Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Good teachers. My son learned a lot. It's the administrators who are subpar. I regret sending my child to this school.

Amount of homework: Agree

My son always finished his homework at school so I don't think it was excessive

Our second year at CHMS. My child was not challenged at all in their previous school. The moment they stepped foot into this school the teachers expected nothing more than excellence from them. CHMS faculty are preparing the students for real life and college. Teaching them responsibility and independence. My child stated that they have learned more, feels respected, and believes that the teachers want them to succeed. Parents MUST advocate for their child. In my experience, It has been as easy as an email conversation, with a 48hour response time, to advocate for my child's education. Teachers are not perfect and neither are our children. We have to work together. CHMS has a large population of students and if your child has special needs, or behavior problems you must work very close with the staff (daily or weekly emails in addition to meetings) to have positive results.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers are as effective as the parents are involved. The teachers are as effective as the administration supports them. I have had ineffective teachers for my child and I've had very effective teachers. In both situations I have been validated and supported by the VP. We worked together for the best results for the child.

Amount of homework: Disagree

While I understand why homework exist, I'm not sure I agree that it's necessary. Studies are showing that students grades may actually increase with no homework. So IMO yes, there is too much homework but it's not a reflection of this school homework policy. It's my overall opinion of the true value of homework nationwide.

Develops character: Agree

The reason I feel this school helps to develop honesty, integrity is that my child had a difficult time adjusting to middle school. The VP and the guidance counselor were patient and kind, uplifting his confidence. As a result he is doing very well.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

My daughter attended here 6 years ago and it was good then. She had great teachers. This year some teachers are mediocre which is okay and one teacher is terrible. His website is a mess. I try to find other teacher websites to help find information about assignments. JM Robinson has great teacher websites. Unfortunately we aren't always in synch with their curriculum. Classroom teaching seems to be pretty weak, especially for math & social studies in 6th grade team Rain

Amount of homework: Disagree

This school is on a late schedule. My son gets home from school at 5pm. He does homework 4 days per week from 6pm-8pm. It's unreasonable.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school is disrespectful to a 10 year old being bullied by his teacher. The school counselor accused my 10 year old of lying by saying "I don't like kids that lie". My son is not a liar. He is being bullied by one teacher. Many witnesses, and he even received a 60 for a completion grade on a homework assignment this week. The homework was done. My son is an A/B student & has never had behavioral issues other than random silliness. But he is NOT a bad kid. This teacher's bullying is inflicting psychological damage.

Sadly my son's 6th grade math & social studies teacher is a bully. It's difficult to handle a teacher who bullies a child. At first I thought that my son was exaggerating about this teacher. Now, in early November I see that my son was right. He has a great science and ELA teacher and his other teachers are good too. My heart is broken that an adult is terrorizing my child every day. I will give the school one chance to make it right. If they don't act swiftly, I will have to remove my child from the situation.

Last modified Community House Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.