Posted November 15, 2014
Excellent school though over crowded. Principal that is concerned about all students not just the one's who have parents that volunteer all the time and give money. Great activities at the school, lots of extra curricular activities. New principal last year and some parents who were used to running things at the school are bothered. I'm more concerned about the education my child is getting than the feeling of parents who think their opinions outweight those of educators.

Highland Creek Elementary 2

Posted September 09, 2014
This school used to be a great school, but it just isn't that way anymore. Teachers are unhappy; parents are unhappy; I guess students like it okay, but it's just not what I signed on for. My 5th grader will be moving on next year and let me just say, it can't happen soon enough. It's no surprise so many teachers left last year and mass exit of students to charters also.

Posted March 30, 2014
Great staff and the PTA is very active at the school. So far the new principal has showed tremendous leadership.

Posted August 19, 2013
This school is a really great place to be. We walk to school and the teachers are fantastic. It's big (too big in my opinion), but it's a public school and it seems no one can be turned away. I am sending my third child to kindergarten this year and am confident he'll be prepared for future learning.

Posted May 29, 2012
We moved here a year and a half ago from Las Vegas, NV and I was very nervous about moving my (then) third grader to a new school. However, I consider myself blessed to have found this amazing community school! From the Principal and his staff, to the teachers and the parents, this school is top notch! I would not hesitate one bit to recommend this school to a newcomer!

Posted December 16, 2010
We love this school! As big as it is, both of my children are well cared for and challenged academically.

Posted October 01, 2010
Wonderful caring teachers and students who truly enjoy school!

Posted May 16, 2010
Highland Creek is top notch. Every child is treated fairly and equitably. Discipline is handled in a calm but firm manner and volunteerism in the class room, clearly demonstrates the partnership between school and home, teacher and parent. I came form another school and the atmosphere between the two schools is almost night and day. It's a fun place for learning.

Posted May 15, 2010
Teachers and parents get along well communicating and as well has been tremendous impact and change for my kids education.i sure think it is the best school in the region.

Posted May 13, 2010
We have the greatest staff!! The principal is great and you can feel and see the dedication to the students!!

Highland Creek Elementary
7242 Highland Creek Parkway, Charlotte, NC  28269
Last modified Highland Creek Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Creek Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 87 reviews. Top