Clyde Elementary 2

Posted August 24, 2014
I am so sad that the administration at this school for the past 4 years has ruined the family atmosphere of this school! Poor choices from the superintendent have placed principals at Clyde that have gotten rid of veteran teachers and staff .... Staff that had worked together for years to make Clyde the best school in the county! Parents wanted their children to come to Clyde because they knew they would be encouraged to do well and succeed. Parents were welcomed to volunteer and be a part of the school. Now there are few teachers who can mentor the many new teachers in the school. The atmosphere is one of unrest and fear of "who is going to be next" ! Parents have pulled their children out of Clyde to homeschool them or taken them to other schools because scores at Clyde have gone down...could this be in correlation to bad choices in administrators??? Parents do not feel welcome.... The community is afraid to express their concerns because anyone who has, has been targeted and persecuted by the superintendent! How long will this community's children be forced to endure the poor choices of the evil superintendent who is intent on bringing down a great school and community?
3 people found this helpful

Clyde Elementary 3

Posted October 15, 2012
The best advice I can give you is to NOT become an employee at this school. The administration is HORRIBLE! Dr. J is the principal and while she seems very grandmotherly, she is very FAKE! A total of 7 (SEVEN) teachers have resigned in the past four months! This woman is very vindictive, and wants to micromanage EVERYTHING. Teachers at this school fear for their jobs, so they are forced to tolerate a demeaning bully and uncompassionate administrator who creates a hostile work enviroment. She constantly manipulates situations to make herself look good. Despite numerous complaints by both parents and staff, she still remains to keep her job. As long as she is there, Clyde Elementary will continue to lose awesome teachers! Clyde has a lot to offer students, but would you want your child to be in a school where you are not welcome as a parent? You can not trust this administator. She acts unethically! I have never met a more hateful person in my life. I certainly do not want my child in a school where I feel I am not welcome. Just beware....
3 people found this helpful

Posted May 27, 2009
We have children who started here in K and now are in 3rd grade. We also have another Kindergartner this year. The principal is awesome here. Very involved in the children and their needs. We have two children who needed help in math,one was tested for a math disability and has one. We received thier full support. The teachers are loving and very supportive of all children. We are leaving the area and we are very disappointed about leaving the school. Very afraid that we can't find one to match this one.

Posted April 28, 2008

Posted May 29, 2007
I have dealt with a total of three elementary schools in this area and with one of the middle schools. I have two special needs children and this has been the best experience I have ever had with the school system. I would highly recommend Clyde Elementary School.

Posted February 28, 2005
this is such a wonderful school.The teacher and staft are great and very helpful in any and everyway.

Clyde Elementary
4182 Old Clyde Road, Clyde, NC  28721
Last modified Clyde Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clyde Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.