Clayton High 4

Posted January 30, 2014
This is a decent school. Sick of hearing about all the athletic triumphs but that is typical of all high schools it seems. There is something for everyone here. All high schools have drugs even the Christian ones. My kid just ignores it and has nothing to do with those types of kids.

Clayton High 3

Posted November 11, 2013
I'm a student here, halfway through my junior year. There are a few gangs and some students aren't shy about drug use, but it's high school. Of course there will be some drug users; it's stupid to think that a high school is completely pure because a pure high school doesn't exist. I actually really like it here. I made a few great friends who came from similar life circumstances as me, so we stick together. It's more like a family than a friendship. One thing that I have a problem with: Homophobia. Parents, quit acting like the 'perfect' Christian and teach your kid to respect others. There are way too many self-righteous religious people out here who basically 'pick and choose' from the Bible. I'm sick of students who force their ideals on others. If you were a true Christian, you wouldn't try to harm a homosexual student in any way; you would 'love thy neighbor', so to speak. As for education, it's kind of weird. Some teachers barely give any homework, but a few give mountains of work to be done. As for sports, we have talented students but with coaches who don't know how to use the talent.

Posted April 12, 2012
The Varsity baseball coach (Houser) at Clayton Hight School is a complete joke! He allows how wealth the parents of students are as to how he coaches the baseball team. Example: The more money given to the Athleic booster program, the more the student gets to play and not be benched. He also makes it very clear that he does not want to be Approached by parents. Coach Houser is a disgrace as a coach and a PE teacher at Clayton High School

Clayton High 3

Posted February 16, 2012
I have a daughter that attended Clayton High School. I agree that there needs to be work done by the principal to be more involved in the students. I think that things will get better as the overcrowding is not as much of an issue with the new high school in full service next year. I do not see where any of the posters are blaming others for the actions of their children or how a parents lack of guidance has anything to do with the inaction of the administration. I also don't see anything that warrants an attack on someones parenting skills. In my opinion, the school is not the best around and it's not the worst. If your child is involved in sports, I believe they would do better than average because that is mindset of Clayton high.

Clayton High 5

Posted December 16, 2011
CHS has some really great teachers to include the Great JROTC Instructors. The principal is wonderful but the assistant principals could improve their methods of student interaction and guidance. My children went to this school and I was pleased with the education they received. They all have fond memories of this school and miss the feeling of community they experienced at CHS.

Clayton High 5

Posted August 11, 2011
CHS has teachers who care about students, and is working hard to keep up with the quick-paced changes in a technology world. Students are well-behaved for the most part, and engaged in their learning. The principal is beginning to take ownership after taking over the position 2 years ago; he is making positive changes for all involved.

Posted April 15, 2011
Wow, I can not believe what I am reading about this school. I graduated from here in 2009. Then it was not bad at all. The principle was very nice then and the kids at the school were not bad. But hearing all of this, I am disappointed and I do wish they find a better principle to run this school. I am glad that i graduated in 2009 and not now!

Posted February 21, 2011
I agree with the other negative reviews of Clayton High. I wish I could afford private school so that I could take my son out. The principal at Clayton high is out of touch with the teachers and parents as well as the students. There is very little communication between school and home. My son complains about the smoking and drug use that takes place on school grounds. He also says that the bathrooms are so bad that he won't use them. The selection of classes is limited and I've only come across a couple of teachers who aren't burnt out and have no business teaching children. I can say that his freshman year was much better because of the freshman academy and the caring vice principle there. I would suggest the same as a previous poster, if you have a choice, try to live in an area with the new Corinth Holders High.

Posted January 24, 2011
I am a student at Clayton high just tranferred here nov 2010. This is a Terrible school. There is crime, drugs, thugs, drinking. The teachers are nice. Sudents are racist, they cuss,drink, go to late night parties with their friends. They dont care about anything. The campus is old but thats not the problem its in an okay neighborhood. The buses stink they drop you off at school okay. But when it comes time to come home there might be a substitute driver and your child might miss the bus. The buses are nice, and so are the bus drivers. The enviroment at this school is very bad.

Posted November 20, 2010
Ugh! Took our son out and enrolled him in a private school. Thugs, drugs, teachers that don't care, principal does not have a handle on his staff or students. Very negative environment. Cannot believe the rating of this school....must be the locals that are related to each other and have been here for generations. There ARE some good kids at Clayton High School...Honors Students but the course selection is limited and the teachers will not let the AP and Honors students use the bathroom! This came from my child and others so there is a pattern here and not with the same teacher. Terrible, terrible, terrible. Move to an area that feeds into the new Corinth Holders High School (Riverwood, Flowers Plantation, etc) or go to a private school.

Clayton High
600 South Fayetteville Street, Clayton, NC  27520
Last modified Clayton High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clayton High Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews.