Ballantyne Elementary 2

Posted June 09, 2014
I'm afraid the negative reviews are accurate. The school lacks a warm caring environment in which young children can thrive. In general, there is a lack of proper communication at all levels. From my experience, I found my child's teacher very uncommunicative. None of the progress report cards I received this year had a single word of teacher remark on it and I cannot understand how that can be. I can only attribute it to a lack of interest and indifference on tne part of the teacher. The children are not challenged enough. Discipline and good behavior are not enforced. I was terribly disappointed with my child's year at school and my impression was it was neither productive nor enjoyable for her.

Posted June 01, 2014
A kindergarten teacher is supposed to be nurturing and help foster a life long love of learning. Not my daughters teacher . I moved her out of this school after the winter break. The admin and teacher were awful. Not caring at all.

Posted April 05, 2014
All of the negative reviews are 100% accurate. My son has been attending BES for 3 years but this will be his last as we will be sending him to private school in the fall. The principal is horrible. She is rude and unapproachable. She treats her teachers poorly and the lack of morale is very apparent. There is a high turnover rate in teachers and student behavior problems are brushed aside. Some children belong in a detention enter rather than an elementary school. Children can't keep their hands off each other and discipline and consequences for poor behavior are nonexistent. Test scores have dropped tremendously. The principal needs to go and then maybe this school will be the great school it should be. Good riddance.

Posted March 24, 2014
I wish I had better reviews for this school. As a parent who was going to place their two children here, it stopped at the front office. Sadly, all of the negative reviews are very true here....the front office staff less is than welcoming, not helpful in the least, and rude, rude, rude, on both of my encounters with them! I really tried to make this school work, but I can't imagine being an actual parent there and having to speak with them about something important.....And, it seems as if it trickles down from the principle. I can't imagine sending my children here.....what an unfortunate circumstance.......and the test scores have plummeted over the last few years as well! Something is clearly wrong here...to those who have great experiences here I am thankful you do, but clearly, this school isn't for everyone.

Posted February 10, 2014
Ballantyne Elementary is a PROFOUND DISAPPOINTMENT. We were a part of the school from its opening in 2008 until last year when we pulled our youngest out and sent her to private school. There is no mystery about what is wrong. The PRINCIPAL is the poorest excuse of a leader I have EVER seen. I'm a former teacher. Read all the reviews. The office staff IS abysmal. There is a problem with the overall poor quality of the teaching staff. I feel sorry for the two or three excellent teachers still there, however, the high number of INCOMPETENT staff is unacceptable. There is a serious MORAL PROBLEM and a higher than average employee TURNOVER RATE. Look for ratings and testing scores to continue to DECLINE until the PRINCIPAL is replaced. The right administrator could make a PROFOUND difference. This school is an embarrassment in a district with an EXCELLENT MIDDLE and HIGH school. The ineffactiveness in addressing bullying and other significant behavioral issues results in a school that isn't safe. The one star rating is for the few good teachers on staff. The rest of the school warrants a rating of zero stars. ALL CHILDREN DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS PRINCIPAL.

Posted January 21, 2014
The teaching staff and administrative staff are abysmal. Pushing the common core standards and not really engaging with each child's learning styles. Every interaction I have had with a faculty member has been unpleasant as they are unhappy and it is reflecting on how they treat parents and students.

Posted October 31, 2013
My son started attending BES this year and he is in Kindergarten. He is very, very unhappy. His teacher is not friendly, caring or supportive. She does not communicate with us effectively. We hope to switch classrooms. However, we have hear horror stories of parents trying to change teachers. We are very present in the school and have seen all of the staff act unpleasant and unhappy. It is very unfortunate as we feel kindergarten should be a fun learning environment for the kids. The administrative staff are rude and not helpful at all. We are currently looking for other schools to send our son to. What a shame.

Ballantyne Elementary 3

Posted April 27, 2013
Overall we have had a mixed experinece with this school. We recently moved to the area and started w/ a first grader and a 5th grader. Just like anything in life the teachers are a hit or miss. Our daughter loves her 5th grader teacher which we've noticed in the type of work given to the kids and w/ our interactions w/ her teachers. Unfortunately, we had to pull out 1st grader out of this school after 4 months and put him in private because his teacher was not that involved w/ her students. Tried to talk w/ the principle but you get a lot of burecrocy and red tape. The staff in the front office is abmisal and not very helpful as well. Overall a mixed experience but would have expected more given the property taxes we pay to support these schools.

Ballantyne Elementary 5

Posted June 10, 2012
we have gone to Ballantyne since it opened and love it. Teachers are great a lot of parent involvement.I shall miss it.

Ballantyne Elementary 4

Posted March 03, 2012
Great school constantly fundraising for our kids. PTA communication of fundraising events was often disorganized and felt like left to the last minute by sending kids home with a sticker on their shirts about that evenings event.

Contact Information

15425 Scholastic Drive
Charlotte, NC 28277

School website

Ballantyne Elementary
15425 Scholastic Drive, Charlotte, NC  28277
Last modified Ballantyne Elementary is a public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ballantyne Elementary Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.