Charlotte, NC
Students enrolled: 1,077

Posted November 09, 2014
Hi I am one of the parent ..we faced bad situation...we are victims.Even though we did not get any support from principle . I hate the principle and assistance principle...instead of teaching good things to students they try to teach lies to students...not to get bad name to the school...I strogly support...don't send kids to this school...no safety at all..
5 people found this helpful

Posted October 20, 2014
It's all about parent involvement, and dicipline. It's a good school, and teaches kids to be organized from the beginning, yes they have plenty of homework, but if parents are involved, and kids organized they will have time to do extra curricular activities. " There is no elevator to success......they need to work hard, and take the stairs....."

Posted October 08, 2014
I don't recommend this school . Almost 10 months back I have sent an email to the principal for an appointment but no response yet. Also went to the school and requested an appointment to discuss about my child ... But no response ... I hate their worst attitude...
4 people found this helpful

Posted July 04, 2014
Both my daughters started at Elon Park when it first opened and are now rising 7th and 6th graders. Elon Park has been an amazing foundation and I am thankful my rising 1rst grade son will get an amazing experience as well! Love Elon Park and couldn't have asked for a better elementary school for my children.

Posted March 02, 2014
My first child was at Elon Park since the year it opened. We have had some of the best teachers who still reach out to our family years after we were in their class. The teachers do care. The administration has changed since the school opened but we have embraced the changes. Elon Park is a very big school and I feel the administration does a wonderful job in making it not seem crowded. As to the "new" Literacy programs and tests mentioned below, that is a CMS. change. Changes like that come down from state standards. Elon Park is not making these changes on a school level. Anyone who actually has a child in school, any school for that matter, would realize and understand this.

Posted February 24, 2014
Elon Park is a very nice school by appearance only. All they care about are end of year test results for teacher raises etc They dont care about the children other than their test scores. Its like a military school and my daughter has zero fun in school anymore. Its so sad, they arent allowed to talk at lunch and her recess is at the end of the day (which her militant teacher is always late and the kids only get 10 mins). The homework is 2 hrs each night and she hasnt been able to do any extra activities after school this year. They dont allow the children to be children at all. Its sad to see the enthusiasm and joy stripped from my child. we are looking to move her next year. I have no kind words for the administration either
3 people found this helpful

Elon Park Elementary 2

Posted January 30, 2014
I pulled my child out of CMS magnet school due to lack of teacher concern and racial bias to turn to a school where it is more of the same. Unfortunately CMS as a whole has an issue with not teaching/ counselling educating teachers on racial bias and how it affects all children. And Ballantyne area schools are not getting a good reputation from other people of color. The teachers are hit or miss and that I get from parents of many ethnic groups. My son loved school and by 1st grade he began to hate it. And he loves learning.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 26, 2013
Elon Park Elementary is an incredible school. The faculty and staff really care and do a wonderful job keeping the parents informed.

Posted April 23, 2013
We love Elon Park. The Teachers have been so wonderful and my daughter loves going to school.

Posted December 21, 2012
This school may have good test scores, but it also has unhappy teachers. I know some of them personally and some admit they hate going to work. The leadership is very weak, some teachers are treated better than others, and cliques are everywhere. If this is the sort of environment our children are seeing, who knows what may rub off on them.
3 people found this helpful

Elon Park Elementary
11425 Ardrey Kell Road, Charlotte, NC  28277
Last modified Elon Park Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elon Park Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top