Posted February 23, 2014
The scores on the 2013 EOGs are low at all schools because of the new common core standards. Berewick is an awesome school with a great administration and excellent teachers. We had the opportunity to send our child elsewhere and did not! This school is awesome. Btw I am a parent, you can call me at 704 564-0012 to confirm :)

Posted February 23, 2014
My boy loves his school, great teachers! The school grounds are beautiful with lots of play areas and an patio for outside lunch with vistors. The PTA works hard to invole everyone with great fundraisers and a wonderful carnival. It's great to have a neighborhood school with great kids and parents. Thanks to all the teachers for all they do! Thank You! Katie

Berewick Elementary 1

Posted February 12, 2014
40%, 50%, 60%....I think I saw an 80%....LOOK AT THEIR SCORES!!! THEY TELL YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW! IF THEIR SCHOOL SCORES ARE 40% ITS TELLS YOU ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW! You will be better off putting your child elsewhere. Those scores are a reflection of the administration, staff, & teachers. and, It's sad because the school is only 5 yrs old. I am highly disappointed so far. We will be moving to Indian Trail for the upcoming school year. and don't be fooled by the "positive" reviews that are placed on here after someone tells the truth. It's Just the staff trying to CYA. They ARENT real. Pay attention to the honesty parents leave on these sites or you will find out at the expense of you child's education.

Berewick Elementary 1

Posted February 10, 2014
This school doesn't even deserve a half a star. i had heard rumors of this school being terrible, but i didn't believe it based on the fact that it was a new area and new school. i was WRONG!!!! From the Zone Superintendent, to teachers, to principal. THEY ARE ALL TERRIBLE. I wouldn't trust them with anything, especially a child's valuable education. Its a TITLE 1 school, which means less than standard. DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE CONSTRUCTION AROUND IT, RUN!!!!!!!! And, according to other members of the community, the middle school, & Olympia High School are not Much Better. Its a reason that the rating above it 4 out of 10. Don't chance it, go to Ballantyne, Fort Mill, or Indian Trial is you want your kids to have a good education. dealing with CMS is NOT WORTH IT! Submitted by a parent

Posted December 27, 2013
Berewick staff does a great job. The County is a terrible commie nightmare. The promised facilities (ball fields etc) were never built. The charmeck superintendents are building new schools while others sit vacant. Apparently going to add trailers to Berewick (which is already a shared facility with a county park). The commie control focuses on _ BEHAVIOR CONTROL _ rather than education. E.g. the kids are not allowed to talk the first 15 of lunch and are trained to be informants on each other. Its quite amazing; but, I believe, is typical throughout CharMeck. Scary to be honest. Fortunately, a good teacher can more than make up for the NEARLY "FAIL" GRADE the COUNTY ADMINISTRATION earns.

Posted November 08, 2013
Its a pretty good school. Probably one of the best in Charlotte with respect to having world cultures represented. The Kindergarten is a loooong 7 hour day (but that's the county-wide standard) with only 15 minutes of recess typically. My kid can already read Biscuit books and other such sight and sounding word books after two months in school; but, she was already well on her way having been in a SUPERB pre-K at Good Shepherd.

Posted May 26, 2012
I am a parent of two children at this school. The staff are very friendly and my daughters are achieving well in their studies/EOGs. It's a shame that they haven't updated their stats on this site as we found out that we were by far the minorities being caucasian when we moved to this area. My oldest is the only one in her class. We're open to multiculturalism but it made it difficult for them to adjust and make friends in this new school. It's a beautiful school, teachers and admin are caring however we will be most likely changing next year.

Posted February 21, 2012
I am a parent of a Berewick graduate and I am looking forward to my daughter starting Kindergarten next year! The fifth grade team is great, and I feel that they really prepared my son for middle school. The block system that BWK implemented last school year really gave the kids a feel for how middle school works! BWK also has strong PTA and support staff, and parents enjoy being involved with the school. Very good experience!

Posted January 08, 2012
We just love this school the principal and teachers. Our children have done extremely well with the teachers they have. I love the fact that they look at the strengths of students and enable them to reach higher to meet and exceed their goals. The neighborhood feel of the school is superb and it is so great knowing that our children are in really good hands at the school. I am so surprised the school didn't get a higher rating because I am from the North and was very nervous to send my children to CMS but this school is even better than most of the ones up there. Keep up the good work we couldn't be happier and neither could our girls.

Posted January 05, 2012
The motto of Berewick Elementary should be "by the people and for the children". The people of Berewick, Steele Creek and neighboring communities fought very hard during tough economic times to ensure this school was built. The school is in its third year. Principal Cheryl Turner is known throughout the CMS System as a creator of strong schools with good academic results. The school has an impressive PTA and a newly created SLT. The beauty of the school is the diverse student body. As you walk the halls you see the focus of the school is to shape intelligent and socially responsible citizens of the world! As a parent who is secretly very Type A, I searched many schools in Charlotte, Berewick offered everything I was looking for, for my children. I knew that the diversity would teach my children how to be a citizen of a multicultural world and succeed in Real Life. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Berewick Elementary
5910 Dixie River Road, Charlotte, NC  28278
Last modified Berewick Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Berewick Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.