Charlotte, NC
Students enrolled: 1,041
Before care: Yes

Polo Ridge Elementary 4

Posted December 14, 2014
The problems with this school as with all schools in Ballantyne are not within the schools' control. It is overcrowded...largely in part to its excellent reputation. CMS needs to hear from the voters in this area that we are not going to take it anymore. Let your voice be heard at the state level as that is where the $ for new schools comes from. We need more schools in this area! The principal leads this excellent staff of teachers with compassion and understanding. Thanking them at the end of a long day is her way of showing her appreciation for all they do. It has nothing to do with test scores. It is impossible to keep both staff and parents happy at the same time and she does her best to do both. In a perfect world, teachers, administration and parents should be a team that work together to ensure the best for all children. Afterall, they are the reason we are all here together.

Polo Ridge Elementary 1

Posted November 20, 2014
This school continues to grow year to year. Currently 1050 are enrolled. The principal needs to get her ego in check. She is over her head at this large of a school...Parents have quickly wised up to her lack of leadership, troubleshooting and communication skills. What could be a great school simply is not. Go check out Providence Spring if you want a stellar school with a principal that knows how to lead and bring ALL her students to their potential. Sadly the Polo Ridge principal is not that. See earlier post of the constant "Thank yous".....completely disingenuous!
3 people found this helpful

Posted November 20, 2014
Love Polo Ridge. My children are receiving a great education. The principal is doing an extra ordinary job!

Posted November 20, 2014
Polo Ridge is an amazing school. The school culture is very positive. The PTA and the principal work collaboratively to create the best learning environment for ALL students. Students thrive in that environment.
2 people found this helpful

Polo Ridge Elementary 2

Posted October 09, 2014
My child is now in his 4th year at Polo Ridge and I am sad to say it has continued to decline year after year. We moved to this area because of Polo Ridge when it was highly rated and now we are seriously considering on moving out. Do not take my word, just look at the rankings and you'll see for yourself. I believe the Principal is over her head and instead of trying to engage her teachers for positive results she has resorted to obsessively "Thanking" them over and over again. Broadcasting this over the intercom at the end of the day so that the whole neighborhood can hear her praises are not going to improve test scores.
3 people found this helpful

Posted June 26, 2014
My son is a current student and just completed his first year here after moving from the northeast. The administration made the transition easy for us as parents, and we couldn't have asked for a better teacher to help with our son's transition. He has multiple severe food allergies, and she was instrumental in helping to keep him safe. The cafeteria has a nut free table, so I know my son will not be near those with peanut products. We love Polo Ridge - principal and vice principal are excellent and really care about each student and their families.

Polo Ridge Elementary 4

Posted May 26, 2014
I am just moving from Europe and would like someone to provide a good review if the school setup is excellent post new principal took over see bit negative reviews before.... appreciate your response

Posted April 02, 2014
My two kids attend Polo Ridge for 4 years now, especially with the new principle I think we are so lucky to have such a loving atmosphere, So far all the teachers my kids had were excellent, giving the love for the learning and showing love to each student , also able to retain the discipline in the classroom. Polo Ridge also has internationally diverse student body and they learn each others' cultures.. Also STEM is valued highly , there is a wonderful science facilitator whom the kids love and there is a science olympiad team. The front office is amazing, nearly knowing all students by name and helping them , I am grateful for everything they are doing for our kids.

Polo Ridge Elementary 3

Posted January 16, 2014
The school is not terrible, but it is hampered like all CMS schools, in that it is goal oriented to score high on EOG's. Common Core Curriculum is setting up our kids to fail. It's measurement metrics do not test these kids fairly. I don't like it and I hope it goes away. What was so wrong with the old way of instruction??

Posted November 14, 2012
We are grateful for the new leadership and teachers at polo ridge. The school is doing what is best for the child, promoting learning, and meeting the needs of each student. Families and volunteers are welcome and encouraged on campus. Test scores say they are learning, but smiles on the kids faces say they like the way they are learning. Thanks to the Principal and Teachers, and staff. keep it up!

Polo Ridge Elementary
11830 Tom Short Road, Charlotte, NC  28277
Last modified Polo Ridge Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Polo Ridge Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top