Bad
Good

Mallard Creek HS provides your child with the level of rigor that they need to grow from where they are at academically to where they need to be, and well beyond. My children have been identified for years as being gifted and have always sought to take the toughest classes available. We thought about Lake Norman Charter for a split second but due to the small size of the school I wasn t sure that they were going to be able to provide my children with the high level courses that parents are only able to get at their local school. The number of students that attend (MCHS) provide the administration with the student population to carve out the higher level AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science, AP Geometry, etc that parents and students want. If you were to send your child to a smaller charter school these classes would not be available to them. Many parents think that they are doing their child a favor by sending them to a private school or charter school when in fact they may be removing access to the level of rigor that they need to be competitive at the University level. Signed Parent of 2 currently @ UNC Chapel Hill, 1 @ Mallard Creek HS and 1 @ Piedmont MS.

Mallard Creek is wonderful! My child is a freshman. The school has made sure they are welcoming. Teachers and freshman counselor is there to help guide both parents & student. Mr Crawford vice principal gets back the same day you called. Student support among the each other is impressive....Eileen Wolfe

My experience as the parent of a student at this school has been nothing but positive. The teachers have kept me informed on a regular basis, the guidance office has been helpful in supporting our needs for college admissions and the administation was quick to solve a problem we had to deal with on campus. I wish my daughter had been able to go hear all 4 years - big mistake on my part.

I love this school! The school has many challenging courses, the sports (mostly football) are great, the theatre department is very creative and has a lot of potential, there are many fun and interesting clubs, there aren't many cliques and the students are very nice and welcoming. This is my first year at Mallard Creek, and I am very pleased with the school.

I have had nothing but great experiences with the teachers and staff at this school. My child is involved heavily in many of the extra curriculars and is honestly teaching me things I never knew. The student body is very diverse and friendly and I never hear about any crime or problems at the school.

My child is very happy a the school, and I'm pleased with the progress she has made there too. She has opportunities to take so many AP cousres, even as a sophomore she has taken three just in this year. She is a rising junior taking 5 AP courses next year. Student involvement in clubs and academics is great too.

When it comes to schools in North Charlotte, Mallard Creek is the best you're going to get. Effective administration and teaching staff make for a decent learning environment. Culturally, this school hasn't found its place yet, but I'd give that time. For just completing its third year, it's doing well. As is true with most CMS schools, you should forget about pursuing challenging, enriching coursework; you won't find it here. Don't like the sound of this? Try Cabarrus County or South Charlotte schools.

Academics are pointless here, I easily pass all of my honors classes without ever having to participate or do work. This school really needs to step up it's game if it wants to improve it's reputation. I feel relatively safe here, but like any other high school, accidents are bound to happen. The performing arts here are pretty good, but the theatre department has been going downhill due to a recent staffing change. I'm quite happy that I'll be transferring out next year. But on the positive note, most students are really friendly and there are very few cliques here. You won't have a hard time making friends.

Mallard creek high is the best school in the entire country! Our teachers always make sure we are doing our best and if we arnt they push us to make sure we do our best. I have only been at mallard creek for one year but i would never want to go to a different one. MALLARD CREEK ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!

I love the energy and the commitment of the Science Department to engage and challenge the students. Woo Hoo! Go for it, Mr. and Mrs. Rines! You are making a difference in young lives every day!

Last modified Mallard Creek High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.