Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I absolutely LOVE Elon Park and so does my child. We moved in the district last year and I'm so glad we did the. The teachers seem extremely friendly and care about the children's learning as opposed to test scores!

School is getting better since vice principal from last year left. New vice principal this year is much better. She seems really upbeat, and treats the parents respectfully. The Principal is better this year with engaging parents. In the past we found him quick to want to defend staff, and not give parents and children the benefit of the doubt. Teachers still need some coaching, and need to work on their professionalism, and their interaction with a parent. Seems to my wife and I that the older more seasoned teachers are the problem. No enthusiasm, and "some" very unprofessional. The younger teachers are fantastic. They're very excited about teaching, and we love to see that in our teachers. The classroom assistants are a waste of money. Some of them think they're an extension of the teacher, and try and discipline students. We should do away with the classroom assistants, and get the teachers from behind the desk playing on their Ipads, and cellphones. Devices should have never been introduced, and our kids pay for it. Time to teach. We are spending 2-3hrs every evening having to do the actual teaching so that our children keep up. Ridiculous.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework is consistent but not "busy work". Fundamentals like math and reading are stressed daily. I was pleased with the science and social studies projects as they can be time consuming for teachers, but the hands on learning was so beneficial to my children.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers have classroom incentives for behavior and conduct, school wide character tea acknowledges select students for their good character monthly, and even fun "caught you doing good" teacher awards are opportunities the school creates for students to strive for the best.

I have been very pleased with the principal, vp, administrative staff and counsellor as well as excellent, caring teachers. The school is large but they work hard to make it feel familiar and break it into smaller groups. I love the VP outside greeting the parents at carpool almost daily! Our old school admin would have never done that. I have a child that struggles and has been set for success partnering with both the teachers and counselor. There is a very strong PTO and great academic offerings. Talent and Development are wonderful and offer great enrichment for the academically gifted but are overstretched IMO. Sadly, I imagine this is true throughout CMS. The success of this school for my family has been the caring teachers and the staff response to my childrens' needs.

it is a great school with a principal that is strict, by the numbers and pretty matter of fact. i think that rubs some parents the wrong way, but the school's performance speaks for itself. The school has a very supportive front office and has a lot of great clubs (math, golf, computers, engineering, chess, disk golf, running, chorus, etc.) One of my son's has struggled and has gotten so much support. Love the school and believe it is preparing my 2 boys for middle school.

Hi I am one of the parent ..we faced bad situation...we are victims.Even though we did not get any support from principle . I hate the principle and assistance principle...instead of teaching good things to students they try to teach lies to students...not to get bad name to the school...I strogly support...don't send kids to this school...no safety at all..

It's all about parent involvement, and dicipline. It's a good school, and teaches kids to be organized from the beginning, yes they have plenty of homework, but if parents are involved, and kids organized they will have time to do extra curricular activities. " There is no elevator to success......they need to work hard, and take the stairs....."

I don't recommend this school . Almost 10 months back I have sent an email to the principal for an appointment but no response yet. Also went to the school and requested an appointment to discuss about my child ... But no response ... I hate their worst attitude...

Both my daughters started at Elon Park when it first opened and are now rising 7th and 6th graders. Elon Park has been an amazing foundation and I am thankful my rising 1rst grade son will get an amazing experience as well! Love Elon Park and couldn't have asked for a better elementary school for my children.

Last modified Elon Park Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.