Bad
Good

Posted October 18, 2013
For me it's pretty simple.... Caring staff & attentive teachers make this school my #1 choice!!! My youngest started Kindergarten this year & was very emotional at that... Everyone was so helpful into getting him acclimated & feeling comfortable & ready to learn!!! Thank you River Dell Staff & Teachers!! Go Racers!! :-)

Posted September 11, 2013
My granddaughters' school is unique....The lunch isn't too bad either. I love going to field day with them. It is so much fun. Mrs. Wall is my favorite kindergarden teacher. And of course Mrs. Coats too.

Posted July 22, 2013
I give 5 stars to River Dell Elementary. My son attended kindergarten and 1st grade at this school and I have to say I am very satisfied with the excellent level of education my son received. The teachers are very professional and the staff is super friendly. Couldn't have asked for more!

Posted January 23, 2013
We've recently moved back to Clayton and to River Dell. I am glad that my kindergartener got the same teacher that my now 3rd grader had. We loved the principal (Mrs. Spaulding?) when our younger daughter started school, VERY caring & loving, and extremely effective. I've met the new principal, Mr. Smith, and he seems very nice, as well, and can't wait to learn more about him and the direction he's taking the school. Website information about him would be great; some teachers' websites are excellent tools and are current; I hope Mr. Smith will continue to push for this type of communication from the teachers to parents. I've also loved it that there is a presence at the morning carpool drop-off; not all schools have this (eye contact, waves, smiles and greet the children and parents), so I strongly commend this school for this practice.

Posted April 20, 2012
We had our son originally in a private Christian school for kindergarten and then transferred him to River Dell starting for first grade. We could not be more pleased with River Dell. The administration, the teachers and everyone associated with the school does a first rate job. Our son loves it much more than his previous school. Everyone is very warm and truly cares about the learning and well-being of the children. Our son is really thriving.

Posted February 14, 2012
We enrolled our grand daughter there shortly after the school year started. The teachers and staff were great in helping her to aclimate. Our grand daughter just loves River Dell and her teachers. The school is clean and bright which makes it a great atmosphere for learning.

Posted February 17, 2011
Excellent school, we were thrilled with everything about it. We have had experience with several elementary schools between our two children. I have to say that River Dell is really what everyone here is saying. I cannot say enough good things about the principal, I really have never seen a more involved, caring person. My daughter just graduated last year and although middle school is going well, I miss the people at River Dell.

River Dell Elementary

Posted September 22, 2010
River Dell is a great school. The principal and staff are very much available to parents and encourage contact with parents. They are all very caring and hold themselves to the highest standards.

Posted June 21, 2010
Absolutely wonderful school...exceeds all expectations...my three children enjoy each day and as a parent I could not be happier! Very open communication between teachers and parents, the principal is absolutely wonderful...so glad I live in this school district! A+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Posted May 13, 2010
River Dell Elementary is an Excellent school. The teachers are wonderful and create an exciting learning environment for the children. The Principle and Asst. Principle make parents feel welcome and encourage a very friendly and nurturing atmosphere. The school makes good use of their website and teacher / parent communications. Movie nights and dances, lend to the feeling of community within the school. I've had one child go through 5th grade in this school and now have my second attending and I wouldn't choose any other school!

River Dell Elementary
12100 Buffalo Road, Clayton, NC  27527
Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. (919) 553-1977
Last modified River Dell Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.