Bad
Good

All staff members that we and our child encountered exudes a positive attitude. This is a caring environment. The principal is engaged in all facets of the school. Our kindergartener grew academically every quarter and we couldn't be pleased more. We would like to especially thank Tiffany Clarke for being such an awesome teacher!

Develops character: Strongly agree

I volunteer at this school on a regular basis and get to see the teachers and administration interact with the students. I can say with 100% certainty that this school strives to develop honesty, integrity and fairness in all of its students.

My child is in 1st grade. Despite its score, I am not really impressed with the school, although the ASEP staff is fantastic, and dedicated to the kids. Communication is not the school's forte; in several instances, it has been difficult to get feedback from the teacher, from the PTA, and from the Principal as well. The last winter/Christmas party consisted of feeding the kids ice cream, and playing some inappropriate music (i.e. Chris Brown among others); that was to say the least disturbing, lazy, and showed a lack of accountability by the school's administration. Finally, as a public school, the relief of HCE should not consist of favoring the Highland Creek HOA, as shown by the future demographics.

Excellent school though over crowded. Principal that is concerned about all students not just the one's who have parents that volunteer all the time and give money. Great activities at the school, lots of extra curricular activities. New principal last year and some parents who were used to running things at the school are bothered. I'm more concerned about the education my child is getting than the feeling of parents who think their opinions outweight those of educators.

This school used to be a great school, but it just isn't that way anymore. Teachers are unhappy; parents are unhappy; I guess students like it okay, but it's just not what I signed on for. My 5th grader will be moving on next year and let me just say, it can't happen soon enough. It's no surprise so many teachers left last year and mass exit of students to charters also.

Great staff and the PTA is very active at the school. So far the new principal has showed tremendous leadership.

This school is a really great place to be. We walk to school and the teachers are fantastic. It's big (too big in my opinion), but it's a public school and it seems no one can be turned away. I am sending my third child to kindergarten this year and am confident he'll be prepared for future learning.

We moved here a year and a half ago from Las Vegas, NV and I was very nervous about moving my (then) third grader to a new school. However, I consider myself blessed to have found this amazing community school! From the Principal and his staff, to the teachers and the parents, this school is top notch! I would not hesitate one bit to recommend this school to a newcomer!

We love this school! As big as it is, both of my children are well cared for and challenged academically.

Wonderful caring teachers and students who truly enjoy school!

Last modified Highland Creek Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.