Charlotte, NC
Students enrolled: 1,446

Posted April 30, 2015
I am a former Ridge Road teacher. RR is an extraordinary school where students thrive academically and relationships are fostered by most of the staff, including the principal, resource officer, security associate and teachers. For those that complained about contacting teachers and not getting a response and teachers not teaching, your child didn't have me or the team of teachers that I worked alongside. I worked until 7:00pm, most days, planning for my students, even though I needed to go home to my own kids. Even when I was home, I would still respond to parent and/or student emails, grade papers, and ponder over instructional plans for the coming weeks. There is no one school that is perfect, public or private. However, RR has excellent benefits to offer students and there are plenty of opportunities for parents to volunteer.

Posted April 22, 2015
I have my second child at Ridge Road this year. Both my kids have had wonderful teachers and a great experience at this school. The teachers care about them and have taught them so much. Their EOG and MAP scores are through the roof - and that is because of the excellent teaching they are receiving!

Posted April 14, 2015
I wanted to give No stars!!!!!!! The administration is clueless on how to effectively run a school. Be aware if you care about your child's education and expect RR to foster a healthy environment that is conducive to success this is the WRONG place for you to send your child. I feel really bad for any one that is forced to attend Ridge Road. My suggestion MOVE!!!!!!!

Posted April 01, 2015
NO STARS! This school is absolutely horrible. I should have listened ....after my child left Highland Creek tons of parents said bypass Ridge Road. This school is full of teachers that don't care and can't teach. They depend on wiki pages and other internet websites to teach students. I'm and 100% disappointed an disgusted.

Posted February 17, 2015
I recall when I first registered my son 2 years ago, I asked the registrar about the academics at the school. Her response was...you won't like it...I was puzzled...then she said its 70/30 and it's not in your favor. I wish I would have left right then! If I could give ZERO stars to this school I would. It honestly STINKS!!! I understand wanting kids to grow up but the lack of caring is horrid!! My son asks for help and he is told to go to a wiki page. He sends emails directly to the teachers, cc's myself on it gets no response. I inquire where some vocabulary words can be located I am told by a teacher it's in his notes. He has no clue. If you want your child to succeed then do not send them to this school. As you read this you may think I am just an upset parent, and yes I am but be warned if you don't walk the right way, dress the right way or look the right way your child will be tossed to the side. And that is the truth!

Posted January 04, 2015
No stars this school is based on race. The racism is terrible. I give no stars to this horrible school. They don't follow CMS policy. My son went there and he was almost suspended for some fake rule the school made. They said every rule would be in student parent handbook and of course I checked and the rule never showed up. This school might have the highest learning growth but that's because the teachers don't teach the first two quarters then teach the third and fourth quarters and that's why they increase. This school is Garbage

Posted April 19, 2014
I hate this school the bullying is bad and all the kids think about is there shoe game.Warning if you child doesnt have good shoes like lebrons, jordans, kds or kobes you child will get picked on it has changes so much i had the buy my child 300 pair of shoes so he wont get picked on. i volunteered to that school and i see kids twerking, kissing, and all. If you are a caucasian parent turn around and look for another school.

Ridge Road Middle School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
My son is in his second year at RR , 7th grade and he loves it. The teachers are great and constantly challenge the students. The school does not get enough positive recognition and I am not sure why. I do have a theory though... Many of the parents know that due to some middle schools in lower income areas being shut down, the children from those areas are being bussed to RR. I have heard that parents move out of the RR school zone, or enroll their children in charter schools beause they don't want their kids associating with the kids from the lower income areas. I think that is sad because if the parents would go ahead and send their kids to RR and contribute the amount of time and money to RR as they do to HC Elementary... RR would be a 10 rating school.

Ridge Road Middle School 3

Posted September 22, 2013
Just read numerous five star reviews about how absolutely WONDERFUL this school is and just one TINY review that said terrible things. Although that particular review could have come from any disgruntled person and, therefore, could NOT even be true, these types of reviews should still be looked over and CONSIDERED because even a broken clock is RIGHT twice a day ~ especially with a GreatSchools rating of less than 8.

Posted June 06, 2013
My son had a great first year of middle school! His teachers were great and he made many new friends.

Ridge Road Middle School
7260 Highland Creek Parkway, Charlotte, NC  28269
Last modified Ridge Road Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridge Road Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top