Clayton, NC
Students enrolled: 1,443

Posted May 13, 2015
I graduated from here in 2013, and I am thoroughly disgusted about my senior year experience and what has been going on since i left (I have friends that still attend there). Everything was ok until after my junior year. During my senior year, I was pushed by a girl over something stupid and the assistant principal I reported the incident to didn't do anything until my dad called and threatened to press charges on the girl because she wouldn't do anything; my chorus teacher bullied me my entire senior year and targeted me all throughout every class and I never reported it because I knew the principal would either not believe me or make the situation worse; there was also a guy that stalked every girl at the school and everyone reported him several times and the administration wouldn't do anything about it. My advice: do not send your kids here or support this school. It has become a very terrible school that harbors so many issues.

Posted April 07, 2015
As a parent I have mixed emotions regarding Clayton High School and the state of North Carolina. The mentality here in Carolina continuously has me quite perplexed at times, which leads to frustration. I feel that Clayton High is a typical high school with the same issues as many high schools in this 21st century. I do feel that there are a few racial issues that should be addressed, coaching issues and school maintenance concerns that require immediate attention. One of my major concerns is when contacting the principal Mr. Clint Eaves, never returns your call. I/we have to physically go to the school to get his attention which is definitely a problem. There are a few teachers who could be perceived as strange but the majority are easy to talk with regarding your child. I can say that it is very obvious to us that the school has gone down hill since relocating here in 2007. So sorry to see the decline but the truth is that you are only as good as your leader...

Posted October 09, 2014
This school is terrible. The staff are rude, they don't respond when we try to reach out. No voicemail. The phone actually hangs up on you. Their scores are terrible. The school is falling apart. The front office staff is extremely rude. We should have stayed where we were. I guess since NC is not with the times, they think this is ok. I looked into my children using online homeschool as we are having issues with bullying and racial comments. NC does not offer free online homeschooling. This blew my mind. I would not recommend Clayton High School. We are not impressed at all.

Clayton High 4

Posted January 30, 2014
This is a decent school. Sick of hearing about all the athletic triumphs but that is typical of all high schools it seems. There is something for everyone here. All high schools have drugs even the Christian ones. My kid just ignores it and has nothing to do with those types of kids.

Posted November 11, 2013
I'm a student here, halfway through my junior year. There are a few gangs and some students aren't shy about drug use, but it's high school. Of course there will be some drug users; it's stupid to think that a high school is completely pure because a pure high school doesn't exist. I actually really like it here. I made a few great friends who came from similar life circumstances as me, so we stick together. It's more like a family than a friendship. One thing that I have a problem with: Homophobia. Parents, quit acting like the 'perfect' Christian and teach your kid to respect others. There are way too many self-righteous religious people out here who basically 'pick and choose' from the Bible. I'm sick of students who force their ideals on others. If you were a true Christian, you wouldn't try to harm a homosexual student in any way; you would 'love thy neighbor', so to speak. As for education, it's kind of weird. Some teachers barely give any homework, but a few give mountains of work to be done. As for sports, we have talented students but with coaches who don't know how to use the talent.

Posted April 12, 2012
The Varsity baseball coach (Houser) at Clayton Hight School is a complete joke! He allows how wealth the parents of students are as to how he coaches the baseball team. Example: The more money given to the Athleic booster program, the more the student gets to play and not be benched. He also makes it very clear that he does not want to be Approached by parents. Coach Houser is a disgrace as a coach and a PE teacher at Clayton High School

Posted February 16, 2012
I have a daughter that attended Clayton High School. I agree that there needs to be work done by the principal to be more involved in the students. I think that things will get better as the overcrowding is not as much of an issue with the new high school in full service next year. I do not see where any of the posters are blaming others for the actions of their children or how a parents lack of guidance has anything to do with the inaction of the administration. I also don't see anything that warrants an attack on someones parenting skills. In my opinion, the school is not the best around and it's not the worst. If your child is involved in sports, I believe they would do better than average because that is mindset of Clayton high.

Clayton High 5

Posted December 16, 2011
CHS has some really great teachers to include the Great JROTC Instructors. The principal is wonderful but the assistant principals could improve their methods of student interaction and guidance. My children went to this school and I was pleased with the education they received. They all have fond memories of this school and miss the feeling of community they experienced at CHS.

Clayton High 5

Posted August 11, 2011
CHS has teachers who care about students, and is working hard to keep up with the quick-paced changes in a technology world. Students are well-behaved for the most part, and engaged in their learning. The principal is beginning to take ownership after taking over the position 2 years ago; he is making positive changes for all involved.

Posted April 15, 2011
Wow, I can not believe what I am reading about this school. I graduated from here in 2009. Then it was not bad at all. The principle was very nice then and the kids at the school were not bad. But hearing all of this, I am disappointed and I do wish they find a better principle to run this school. I am glad that i graduated in 2009 and not now!

Clayton High
600 South Fayetteville Street, Clayton, NC  27520
Last modified Clayton High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clayton High Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top