Bad
Good

Wonderful school with excellent teachers and administration. Very loving atmosphere throughout the school. Competitive in arts and scienc and, there are many clubs that students can enjoy.

Polo Ridge is an excellent school. I have a son in the 3rd grade and he loves it. The Principal is always accessible and the teachers and staff are very helpful. All the teachers that my son has had have been excellent. Running this size school is no joke,. Its like running 2 elementary schools but the Principal motivates the teachers. She is always in the car pool line in the mornings. Once when my son;s bus broke down on the way home, the principal herself came and helped the kids transfer to a new bus. Thank you Polo Ridge, we love you.

The problems with this school as with all schools in Ballantyne are not within the schools' control. It is overcrowded...largely in part to its excellent reputation. CMS needs to hear from the voters in this area that we are not going to take it anymore. Let your voice be heard at the state level as that is where the $ for new schools comes from. We need more schools in this area! The principal leads this excellent staff of teachers with compassion and understanding. Thanking them at the end of a long day is her way of showing her appreciation for all they do. It has nothing to do with test scores. It is impossible to keep both staff and parents happy at the same time and she does her best to do both. In a perfect world, teachers, administration and parents should be a team that work together to ensure the best for all children. Afterall, they are the reason we are all here together.

This school continues to grow year to year. Currently 1050 are enrolled. The principal needs to get her ego in check. She is over her head at this large of a school...Parents have quickly wised up to her lack of leadership, troubleshooting and communication skills. What could be a great school simply is not. Go check out Providence Spring if you want a stellar school with a principal that knows how to lead and bring ALL her students to their potential. Sadly the Polo Ridge principal is not that. See earlier post of the constant "Thank yous".....completely disingenuous!

Love Polo Ridge. My children are receiving a great education. The principal is doing an extra ordinary job!

Polo Ridge is an amazing school. The school culture is very positive. The PTA and the principal work collaboratively to create the best learning environment for ALL students. Students thrive in that environment.

My child is now in his 4th year at Polo Ridge and I am sad to say it has continued to decline year after year. We moved to this area because of Polo Ridge when it was highly rated and now we are seriously considering on moving out. Do not take my word, just look at the rankings and you'll see for yourself. I believe the Principal is over her head and instead of trying to engage her teachers for positive results she has resorted to obsessively "Thanking" them over and over again. Broadcasting this over the intercom at the end of the day so that the whole neighborhood can hear her praises are not going to improve test scores.

My son is a current student and just completed his first year here after moving from the northeast. The administration made the transition easy for us as parents, and we couldn't have asked for a better teacher to help with our son's transition. He has multiple severe food allergies, and she was instrumental in helping to keep him safe. The cafeteria has a nut free table, so I know my son will not be near those with peanut products. We love Polo Ridge - principal and vice principal are excellent and really care about each student and their families.

I am just moving from Europe and would like someone to provide a good review if the school setup is excellent post new principal took over see bit negative reviews before.... appreciate your response

The school is not terrible, but it is hampered like all CMS schools, in that it is goal oriented to score high on EOG's. Common Core Curriculum is setting up our kids to fail. It's measurement metrics do not test these kids fairly. I don't like it and I hope it goes away. What was so wrong with the old way of instruction??

Last modified Polo Ridge Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.