Public charter
Charlotte, NC

Posted May 14, 2015
Keeping this short and sweet - CCS is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They truly care about every child!!!

Posted April 30, 2015
Wow!!! I wanted to wait until the end of the school year to write a review and I am still so impressed with our little community. My child has never been happier at a school. This positive change has made a love for learning we had yet to see in our child. The administration is amazing, teachers and staff are amazing, the academics are amazing, the nurturing attitude is amazing and this school is just amazing. I could go on!!!! I'm so blessed we are a part of this school and wish every child had this kind of well rounded education.

Posted April 26, 2015
Funny when you read reviews how you can focus on the negative. I read where some of the negative reviews mentioned other charter schools. When you look the other schools up there ratings are no better if not worse. The founder of the school may not have " an educational background" but she does have business acumen which I would take any day. She has Admin staff that share the vision of what Corvian is all about. Yes the school parted ways late last year with 2 admin staff since you couldn't have 3 directors. For some one to claim their child went backwards? The school is Clique? You can't please everyone I can only say our children have done phenomenal. That's really all we care about. If this school as 10 negative reviews out of 500 plus students maybe the negative people need to be somewhere else. Something tells me no matter where they go they will find fault.

Posted April 08, 2015
Every school has it's complaints from disgruntled patents. We have been so happy and I think each year will continue to be even better. I will say our director of elementary school has no experience running a school and lacks enthusiasm and warmth. She doesn't have the personality I would expect from a principal. It would be nice to have a principal who is fun, involved with all the kids and warm. However, because the school is run so well and teachers and staff are beyond amazing I can't ask for much more. We have been to 2 other schools and this has by far been the best experience. My child loves going to school and is learning and growing.

Corvian Community School 1

Posted April 03, 2015
Corvian's philosophy is great however the school itself is run like a circus. I have older kids and have never seen anything like it. One week they try one thing then change it then try something else. I felt like my child was a guinea pig and my child's education really took a horribly turn for the worst. The director. I don't even know where to begin. She has made my child cry, she has been extremely rude to me and my family, very unprofessional and it was very clear how uneducated in the educational field she was when I spoke to her. I could tell it was only going to get worse so we left immediately!! We have been very pleased with our new school and I have zero regrets about leaving Corvian. We could not run away fast enough!!!

Posted March 22, 2015
Every school has its ups and downs and every school has disgruntled parents. That is just a fact. Every school is not going to please everyone. You have to find the right school for your family. Corvian is a unique school that truly and I mean truly cares about the whole child. Teachers work endlessly to meet the needs of children and do not think of their "job" as a job, it is a passion and let me tell you it shows. The administration are all very accommodating and helpful to support their staff as well as help parents in situations where they have concerns. There are many schools in our area and you just have to find the right fit for your child and family. I would guarantee a lot of the negative parents had a bad experience because Corvian is just not the right fit for the family and educational beliefs. Corvian truly is an amazing school that far exceeds my hopes for both my children's educational and social needs. Are there things to work on? Sure! Every school has things to improve upon, but this school will give your child 110% dedication and nothing less. They truly care about the whole child.

Posted March 22, 2015
We absolutely love this school! Maybe if CMS schools had more business minded leadership, we wouldn't be forced to look elsewhere. We had one child go to our home school for a year and it was run like a zoo. Several teachers there shouldn't have even been employed. Janitor was found sleeping in a classroom. The mix of business experience our exec director has coupled with excellent educators she has surrounded herself with shows her strength in building a great team to successfully educate our children! Just like a business should be-the business of educating our kids! Love the whole child approach taught by PHENOMENAL teachers! Excellent parent participation and communication from teachers to us is very strong. Corvian has exceeded the expectations we have had for our kids' educations! We love it!

Posted March 22, 2015
Corvian is an amazing school where the students are taught to love learning. The basic school curriculum weaves all disciplines together such that the literacy and art are woven around the math, science and social studies. The children are taught to love and respect themselves, respect everyone's differences, and take care of each other and our environment. The WHOLE child is nurtured here. My children love school and every day is a "GREAT DAY!"

Posted March 17, 2015
I am a staff and parent at Corvian. I am very pleased with the school and my children are doing well and love school. There so many rumors about the way the school is run. I see how the school runs and LOVE where I work. The Executive Director does not make educational decisions, the Director of Elementary Education does (and a fantastic job too!) and so will the Middle School Director. The Executive Director is more business management, facilities, looks at the bigger picture for growth and makes sure the school is financially successful. She does a great job and the school would not be this successful without her.

Corvian Community School 2

Posted March 12, 2015
Corvian served its purpose of keeping our child out of CMS for 2 years. The first year was tolerable and our child enjoyed the school but during the 2nd year, things changed drastically. My first interaction with admin was very telling of how things are handled at the school and it did not match my expectations or what I found important. Reading the other reviews, I tend to side with the negative reviews based on my personal experience and can say that they're factual because I experienced the same. The school is filled with many cliques and a very close knit circle with the director who get privileged info (likely why rumors run wild there). The school was not for us or our child and it all came down to admin and how staff handled a few incidents.

Corvian Community School
9501 David Taylor Drive, Charlotte, NC  28262
Last modified Corvian Community School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Corvian Community School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top