Winget Park Elementary 2

Posted August 18, 2014
My daughter moved here and attended 1st grade at Winget Park. It seemed like there was always drama in the classroom with the kids. Her teacher did not keep the class very clean at all and my daughter would come home telling me about kids vomiting in the class on a weekly basis. The lack of communication between teacher and parent was disturbing. She also complained of constant over all yelling in her classroom by the teacher. Just not a very professional setting. We moved to this part of Charlotte because of Greater schools rating being an 8. I think it should be realistically much lower at this school. Hoping the new relief school helps with some of these issues because I am not impressed!

Posted November 07, 2013
My son has attended Winget Park for the last 3 years. We have been very pleased with the level of education and support he has gotten at school. He is offered more challenging work each year to teach to his level. The administration has always been very quick to address any concerns or issues we have had along the way. They also take great effort to reward children for good behavior and make a fun environment so the kids live school. Winget Park has been great for us!

Posted November 07, 2013
We love Winget Park! The teachers are fantastic, everyday I ask the kids coming off the bus, how was school? AWESOME!

Posted November 06, 2013
This is my fourth year as a Winget Park parent. When I think of Winget Park I think of dedicated educators that care about delivering a first rate educational experience for every child. I think of an outstanding art and music department, amazing technology, well stocked library, and a beautiful natural environment. I think of parents from every socio economic background, race, and religious background showing up and supporting school events and volunteering in classrooms and the media center. I see a lot of the behind the scenes volunteering of parents donating classroom supplies and taking home materials to make to help teachers. I see leadership setting a fair, consistent, and positive tone. I see children developing interpersonal skills, growing into their independence, and learning to be good citizens. I love being a part of the Winget Park Family!

Winget Park Elementary 4

Posted November 06, 2013
I have had one son graduate from Winget park and one still attending. I feel that my boys have and are getting a wonderful education. The teacher have always made themselves available to listen to any concerns and have offered valuable suggestions.

Posted September 22, 2013
My children currently attend Winget Park and we have been extremely pleased with the information we have received during Curriculum Night regarding the Common Core. The leadership and administration at Winget Park is very supportive and student-centered. It is very disheartening to see a few parents try to 'trash' a school because of individual situations that should be handled face-to-face, and instead they air concerns through a website that does nothing to get problems resolved. I invite any parents with concerns to contact the administration instead of 'airing their dirty laundry' through a website. Our family has experienced bullying situations and problems on the bus. Those issues were resolved by talking to administration - not by posting them on this website.

Winget Park Elementary 1

Posted August 19, 2013
My special need so went to this school for 4 years and was never given a realistic goals and they will can social services on you for anything and everything. Everything I did was not good enough and I even volunteered and they treated me as if i was a criminal and when my son was in 2nd and 3rd grades he ran away from the school didn't call me or the police I would never recomend this school .

Posted October 24, 2011
This is my son's 1st year at school. He never had Pre-K and has ADHD. When he started it was very difficult for him. The teachers and staff have really helped him alone the way with patience and guidance. Now he is doing wonderful. I couldn't have asked for a better school and staff.

Posted September 21, 2011
Both my sons currently attend Winget Park and one has been there since it opened. He was the first kindergarten class and now is a fifth grader. We have been very impressed with teachers, staff and we currently have one of the best principals a school can have. The level of dedication all of them have towards the school and kids is incredible. I would recommend this school for anyone moving into South Charlotte.

Posted August 31, 2011
Winget Park exceeded all of my expectations. I transfered both of children from Steele Creek two years ago. My son has struggled with a reading disability since first grade and Steele Creek labeled and pushed my son to the side. Since enrollment at Winget, my son gained confidence and a love for learning. When he left Steele Creek, he tested TWO years behind in his Reading scores. In just two years at Winget, he is now at grade level. He loves school and his teachers, no more struggles over homework! The principal is one of the best I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I would recommend any parent to consider Winget Park for their children's education. True teamwork and great communication. They want your child(ren) to love learning and to succeed. Go Winget Wolves!!

Winget Park Elementary
12235 Winget Road, Charlotte, NC  28278
Last modified Winget Park Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winget Park Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.