Posted July 04, 2014
Both my daughters started at Elon Park when it first opened and are now rising 7th and 6th graders. Elon Park has been an amazing foundation and I am thankful my rising 1rst grade son will get an amazing experience as well! Love Elon Park and couldn't have asked for a better elementary school for my children.

Posted March 02, 2014
My first child was at Elon Park since the year it opened. We have had some of the best teachers who still reach out to our family years after we were in their class. The teachers do care. The administration has changed since the school opened but we have embraced the changes. Elon Park is a very big school and I feel the administration does a wonderful job in making it not seem crowded. As to the "new" Literacy programs and tests mentioned below, that is a CMS. change. Changes like that come down from state standards. Elon Park is not making these changes on a school level. Anyone who actually has a child in school, any school for that matter, would realize and understand this.

Posted February 24, 2014
Elon Park is a very nice school by appearance only. All they care about are end of year test results for teacher raises etc They dont care about the children other than their test scores. Its like a military school and my daughter has zero fun in school anymore. Its so sad, they arent allowed to talk at lunch and her recess is at the end of the day (which her militant teacher is always late and the kids only get 10 mins). The homework is 2 hrs each night and she hasnt been able to do any extra activities after school this year. They dont allow the children to be children at all. Its sad to see the enthusiasm and joy stripped from my child. we are looking to move her next year. I have no kind words for the administration either

Elon Park Elementary 2

Posted January 30, 2014
I pulled my child out of CMS magnet school due to lack of teacher concern and racial bias to turn to a school where it is more of the same. Unfortunately CMS as a whole has an issue with not teaching/ counselling educating teachers on racial bias and how it affects all children. And Ballantyne area schools are not getting a good reputation from other people of color. The teachers are hit or miss and that I get from parents of many ethnic groups. My son loved school and by 1st grade he began to hate it. And he loves learning.

Posted September 26, 2013
Elon Park Elementary is an incredible school. The faculty and staff really care and do a wonderful job keeping the parents informed.

Posted April 23, 2013
We love Elon Park. The Teachers have been so wonderful and my daughter loves going to school.

Posted December 21, 2012
This school may have good test scores, but it also has unhappy teachers. I know some of them personally and some admit they hate going to work. The leadership is very weak, some teachers are treated better than others, and cliques are everywhere. If this is the sort of environment our children are seeing, who knows what may rub off on them.

Posted March 25, 2012
I totally agree with previous reviewer on bullying. My son is in 5th grade and absolutely no help from teacher. One of the 5th grade teacher makes most of her decisions based on your race, skin color. We regret coming to this school.

Posted February 17, 2012
This school shows the utmost insensitivity. In this cliquish environment, mothers who wish to volunteer are turned away if siblings are with them. Teachers are unaware or choose to ignore bullying (student scapegoating one child in the class - calling names and threatening if s/he tells). No response from "counselor" or principal when approached about this. New students have no where to turn for help with a transition (so crucial at this age). Teachers are insensitive and uncaring - giving "awards", then not taking the time explain how students can be successful. This school may turn a child who formerly loved school and spends her/his time writing books, and learning about history and current events, into someone who loathes school. When a child cries daily after school, something is wrong. The job of the teacher is to help students feel capable so that they in turn will be successful. Clearly not happening at Elon Park. Attempts to go to upper administration are futile. No permanent superintendent is in place to handle concerns or to supervise this principal, who clearly has no interest in the welfare of students. Next stop: school board. Doubtful they'll care.

Posted October 16, 2011
Overall this is a great school. Academically the level is very high and very strict regarding behavior. The school is a part of CMS and therefore some students may get lost in the beaurocratic large school district. As many schools in NC there are several rules regardless if they work for the kids or not school districts enforce them. Parents have to fight for for the services for their kids and continuously challenge school administration. Coming from Merrick NY I was very surprised at educational standards being so much higher but saw difference from more nurturing and kid friendly district in long Island NY.

Elon Park Elementary
11425 Ardrey Kell Road, Charlotte, NC  28277
Last modified Elon Park Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elon Park Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.