Posted November 11, 2014
This school and staff have been a godsend! My child is dyslexic and I was a little worried about enrolling him in public school after relocating to the area last year. Mrs. Wilson and croft teachers have done everything possible to make sure my child has what he need to be successful in the class room, this includes introducing technology when possible. He made honor roll 2x last year and has not made more than 1 C on his report card. They truly care about the whole child. I know CMS has had a bad reputation but this school and its staff is one of the good ones!

Posted May 15, 2014
My daughter is finishing Kindergarten at Croft and we have been very happy with the school. The teachers and staff are great, the Principal really seems to be on top of things including parent communications, and our daughter loves going to school and the after school program everyday. Overall, when you enter the school, there is just a great vibe- students, teachers, and staff all seem happy to be there and that is so vital to establishing a great learning environment. At family-oriented events you feel part of a very friendly community. We couldn't be happier and feel very lucky that our children have the opportunity to be a part of Croft Community School. (Now can Great Schools stop calling it Hucks and start calling it Croft? :) )

Posted April 02, 2014
Our son is currently in kindergarten at Croft and we couldn't be happier. Outstanding faculty and administration team. Thank you!!

Posted February 07, 2014
Its okay, you were one of my favorite teachers! Its the love hate relationship I have with school. I missed you guys too!

Posted August 05, 2013
I'm so sorry you were unhappy because you seemed to enjoy your last year here. I wish you had talked to me about it and I would have done what I could to help make things better. We missed you when you moved away.

Croft Community Elementary 4

Posted September 28, 2012
I have twins that go to Croft and have since it opened. This is their last year there and then it's off to middle school. I think on a whole Croft does a great job. It excels in parent communication, parent involvement, support of new teachers (although most are/seem experienced), and good administration. The PTA is actively involved which I think always raises the morale of a school, not to mention the extra perks it can provide. However, obviously, like many schools, tests scores are not where they should be(which has lead to Great Shools "6" rating). I think this is a district wide concern and the one area where Croft could improve, although I'm not sure how. I see the work my children do and the homework they come home with and their test scores (luckily) have been in the upper 80th percentile to mid 90th percentile, so it is not an endemic problem, but one of reaching ALL the students and meeting ALL the students needs. An ongoing educational debate exists as to the best way to do this. I just hate to see Croft get a 6 from Great Schools when to me it feels like an 8 (at least). A lot of times you get out what you put in.

Croft Community Elementary 1

Posted March 06, 2012
First of all I gave my daughter's third grade teacher a written request for ADD testing because I have been told every year, "She should be making straight A's." The request was never granted. I was recently told by another teacher that they have 90 days to perform the testing. Her 4th grade teacher took $40 worth of silly bands away, wouldn't return them to me and conveniently lost them before the year was over. It seemed my child was the only one that wasn't allowed to have them because every time I was there most of the kids were wearing them, but my daughter was told if they were seen on her arm they would be taken away. This year I volunteered to chaperone a trip, and the principle told me she would get back to me "in a few days" about driving my own vehicle as I get VERY motion sick on a bus...that was weeks ago and I have heard nothing. I have been very unsatisfied with this school and the CMS school system as a whole. If we don't get into a charter school next year I will get a second job to pay for a private school! Also, I have volunteered my time to this school many times. I'm not sure what you have to do to be one of the chosen parents.

Posted January 04, 2011
Croft is an excellent school. The principle is a great leader and has the respect of the staff, parents, and students. The PTA is very inolved and has a great working relationship with the staff.

Posted January 22, 2010

Posted August 14, 2009
Our son attended K last year at Croft and we loved everything about the school! Parent and Community involvement is important. Croft is becoming one of the areas most sought after schools!

Croft Community Elementary
4911 Hucks Road, Charlotte, NC  28269
Last modified Croft Community Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Croft Community Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top