Charlotte, NC
After care: No

Posted September 28, 2014
Love it! My daughter always happy to go to the school and teachers support all her steps

Posted July 28, 2014
I just want to reach out and thank all those that touched my granddaughters life her first tow years of school. She has moved to another county this summer and moving to a new school is bittersweet. She is embracing a new journey in life but also is sad that she will miss her friends and teachers. I want to give a huge shout out to her teachers for helping her progress to where she is and helping instill that love of learning new things ALL the time. Her love of reading is never ceasing and questions never stop. Thank you again for being the best and loving what you do. She will miss you all.

Posted May 19, 2014
Sorry to hear J is having such a terrible year. Overall student growth in the 3rd grade is up almost 80%. Students are reading more than ever. Just an FYI for all parents the Renaissance learning program has been replaced with the fountas and pinnell system which is More rigorous and requires teachers to do more structured reading than AR ever provided. In fact teachers have to progress monitor quarterly and track student growth. More attention is being paid to student growth than ever! Final there has been a shift in literacy and how we teach it...called the. Balanced literacy approach, you will find the same curriculum in Union county too,good luck hope J is happy wherever you place him. I will continue to work with our teachers at MGLA TO BUILD the greatest school ever!

Marie G Davis Military and Global 2

Posted April 20, 2014
I have a now 3rd grader at MGLA. During 1st grade he had an amazing teacher. At the end of that school year J had a grade equivalent of 5.5. 2nd grade was not as good. It was a disaster. He would often have an upset stomach and dreaded going to school. It seemed that his teacher had a personal issue with one if us. She made goimg to school a bad experience for him. I met with administration a couple of times and the torture continued. Why did I keep him there you ask? I didn't want to keep moving him around. So again in 3rd grade he has a great teacher, however I still am not happy with the school overall. There is too much focus on passing these core tests and not enough focus on academic growth in general. J is not being challenged and has actually fallen off significantly. There will not be a 4th grade seat filled with my son's bottom. We are getting as far from MGLA as we can. As far from CMS as we can. My advise is if you're moving to the Charlotte area, go to Union County.

Posted December 05, 2013
This is my first year teaching at MGLA. I had a few choices of schools to pick from when I first moved to Charlotte, but I can honestly say that I love teaching at this school and I know I made the right decision to accept this job. My fellow teachers at this school are wonderful and really care about their students. The leadership and support I receive from administration is also excellent. Both the Principal and Assistant Principal are doing an amazing job at turning this school around and making sure our students succeed academically.. As for the test scores, almost the entire country changed to the Common Core standards, so this dramatically impacted test scores in all those states too. The teachers here at MGLA are doing everything they can to make sure our students are ready for these new exams! I really can't stress anymore how much this truly is a great school! Hopefully others can come out and see for themselves!

Posted November 30, 2013
Some of the top schools in CMS curve test scores. How do I know? I know people at Myers Park, South Meck, Ardrey Kell, and Providence. They all curve test scores. Every school has slackers. Also, all of NC has had scores drop. I'd rather go to a school with lower test scores than a drug ring like Ardrey Kell where one can easily find black tar, uppers, weed and ADHD pills. Also, don't forget that half of Ardrey Kell's wrestling team got caught in a drug scandal that suspended most and expelled few. Don't judge a book by its cover, as only students really know what goes on when they step off the bus and enter the doors.

Marie G Davis Military and Global 1

Posted November 20, 2013
Check out the scores for yourself prospective parents! Below average! Marie G. Davis EOG 2013 EOG, avg Mathematics (2013) 11.1 EOG, avg Reading (2013) 36.5 EOG Combined 47.6

Posted October 28, 2013
This is for those Parent that think that by bringing their behaviorally challenge kids to Mary G Davis they will Get an instant change in their Kids please Wake Up. The School change may be the starting point but it takes more than a school transfer to start the change. If we transfer them from the school but do not make changes at home what the use. My children attend Mary g Davis They are not perfect but I transferred them there because I had standards at home that were not being reinforced in school so I looked for a place where they felt like they were at home. At this school they do but like all places it has it flaws and the staff is working hard to make sure it s corrected. Every day I go to take my kids to school I am impressed on how efficient and orderly the process is and how seamless and effortless it is no fuss no chaos. So again think not only what your kids needs but what you are willing to do to make sure he achieves it even if it means going the Extra mile. In my case I am willing and Able to go the extra mile for my Kids and not dump it all on the teachers and school staff we are a team and should interact as such.

Posted September 21, 2013
They did get a new principle and she is working vary hard to make positive changes. I have 3 children that go here and the teachers are vary caring. Even the school nurse is great.

Marie G Davis Military and Global 3

Posted June 17, 2013
My son attended this school for 2 years and will not be returning. He began his 5th grade year at MGLA and it was great. His teacher was exceptional. Sixth grade was a nightmare. The middle school teachers are not equipped to handle as many children as they do during the day. Some are completely checked out while others seem like they actually do not like children at all. Their discipline methods are unrealistic and immature. They did get a new principle and vice principle this year which in my opinion is a great thing. This school is not a "Military" academy at all. Besides the fact that the students wear uniforms and have formation in the morning, there is nothing military about it.

Marie G Davis Military and Global
3351 West Griffith St, Charlotte, NC  28203
Last modified Marie G Davis Military and Global is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marie G Davis Military and Global Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top