K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Our child absolutely LOVES belonging to this school. We have had nothing but a wonderful experience so far at this school! We have been at this school for 2 years now and our child is learning multiple languages and learning about the world as a whole not even from books or the internet but from the classmates that my child is in class with. They come from many walks of life. The class sizes are small which we love and the staff is wonderful. We love it here.

I have a middle school child at this school and cannot imagine a better fit. This school pushes my child to be the absolute best they can be intellectually, emotionally and personally. The tailoring of the learning to fit the individual is beyond amazing. The teachers are magical in their ability to deliver learning in different ways to meet the many learning styles. I am most excited about the addition of the IB program in that my child will have the opportunity to finish their learning there. I believe the IB degree will best enable my child to continue to be a life long confident learner.

Critical thinking skills, leadership, social impact, global perspective. Are these aspirations you have for your child? Then BISC is the school you've been seeking. Our son has attended for the past three years and has amazed us, and his teachers, with the progress he's made not just as a student but as a young man developing his own goals and his potential.

Develops character: Strongly agree

teachers are great!! headmaster really cares about the students and their development...children love the system

dear fellow parents - i'll be brief since i know how busy yawl are...british international school is a great private school for parents who want to explore a better option for their little ones but at the same time don't have a boatload of money to "donate" to the school for a new gym or cafeteria or a new desk in the principal's office! great teachers, terrific headmaster....but most importantly down-to-earth co-parents...look forward to a great new year...

After working hands on in the BASC there is no way I would ever send my child to this facility, as the staff wanders around mindlessly unable to conquer remedial day to day tasks. These people at the school teachers & staff that is are as about as sharp as a bowling ball! I have seen the bullying first hand it it looks to be a huge problem as the staff are completely oblivious. They jus want your money! Good luck if you send your child to this facility!

This is not a place you would ever want to send your child. The bullying problem is severe. Children are afraid to speak up about it for fear of reprisal. It was very difficult for my child to admit to experiencing severe bullying and harassment of a gender-related nature at this school. The teachers know about it but do nothing to address it. This school is all about making money. When approaching the administration, be ready to be ignored and even lied to.

FANTASTIC SCHOOL! First of all, I am writing this of my own free will, not because anyone has asked me to. I am a longstanding parent at the school and each one of my kids is extremely happy and either academically on par or ahead of where they should be. I have several family members within the NC school system in various roles, so I am well versed on both public and private curriculums in the area. It is important to know this is not a traditional school, and as such kids are not bogged down at an early age with homework and tests. That comes at a later age as kids move through the system and mature. Teachers here are top notch and DO NOT bully children. I thought my kids could comment on this best and their response was-absolutely not, never! International mindedness is of the utmost importance and is interwoven in almost every subject taught. Most kids here have a rather sophisticated knowledge of the global world in which we live. Unlike most other schools, they do not skim the surface on anything, they dig deep and dissect. Form your own opinion, but know for many of us, this is an amazing school which teaches kids to make the world a better place in which to live.

BEWARE!!!!! I agree with the recent reviewer who mentioned that parents are asked to flood this site with positive reviews after there is a negative review. Our son attended this school for quite a long time. In talking with other parents who had already pulled their children out of this school, we found that children who had attended this school for a long time were academically far behind kids who were in other private schools and even public schools (many of which are quite good here.) Their kids are playing catch-up. The other very serious issue is the number of kids who struggle emotionally after having attended this school for a while. I have never seen anything like it. They portray an image of being friendly and kind - a "safe" environment. It is exactly opposite. The culture of bullying (even by teachers!) is almost pervasive. Talking to the administration about it is like talking to the air. I personally heard teachers screaming at kids (when they didn't know I was there). It took us a while to realize that this school is mirage - an acting job by the administration.

Today my son returned to BASC after having started his high school experience. He could not wait to go back to share in his accomplishments no different than he was able to share his learning with his peers and mentors while at BASC in an atmosphere of individualized learning and partnership. I was asked what helped prepare him for his transition, and I replied the instilling of emotional well-being and confidence that he can meet any challenge with the tools he not only received but integrated during his 4 years, his middle school years, at BASC which were truly a gift.

Last modified British International School is a Private school that serves grades K-12