PK-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

At Northside Christian Academy we are committed to helping children meet individual challenges, explore individual interests and develop individual talents. This is our goal, not only in the classroom, but also on the athletic field, on stage, in after-school clubs, on school trips, and working together on service learning projects. Our Christ-centered education is based on innovative teaching and genuine concern for the well being of each child. Northside Christian Academy is here to partner with Christian families to provide a Christ-centered, biblically based education in pursuit of excellence.
December 19, 2013

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

As a graduate, I felt NCA prepared me very well for the next level of education. I was equipped and ready to meet new challenges and thrive in my collegiate environment. My teachers and administrators really cared about me and my overall development and ensured a safe and positive environment. This really positioned me and my fellow students for success.

Northside is a great school. I have 2 children currently at middle school. Staff are very friendly and easy to communicate with. The head of school meets with parents ones every month to keep parents on the loop and exchange ideas. Very strong academically and not too much homework. Teachers and administrators do have their children enrolled, plus some teachers are former students. They demonstrate a strong bond with the school and turnover is very low. With that said it is possible for people to feel like an "outsider" but on the bright side you can tell that they are promoting to your children what they wish to their own.

I was a student at northside for about 11 years. I left to go to public school and honestly I would recommend to save your money. There is so much favoritism and the staff shows that. The staff cares more for some kids (mostly the ones who's parents work there) over others. The school leaders really don't care about bullying/drama unless your a staff members child. SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Some teachers treat some students (mostly the ones who's parent's work their) with more respect than others. But overall they do care.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Since they have eight classes, most of the time you will have eight homework assignments. This isn't major unless you have sports. This adds a lot of stress on students.

My son started the 2's class after being in an in-home daycare since he was 3 months old. My husband and I wanted him to interact more with peers his age, as there were more infants than toddlers. His teachers were inviting, encouraging and understanding while he transitioned from the in-home learning environment to Northside Christian. We are so very thankful for the ongoing support and encouragement we've received from teachers, staff and administration throughout our first year at Northside.

My son attended Northside the majority of his life (started in the child care). We had a wonderful experience! He grew to be smart, caring, and confident. It is a Great School and I recommend it highly! Go Knights!

The administration does not follow the principles outlined in Matthew 18. IPad use is for marketing purposes, no research was conducted in it being a superior method of instruction. Better curricula sit on the shelves while this is being implemented. Alumni and relatives are hired over candidates with higher levels of experience and qualifications. Money is spent on a student activity center while teachers lack the basic school supplies they need. There are no support services for students with academic struggles, because the athletic program receives all of the resources. Planning is for this school to service only the elite in academics, athletics, and fine arts. Once enrollment marks are hit, if you don't fit into one of those 3 categories, or know someone on the inside, don't plan on being accepted.

Northside Christian Academy is a fantastic school for any family seeking to instill a marriage of strong academics with a biblical world view. Having graduated from Northside in the 2000s, I was provided with every tool needed to succeed at the collegiate level. Although AP courses were offered, I was not an AP caliber student. Regardless, my first two years of University were not as difficult or rigorous as my years spent at NCA at the high school level. I do understand that NCA may not be for all families, but personal accountability and effort are an integral part of each student's success. Upon entry to NCA, students are evaluated regarding where they are academically, and are advised to course work fitting to their academic level and experience. Parents, if you are considering NCA, take my advice. An average student at NCA is a fantastic College/University student anywhere. The fact that over 90% of NCA graduates go on to colleges of their choices is a very strong indicator of where they are with regard to academic strength. - graduate

At the behest of the school my former post will be removed. Thanks Great Schools for allowing me to post. It was not my intention to rate the school at this jucture but I had to choose something.

Last modified Northside Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12