Ridge Road Middle School 1

Posted April 19, 2014
I hate this school the bullying is bad and all the kids think about is there shoe game.Warning if you child doesnt have good shoes like lebrons, jordans, kds or kobes you child will get picked on it has changes so much i had the buy my child 300 pair of shoes so he wont get picked on. i volunteered to that school and i see kids twerking, kissing, and all. If you are a caucasian parent turn around and look for another school.

Posted October 24, 2013
My son is in his second year at RR , 7th grade and he loves it. The teachers are great and constantly challenge the students. The school does not get enough positive recognition and I am not sure why. I do have a theory though... Many of the parents know that due to some middle schools in lower income areas being shut down, the children from those areas are being bussed to RR. I have heard that parents move out of the RR school zone, or enroll their children in charter schools beause they don't want their kids associating with the kids from the lower income areas. I think that is sad because if the parents would go ahead and send their kids to RR and contribute the amount of time and money to RR as they do to HC Elementary... RR would be a 10 rating school.

Ridge Road Middle School 3

Posted September 22, 2013
Just read numerous five star reviews about how absolutely WONDERFUL this school is and just one TINY review that said terrible things. Although that particular review could have come from any disgruntled person and, therefore, could NOT even be true, these types of reviews should still be looked over and CONSIDERED because even a broken clock is RIGHT twice a day ~ especially with a GreatSchools rating of less than 8.

Posted June 06, 2013
My son had a great first year of middle school! His teachers were great and he made many new friends.

Posted August 05, 2011
I have a rising 7th grader who just completed her first year of middle school at RR. The staff is excellent - promptly responsive, motivating, engaging and educated. The communication our family received throughout the year was proactive and we appreciated weekly updates from all teachers. Our child has a great core group of friends and is looking forward to another great year.

Posted August 02, 2011
My child is a rising 7th grader at RRMS. Her first year proved to be an excellent one both academically as well as socially. She had wonderful teachers that challenged her and made her feel welcome. Her EOG scores went up dramatically in reading and math. She has a great group of friends of various backgrounds. RRMS has a dedicated staff to all of the students and parents. I can't say enough good things about RRMS!

Posted July 25, 2011
My daughter is a rising 8th grader at Ridge Road Middle School and our family couldn't be more pleased with her education and overall experience at the school. Our family believes that students will rise to meet expectations set for them and the faculty and administration of RRMS sets expectations high. Our daughter has been challenged academically and has developed socially. Middle school has never been a walk in the park (for anyone...at any school) and I appreciate Principal Tanner's no nonsence approach to discipline in and out of the classroom. This administration has always responded quickly to my questions and every teacher has demonstrated innovation in the classroom and has communicated their plans, expectations and classroom successes throughout the school year. Our daughter has also had wonderful opportunities to develop skills in the arts and has participated in band, dance and choral music. As a parent, I was very concerned about my baby starting middle school but I feel RRMS has helped her develop in to a confident person and a strong student. We are looking forward to another good year! I agree with the other post about parent involvement being the one thing missing.

Posted July 25, 2011
My daughter has had a wonderful experience at Ridge Road Middle. The school has an excellent program for talented children and she is well challenged and surrounded by nice kids and a wonderful learning environment. Our experience with teachers and staff at RRMS has been very good. Band program is incredible.

Posted July 21, 2011
My children have had a great experience at RRMS. The principal is responsive to any concerns and has very high expectations of the staff & students. EOG scores were up this year. There is excellent communication from the teachers, especially the sixth grade team, who made the transition to middle school much easier than I would have expected. Dedicated teachers also provide leadership for many extra curricular activities. My only wish would be for more parent involvement.

Posted July 21, 2011
I have had a great experience with teachers and administration at Ridge Road Middle School. The few times that I have had a concern they were addressed and resolved quickly.

Ridge Road Middle School
7260 Highland Creek Parkway, Charlotte, NC  28269
Last modified Ridge Road Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridge Road Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.