Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My child has learned a huge amount of material in her time at Winget Park Elementary in all academic areas. She has also gained a sense of being a team player and confidence in her abilities. The teachers at this school are responsible for all of this and more. They have so many students at so many different levels and from so many different backgrounds. I'm amazed at how they accomplish so much for all of their students.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework provided is enough to keep my child's skills sharp but not too much to overload her. It's a good balance for our busy family.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Teachers instruct students about why it is important to tell the truth and how to respect other students, even when they have a difference of opinion. I appreciate that they do not overlook dishonesty and they do give consequences for dishonesty to all students, especially at an early age. I like that honesty is as important in the classroom as their academic work.

Jason Bissinger is a strong and caring leader. The teachers and staff hold high standards for the students and are loving and encouraging. I'm very pleased with the education our kids receive there. We are excited for our third year at Winget Park Elementary!

I would not recommend sending a special needs student here, the administration will try to transfer them out if they cant do the yearly tests, and the non-administration staff is not well versed on laws regarding special needs students. This school is mostly concerned with their rating in the district, most likely because of the very wealthy parents that send their students their.

My daughter moved here and attended 1st grade at Winget Park. It seemed like there was always drama in the classroom with the kids. Her teacher did not keep the class very clean at all and my daughter would come home telling me about kids vomiting in the class on a weekly basis. The lack of communication between teacher and parent was disturbing. She also complained of constant over all yelling in her classroom by the teacher. Just not a very professional setting. We moved to this part of Charlotte because of Greater schools rating being an 8. I think it should be realistically much lower at this school. Hoping the new relief school helps with some of these issues because I am not impressed!

My son has attended Winget Park for the last 3 years. We have been very pleased with the level of education and support he has gotten at school. He is offered more challenging work each year to teach to his level. The administration has always been very quick to address any concerns or issues we have had along the way. They also take great effort to reward children for good behavior and make a fun environment so the kids live school. Winget Park has been great for us!

We love Winget Park! The teachers are fantastic, everyday I ask the kids coming off the bus, how was school? AWESOME!

This is my fourth year as a Winget Park parent. When I think of Winget Park I think of dedicated educators that care about delivering a first rate educational experience for every child. I think of an outstanding art and music department, amazing technology, well stocked library, and a beautiful natural environment. I think of parents from every socio economic background, race, and religious background showing up and supporting school events and volunteering in classrooms and the media center. I see a lot of the behind the scenes volunteering of parents donating classroom supplies and taking home materials to make to help teachers. I see leadership setting a fair, consistent, and positive tone. I see children developing interpersonal skills, growing into their independence, and learning to be good citizens. I love being a part of the Winget Park Family!

I have had one son graduate from Winget park and one still attending. I feel that my boys have and are getting a wonderful education. The teacher have always made themselves available to listen to any concerns and have offered valuable suggestions.

Last modified Winget Park Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.