is based on innovative teaching and genuine concern for the well being of each child. Northside Christian Academy is here to partner with Christian families to provide a Christ-centered, biblically based education in pursuit of excellence.
December 19, 2013

Northside Christian Academy 3

Posted May 11, 2014
The administration does not follow the principles outlined in Matthew 18. IPad use is for marketing purposes, no research was conducted in it being a superior method of instruction. Better curricula sit on the shelves while this is being implemented. Alumni and relatives are hired over candidates with higher levels of experience and qualifications. Money is spent on a student activity center while teachers lack the basic school supplies they need. There are no support services for students with academic struggles, because the athletic program receives all of the resources. Planning is for this school to service only the elite in academics, athletics, and fine arts. Once enrollment marks are hit, if you don't fit into one of those 3 categories, or know someone on the inside, don't plan on being accepted.

Posted March 10, 2014
Northside Christian Academy is a fantastic school for any family seeking to instill a marriage of strong academics with a biblical world view. Having graduated from Northside in the 2000s, I was provided with every tool needed to succeed at the collegiate level. Although AP courses were offered, I was not an AP caliber student. Regardless, my first two years of University were not as difficult or rigorous as my years spent at NCA at the high school level. I do understand that NCA may not be for all families, but personal accountability and effort are an integral part of each student's success. Upon entry to NCA, students are evaluated regarding where they are academically, and are advised to course work fitting to their academic level and experience. Parents, if you are considering NCA, take my advice. An average student at NCA is a fantastic College/University student anywhere. The fact that over 90% of NCA graduates go on to colleges of their choices is a very strong indicator of where they are with regard to academic strength. - graduate

Northside Christian Academy 2

Posted December 23, 2013
At the behest of the school my former post will be removed. Thanks Great Schools for allowing me to post. It was not my intention to rate the school at this jucture but I had to choose something.

Posted December 19, 2013
NCA has provided my children the opportunity to study at a school where they are taught who they are in Christ and they have gone on to top rated Universities all while receiving many academic accolades and scholarships. It is unfortunate that some find it necessary to tear down, but I hope many will come and see for themselves that just like most things in life, you get out what you put in to it. My children excelled academically as they did what they needed to do. Most students can get in to any number of excellent colleges and universities, but the economic environment and high cost of higher education has caused some to make the decision to spend the first year or two at home to get some of the basics out of the way...I think this is an admirable decision as these students do not want $100,000 in debt upon graduating college. Whatever their reason for choosing CPCC, I do not think anyone should judge; but I do want others to know that my children and so many others had the opportunity to attend some of the highest rated universities in the country.

Northside Christian Academy 1

Posted September 20, 2013
My family has spent many hours undoing the damage this school did to our child. At his current school, he thrives, is learning, has great relationships with friends and teachers....at Northside our family experienced the horror of finding out that our child was being told by his teacher he was "not smart" and was "bad". The school has no respect for diversity of learning styles or the uniqueness of children as individuals. We had planned on being NCA'ers for life but following learning about what was going on in our son's classroom, removed him immediately and he has thrived ever since. We know all schools aren't a fit for everyone but using your position as a teacher and almost destroying a child's spirit is inexcusable.

Northside Christian Academy 4

Posted August 13, 2012
Northside Christian Academy is a wonderful school for any family that wants their child to get a great education but more importantly learn how to live according to God's word. Our three children graduated from NCA after attending 5K-12th grade. We have been connected with Northside in some way for over 35 years and are so very thankful for the many teachers, coaches and administration who made NCA a really special place. It means so much to hear our 3 grown kids speak of those who made and continue to make an impact on their life. The size of the classes in elementary are an extra plus to learning and one on one attention.

Posted August 08, 2012
I would not place my family anywhere but Northside Christian Academy. I ve had my children there for five years. My oldest, a graduate, is now in her second year at UNC. She will tell you firsthand, that Northside Christian Academy fully prepared her for college, and that she has confidence in her future career pursuits. She is maintaining an A average in college, and is in their leadership program. I have two sons, one going into 7th grade and one going into 1st grade. They would tell you that Northside Christian Academy is a place where they feel loved, and where they feel a healthy balance between academics, spiritual development, character development, and extracurricular opportunities. In short, it is a group of people that I trust to live up to their goal to provide a Christ-centered, biblically based education in pursuit of excellence.

Posted April 23, 2012
Northside Christain School is wonderful. I love it ,my child love it and my husband and that is saying a lot. My child has been at Northside for 5 years. We have an older child who graduated from another Christian School where we paid almost triple what we are paying in tuition at NCA and we can't see any difference academically. The Coffee meeting we attend every month with the Head of The School is very informative. Love NCA!

Posted September 17, 2011
My children attend the elementary school at Northside and we are very happy with our experience thus far. I did a lot of research on four area Christian schools prior to choosing Northside and I was thankful I had several options. The Northside teachers are excellent and my children are thriving academically, socially and spiritually. Having a new leadership team that is willing to listen to parent feedback is phenomenal and I believe great things are on the horizon for this school.

Northside Christian Academy 1

Posted September 02, 2011
My child attended Northside a few years before she was pulled out. When she started at Northside, she wanted to be a Doctor. By the time she left, her only aspiration was just to graduate from a school, any school! The atmosphere may be great for families, I guess! But what happened to my daughter speaks more to an environment that doesn't really promote, at least not to any significant level, hard work. Its about keeping families happy. My daughter was already happy! She lost her drive to want to be more and started settling for simply becoming a CPCC graduate like many of the kids who graduate from Norhtside. Simply far too many of them end up at CPCC. Why?

Northside Christian Academy
333 Jeremiah Blvd, Charlotte, NC  28262
Last modified Northside Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Northside Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews.