Charlotte, NC
Students enrolled: 1,577

Community House Middle
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 26, 2015
Love this school which has wonderful teachers and administration. My child thrived during her 3 yrs there.

Community House Middle 4

Posted March 27, 2015
I just wanted to say the poor review about a child with anxiety appears to have been posted last year and again this year. So, parents may wish to consider this when looking at the average rating. As a parent with a child who suffers from anxiety as well, all I can suggest is a school counselor is a great resource for pre or post test anxiety or situational anxiety at school but one needs to reach out to public health services to receive private counseling for your child for free or sliding scale rates and they can work in concert with the school counselor. This would be an issue at any school.

Posted March 20, 2015
My kid has disability and was bullied by the school. He could not go to school because of his severe anxieties. The school told us to do this and that and I followed whatever they said because I was so desperate and wanted him to go back to school so he would not miss any school day. Now I have a huge debt for medical bills because I do not have insurance but I went to hospital as told by the school . Just want to let the school know, we are now having difficulties and having been moving from one place to another for more than 6 months for that debt in my credit prevents us to rent any proper apartment. I am single mother with four children and we keep moving around. My son lost four months of school. I hope you satisfy. Probably you even read this with a smile because that what you want? Hate us for what reasons? We were new when we moved to this city. We did not do anything bad that you should hate us? I do not know what . Just to let parents know what kind of people run this school. Thanks for destroying our life. Good job. Think about innocent four children 2 years old to 13 years old...I thought you were educators? Educators who hate children?

Community House Middle 4

Posted January 23, 2015
I have to say that so far we are very pleased with CHM. My child was not challenged at all in his previous school. The moment they stepped foot into this school the teachers expected nothing more than excellence from them. They are preparing the students for college, teaching them responsibility and independence. My child stated that they have learned more, feels respected, and believes that the teachers want them to succeed. In my experience, It has been as easy as an email conversation, with a 24hour response time, to advocate for my child's education. So far a good experience.

Posted November 18, 2014
i do not like this school at all my kid did not learn much teacher are bad

Posted August 24, 2014
I am so glad that my kid does not need to attend this school any more because we are going to relocate ! He learned almost nothing here. He was bored to death in the classes. Very unprofessional principal and staff.

Community House Middle 3

Posted August 22, 2014
I think this school is just Average or OK. I have loved most of my child's teachers so far (all but 1 every year) and think that most of them are dedicated and interested in my child's learning experience. Where I struggle is that my child is exceptionally smart but we moved here late therefore he was not offered classes he should have been. He has proved himself with scoring well above average on the EOG tests in all subjects and has continued straight A's. He is bored in class and I have spoken to the guidance counselor as well as teachers all of who looked at me as if I was crazy. The front office is never welcoming and I find myself apologizing all the time for doing things the wrong way depending on who is helping me. If I could choose middle schools this one would not be at the top of my list however the elementary schools and high school in the area are some of the best so I guess for only 3 years it will do.

Community House Middle 5

Posted June 21, 2014
We moved from the northeast (where the academics are supposed to superior), but CHMS was way ahead of my children's old school. This is an amazing school that is led by talented teachers. We've been extremely happy.

Posted May 29, 2014
Well Said!!!!! This is supposed to be one of the best schools in Charlotte and I am very disappointed.

Community House Middle 5

Posted May 28, 2014
As a new student here I think this school is one of the best I have been to. There is no bullying here like the reviews said. I am in 8th grade and there is also not 1 hour of homework every night, actually there never has been at all during the year. The teachers here are really nice and helpful, some of the reviews aren't even true. It is not like a prison here and you can talk during lunch and class changing. Those times are really the most noisiest except for teen time. Yes, there is teen time here. The reviews about bullying and stuff, most of that I have never even seen here. I have been bullied a lot and have been to schools that are like a prison and the teachers and people are really mean. This place has none of that.

Community House Middle
9500 Community House Road, Charlotte, NC  28277
Last modified Community House Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Community House Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top