Bad
Good

My son is a freshman this year, I am not impressed with anything here at all!

My daughter goes here and about a year ago she had got kidney stones back to back and when we went to go get her days she missed taken care of they didn't help us at all. She had to retake many classes. This school is full of drugs and the administers are very rude. A certain one has gave my daughter a hard time since she has started there. I would NEVER recommend anyone go here

My child is a Junior at South this year, and I am an alumni. Her academic experience has been wonderful. She loves going to school there. We receive frequent messages from the principal about what is going on at school. As a parent I always feel informed. School is what a child makes of it, and learning starts at home. Schools aren't there to raise your children, that's your job as a parent.

I have a 22 year old son who went to South Rowan and basically wasted his time and the precious little time that the teachers have, I currently have a 16 year old daughter who is a junior at the same school, and she is doing quite well. My opinion is that school is just what you make of it. There is a shortage in good teachers and too many kids that have no desire to achieve or to follow instructions. It is sad to say, but those are the kids that all too often fall throught the cracks. There are some teachers who do let their frustrations show and say things that label a child, maybe unjustly, but I think overall South is a pretty good school. It would be great if there were more children who went to school to learn and show some respect in order to learn.

My grandson goes to South and my two children went to South and they graduated but I have concerns about my grandson graduating because the school has gone downhill since my children went there. This last year I tried to talk with guiance counselors and teachers and didn't get any response from them. He did have one teacher out of 8 that did keep in touch with me about my grandsons progress and he brought his grade up from failing to a A. They need to let the parent know before it is too late that they have a problem. One teacher told my grandson and his mother that he was no good and would end up in jail and he passed her class just to show her he could. She had no right to talk to him this way he is a good kid with problems. I am disappointed.

If you are seriously thinking about sending your child to South Rowan High School, I honestly hope you consider another school. If you want your child to be around drugs and future drug addicts (if not already) then send them here. If you want more for your children don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

South Rowan has undegone lots of changes this school year. The students are finally having fun at school. The opening of a new school has not spelled the end for South, but rather the beginning of a new school with lots of school spirit and lots of buy in from the students. The new administration has established a set of rules that are clearly defined and enforced. We can only hope that the administration and teachers will remain at South and continue to improve an already great school.

I am a grandparent who tries to attend all the activities that my 2 g'children are involved in. I am very pleased with the teachers that they have and the sports and music activities. I am disappointed that the county has not done more to improve the looks of the school including the gym and auditorium. Also there needs to be a dress code so that the students don't look so sloppy. For safety reasons, the boys' shirts should be tucked in. I think the new administration is doing a great job and am looking forward to seeing more improvments. Both of my g'children are happy at South and are excelling.

School has little or no spirit.Very little parent involvement. Very little dedication from teachers or principals.Real issues go untouched. If you have a problem you are out of luck.Children need help with dealing with issues not punishment for every wrong breath.New principals r not the help needed. Not all students are bad!some days the attention a student gets at school may be the only attention received from an adult on that day. There needs to be more concern put into the child and not just making a name for the new principal. 'Respect begets respect'.Help the students don't just get rid of them. What about their future........What about their lives also we parents are not made to feel welcome in the school

I have a senior and a sophomore attending South Rowan High School. With the new principal and other administrators, this school is back on top!. My senior is thrilled with the changes in cleanliness, morale of staff & students, school spirit, and classroom activities. My girls are involved in all aspects of campus life. I can't get them away from school in the afternoons! Academically, both are receiving expert instruction from the finest staff I've ever encountered. These teachers know teenagers, sincerely care for them, and work hours of overtime to help each one succeed. I have no reservations about sending my other children to South Rowan.

Last modified South Rowan High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.