Posted June 26, 2014
My son is a current student and just completed his first year here after moving from the northeast. The administration made the transition easy for us as parents, and we couldn't have asked for a better teacher to help with our son's transition. He has multiple severe food allergies, and she was instrumental in helping to keep him safe. The cafeteria has a nut free table, so I know my son will not be near those with peanut products. We love Polo Ridge - principal and vice principal are excellent and really care about each student and their families.

Polo Ridge Elementary 4

Posted May 26, 2014
I am just moving from Europe and would like someone to provide a good review if the school setup is excellent post new principal took over see bit negative reviews before.... appreciate your response

Posted April 02, 2014
My two kids attend Polo Ridge for 4 years now, especially with the new principle I think we are so lucky to have such a loving atmosphere, So far all the teachers my kids had were excellent, giving the love for the learning and showing love to each student , also able to retain the discipline in the classroom. Polo Ridge also has internationally diverse student body and they learn each others' cultures.. Also STEM is valued highly , there is a wonderful science facilitator whom the kids love and there is a science olympiad team. The front office is amazing, nearly knowing all students by name and helping them , I am grateful for everything they are doing for our kids.

Polo Ridge Elementary 3

Posted January 16, 2014
The school is not terrible, but it is hampered like all CMS schools, in that it is goal oriented to score high on EOG's. Common Core Curriculum is setting up our kids to fail. It's measurement metrics do not test these kids fairly. I don't like it and I hope it goes away. What was so wrong with the old way of instruction??

Posted March 28, 2013
The new principal hired in July 2012 has changed the atmosphere tremendously! She has changed the morale for both teachers and parents. She continues to make students her first priority and encourages family involvement inside the school. Polo Ridge is an excellent public school. Do not let the size of the school scare you....teachers and staff do a great job..It does not feel like a large school. Now, the only complaint...every school has one or two teachers that do not "cut it"...Polo Ridge has a couple and they need to be replaced.

Posted November 14, 2012
We are grateful for the new leadership and teachers at polo ridge. The school is doing what is best for the child, promoting learning, and meeting the needs of each student. Families and volunteers are welcome and encouraged on campus. Test scores say they are learning, but smiles on the kids faces say they like the way they are learning. Thanks to the Principal and Teachers, and staff. keep it up!

Posted October 21, 2012
WE MOVED TO CHARLOTTE FROM EUROPE THIS PAST YEAR. BOTH OUR CHILDREN ARE IN POLO RIDGE. WE HAVE BEEN SO HAPPY WITH THE SCHOOL SO FAR THIS YEAR AND THE NEW PRINCIPLE HAS REALLY MET ALL THE IDEAS AND NEEDS OF THE PARENTS AND CHILDREN. THE SCHOOL SEEMS SO FRIENDLY AND FOCUSED ON EDUCATION MY 10 YR OLD IS THRIVING AND MY 7 YEAR OLD WANTS MORE MATHS TO CHALLENGE HIM!! SUCH AND IMPROVEMENT ON THE EUROPEAN SYSTEM. THANK YOU POLO RIDGE

Polo Ridge Elementary 1

Posted August 22, 2012
Had to spend a year in Charlotte, and I sent my child to kindergarten at this school. Trouble started from day one, they assigned each class a different first day of school for some reason, and told us the wrong day. When I called to complain the office hung up on me. Then the teacher would constantly send notes home complaining about our child, and ignore my attempts at communication. It was quite an ordeal, and it was amazing when we went back to Florida we got a wonderful experience at our local school. My advice find a different school if at all possible if you are in the ballantyne area.

Polo Ridge Elementary 3

Posted April 17, 2012
This school would be much better off with a new administration, beginning with the Principal. Anyone who has come in contact with her, would understand! CMS and the Southwest Zone really need to open their eyes and make changes.

Polo Ridge Elementary 2

Posted January 25, 2012
I have seen many poor decisions made by Polo Ridge administrators (remember last years fiasco to combine 50 first graders into one class!), but the real proof was a recent meeting we had with several teachers at the school about our child's struggles with a particular subject. After trying to work with our childs teacher over the course of the year, investment in tutoring and private sessions with her teacher, we finally demanded a meeting with the school. What shocked us was how ill prepared and confused all 5 of the teachers and administrators seemed to be. There was little to no planning on their behalf to address the problems and worse yet, they sounded utterly confused and lost on how to address and work through the problem. We are now working to remove our child from this school, as we have lost all confidence they know how to educate any student beyond the ones that could learn just as much on their own. A school that lacks leadership will never recruit quality teachers (Riska can now only hire teachers with 2 years experience on average)

Polo Ridge Elementary
11830 Tom Short Road, Charlotte, NC  28277
Last modified Polo Ridge Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Polo Ridge Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews.