Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 07, 2016
My three children have been attending Marie G Davis mgla for two years now. They absolutely love that school they love their teachers. I love the communication with the staff as well as how I am always notified if there is any change in the academics progress of my children. My daughter has been on a trip to Washington DC with the school and they also will be going to Carowinds at the end of the school year not to include all the other trips I've had throughout the years. This is an underrated School it definitely deserves at least seven stars! LOVE LOVE love MGLA ! Girls on the Run is awesome!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 07, 2016
Thank you Mr. Turner!! Thank you Mrs. MacIntosh!!! Thank you Miss Lorich! You all have had to make a huge difference in my children's lives and the way they view School

Develops grit: Agree

Posted May 07, 2016
My children have been pushed to do their best and now I have A/B on honor roll of 2 out of 3 of my children

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted May 07, 2016
I've had teachers to volunteer to pay for school trips because of the progress they have noticed and my child academic

Marie G Davis Military and Global 4

Posted January 26, 2015
I am currently a tenth grade student at MGLA. I've been attending this school since the sixth grade. I personally think that this school has improved over the years. I like that there are SMALL CLASSES. Teachers really care about you here. I also like that I am able to learn Arabic here. I also appreciate the core values that are taught here as well. This school is NOT a boot camp. Many people think that it is due to the "military" in it's name. In this school I have been able to travel. I went to Minnesota the first year that I came here to go to Arabic camp. That was a great experience. I also was able to go to Germany through this school (an even greater experience.) This school is very global and I learn things about the world around me. Classes may be a little more difficult for some students at this school though. Keeping good grades can be very stressful. You must always stay on you "A" game.

Posted September 28, 2014
Love it! My daughter always happy to go to the school and teachers support all her steps

Posted July 28, 2014
I just want to reach out and thank all those that touched my granddaughters life her first tow years of school. She has moved to another county this summer and moving to a new school is bittersweet. She is embracing a new journey in life but also is sad that she will miss her friends and teachers. I want to give a huge shout out to her teachers for helping her progress to where she is and helping instill that love of learning new things ALL the time. Her love of reading is never ceasing and questions never stop. Thank you again for being the best and loving what you do. She will miss you all.

Posted June 03, 2014
I have been very pleased with MGLA this year. This was my child's first year at MGLA and he will definitely be returning next year. His teacher was very caring and put in extra time after school to make sure he got the additional support he needed to be successful. The principal and assistant principal were available anytime I had a question or concern. I love the tag line.. on our way to becoming the best global leadership academy in the world. With the staff I have met so far I can see this goal coming true.

Posted May 19, 2014
Sorry to hear J is having such a terrible year. Overall student growth in the 3rd grade is up almost 80%. Students are reading more than ever. Just an FYI for all parents the Renaissance learning program has been replaced with the fountas and pinnell system which is More rigorous and requires teachers to do more structured reading than AR ever provided. In fact teachers have to progress monitor quarterly and track student growth. More attention is being paid to student growth than ever! Final there has been a shift in literacy and how we teach it...called the. Balanced literacy approach, you will find the same curriculum in Union county too,good luck hope J is happy wherever you place him. I will continue to work with our teachers at MGLA TO BUILD the greatest school ever!

Marie G Davis Military and Global 2

Posted April 20, 2014
I have a now 3rd grader at MGLA. During 1st grade he had an amazing teacher. At the end of that school year J had a grade equivalent of 5.5. 2nd grade was not as good. It was a disaster. He would often have an upset stomach and dreaded going to school. It seemed that his teacher had a personal issue with one if us. She made goimg to school a bad experience for him. I met with administration a couple of times and the torture continued. Why did I keep him there you ask? I didn't want to keep moving him around. So again in 3rd grade he has a great teacher, however I still am not happy with the school overall. There is too much focus on passing these core tests and not enough focus on academic growth in general. J is not being challenged and has actually fallen off significantly. There will not be a 4th grade seat filled with my son's bottom. We are getting as far from MGLA as we can. As far from CMS as we can. My advise is if you're moving to the Charlotte area, go to Union County.

3351 West Griffith St, Charlotte, NC  28203
Last modified Marie G Davis Military and Global is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.