Charlotte, NC
Students enrolled: 1,577

Posted November 18, 2014
i do not like this school at all my kid did not learn much teacher are bad

Posted August 24, 2014
I am so glad that my kid does not need to attend this school any more because we are going to relocate ! He learned almost nothing here. He was bored to death in the classes. Very unprofessional principal and staff.
6 people found this helpful

Community House Middle 3

Posted August 22, 2014
I think this school is just Average or OK. I have loved most of my child's teachers so far (all but 1 every year) and think that most of them are dedicated and interested in my child's learning experience. Where I struggle is that my child is exceptionally smart but we moved here late therefore he was not offered classes he should have been. He has proved himself with scoring well above average on the EOG tests in all subjects and has continued straight A's. He is bored in class and I have spoken to the guidance counselor as well as teachers all of who looked at me as if I was crazy. The front office is never welcoming and I find myself apologizing all the time for doing things the wrong way depending on who is helping me. If I could choose middle schools this one would not be at the top of my list however the elementary schools and high school in the area are some of the best so I guess for only 3 years it will do.

Posted June 21, 2014
We moved from the northeast (where the academics are supposed to superior), but CHMS was way ahead of my children's old school. This is an amazing school that is led by talented teachers. We've been extremely happy.

Posted May 29, 2014
Well Said!!!!! This is supposed to be one of the best schools in Charlotte and I am very disappointed.
5 people found this helpful

Posted May 28, 2014
As a new student here I think this school is one of the best I have been to. There is no bullying here like the reviews said. I am in 8th grade and there is also not 1 hour of homework every night, actually there never has been at all during the year. The teachers here are really nice and helpful, some of the reviews aren't even true. It is not like a prison here and you can talk during lunch and class changing. Those times are really the most noisiest except for teen time. Yes, there is teen time here. The reviews about bullying and stuff, most of that I have never even seen here. I have been bullied a lot and have been to schools that are like a prison and the teachers and people are really mean. This place has none of that.

Posted April 03, 2014
My child has a special problem . The school staff were not helpful at all. I feel some discrimination to minors. My son went months without school, they did not let him do assignments at home without any reasons. They laugh my son and his anxieties problems as if they do not exist. The school counselor told me to go to hospital emergency room to get a letter for my son so he can be put on home bound. I did not know that it costs more than 1000 dollars for the emergency fee. The school counselor knew my son does not have insurance. We have to pay out of our pocket. It is only for a home bound medical letter. When I told them about the fee, they just walked away. My friends said it is very cruel to tell us to go to emergency room without informing about the cost. Moreover, it is psychological problem that won't be diagnosed by one visit. I think they have reasons why they don't want to put him at home bound, and the reason is racism.
4 people found this helpful

Posted April 03, 2014
My child was bullied by the teachers and other students. We have just moved here from other state. My son had problems concentrated because other students kept talking and talking in the class and during assignments. He got bad scores at the beginning, and the teachers did whatever they could so he would move out from the school. After I read other reviews, I understood what have happened so far. I agree that the principal only cares about grades, and she wants to eliminate students with bad grades. Actually my son was assessed by a psychologist and he found that he is very intelligent. It is the school which is too noisy that he could not study at all. What a waste of time sending a kid to this kind of school that does not educate children and only focus on test scores.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 15, 2014
OMG, what a bunch of whining parents!! My child did her three yrs. at CHMS and LOVED it, as did I. These are pubescent "darlings" that need a thumb on them...NO RECESS? boo hoo...middle school is HARD people and it only gets tougher in high school. I think most of you still wipe your child's nose and don't expect them to do it themselves. It is no longer elementary school. Middle school and the rigorous academics are getting them ready for HIGH SCHOOL and the WORLD! if it is too tough, home school them because you are going to find all the same issues at any other middle school in Charlotte. The principal runs a tight ship and the AK principal runs an even tighter ship. I say GOOD for both of them!
2 people found this helpful

Community House Middle 4

Posted October 17, 2013
We moved to Charlotte Meck after living in Marvin (Union County) and I must say we have been very pleased with this school, and was quite surprised how it stacked up to our last school. Our daughter is doing very well in Community House and we have had no issues. She goes to tutoring when its needed or the teacher feels its needed, we loved her 7th grade teachers and now she is in 8th grade and her math and science teacher are her favorite. For us as a family we made the right decision to move to Ballantyne as our daughter is getting an excellent education.

Community House Middle
9500 Community House Road, Charlotte, NC  28277
Last modified Community House Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Community House Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top