Charlotte, NC

Posted June 26, 2015
The principal is so rigid that no one can stand her..including the staff. We had some wonderful teachers however.

Posted May 13, 2015
I am writing to inform other parents before they sign their kids up for 4 years of boot camp at Ballantyne. I moved my daughter deom this shool after the Christmas break and she has been attending Beverly Woods Elementary and has made such great progress. With all the individual attention and the awesome teachers and how they instruct the kids her reading level has improved 5 points!!!! She was terrified of the EOgs this year but now she is ready confident and can't wait to take them. BES even asked us to fill out a form and letters to give to the kids on the day they take their end of year tests. They also ask for input as to what kind of teacher and where your kids should be placed next year. I love how they want input from the parents and kids that attend their school!!! Two thumbs up for BES and two thumbs down for Ballantyne!!!

Posted April 08, 2015
Horrible school!! No real play ground, loud cafeteria that many children and parents have complained about, children complaining about being bullied and the principal is more interested in high test scores and the business part of her job than the children. Definately the worst experience I have ever had with an elementary school. My children will not be attending next year.

Ballantyne Elementary 5

Posted November 23, 2014
This is my first year at BES. I have been very pleased with the attention and concern the principal of this school has shown! I feel Dr. Mazurek goes above and beyond to enure parents feel a very open-door policy with her. I had some concerns with my son and some challenges he's been dealing with and in addition to his teacher, she has been wonderful. I feel she sincerely cares about her school, parents, teachers and the well-being of her students. If I've ever had to email or call her, she's alwaays replied or returned a call in a very timely manner. I look forward to a couple more years here until my son goes to middle school.

Ballantyne Elementary 5

Posted October 20, 2014
I am pleased with personalized attention my children receive from their teachers. As a result, they are performing way above average.

Ballantyne Elementary 4

Posted August 26, 2014
Very diverse and very progressive with technology. Wish the building was large enough to accommodate all students however. Most of the staff has been great.

Ballantyne Elementary 2

Posted August 16, 2014
We moved to the Ballantyne area 5yrs ago specifically to attend BES based on early test score research and tried to ignore the negative reviews we heard thinking its all in the individual experience-but unfortunately they are all true. And now you can see it in the declining test scores too. The main problem seems to be the Principal and her leadership. More than 1/2 of the staff is not happy and does not feel supported therefore turn over is higher than avg at this school and ultimately the kids suffer. If you are looking for a rich warm caring environment--look further b/c unfortunately BES is not at all the school we envisioned for our kids-we are exploring options for private school if this yr is another disappointment. To the admin at BES listen to your parents,staff and most importantly kids after all it should be a community not a dictatorship.

Posted July 31, 2014
lunch is only 18 minutes as supposed to 30 minutes. My kids complain about their stomachs hurting and admins all they can say is " it's the teacher's fault". They don't do anything to correct the problem. In the meantime, students are suffering because they don't have time to eat properly.

Ballantyne Elementary 2

Posted June 09, 2014
I'm afraid the negative reviews are accurate. The school lacks a warm caring environment in which young children can thrive. In general, there is a lack of proper communication at all levels. From my experience, I found my child's teacher very uncommunicative. None of the progress report cards I received this year had a single word of teacher remark on it and I cannot understand how that can be. I can only attribute it to a lack of interest and indifference on tne part of the teacher. The children are not challenged enough. Discipline and good behavior are not enforced. I was terribly disappointed with my child's year at school and my impression was it was neither productive nor enjoyable for her.

Posted June 01, 2014
A kindergarten teacher is supposed to be nurturing and help foster a life long love of learning. Not my daughters teacher . I moved her out of this school after the winter break. The admin and teacher were awful. Not caring at all.

Ballantyne Elementary
15425 Scholastic Drive, Charlotte, NC  28277
Last modified Ballantyne Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ballantyne Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top