Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I couldn't be more pleased with this school! The population is diverse, the children are taught to be respectful (and they are very!) and good citizens, the principal, staff and teachers are extremely involved, caring, and loving and there are a lot of extra activities and events that bring everyone together. Thank you Mrs Odom and RGES!

We have truly loved this school. Of course, no school is perfect, but overall we have been so pleased to have our children enrolled at River Gate! Ms. Odom, the principal is AMAZING! I have no doubt, she is a HUGE reason this school functions as well as it does! She cares about each and every student, and really listens to the parents. The staff emphasizes the importance of not only academics, but also character! The school has tons of specials offered (music, Spanish, technology, art, PE, and more)! The student population is diverse, which you wont get in FM. At the end of the day, for this CMS school we are glad we've been a part of it! I just wish the Middle & High School would be able to follow suit!

Amount of homework: Agree

I think the amount of homework is perfectly fair! They are mindful that the students have things to do after school, but still send home appropriate work that is not just busy work!

Develops character: Strongly agree

We were already 1/4 of the way into the school year. My daughter was having an incredibly hard time adjusting to the class that she had been assigned. We discussed this with the teacher and principal. The principal agreed to move her to another class, seeing as this would be in my daughter's best interest. That change made the biggest difference to my daughter, and also to me. RIvergate puts fairness to it's students as a priority!

My children have been at River Gate since it opened, and they have had a wonderful experience with caring teachers and excellent leadership. The school is new, safe, clean, and focuses strongly on making thoughtful and consistent use of the techonology availble. This technology consists of data projectors and classroom computers in every room. Some classrooms have SMARTboards as well. Students at River Gate receive a quality education that focuses on building character and attaining real-world problem solving skills to prepare them for their future careers.

This is a fairly new school. My children attended River Gate for the two years that it has been open. We have enjoyed being a part of the River Gate family! My children's teachers were the best they have had. Ms. Canzoneri, the guidance counselor at River Gate Elementary, was a God-send in helping my child who required special guidance. She went above and beyond. This school is great because of the teachers, the quality of education, and wonderful parent involvement. It will be very interesting to see how much greater the school can become now that a new principal is joining River Gate!

Last modified River Gate Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.