Posted June 01, 2014
The teachers and staff at Colfax truly care about our children. Everyone has high expectations for academics as well as behavior. Children are challenged to reach their highest potential, regardless of their ability. Parent involvement is welcomed and encouraged. Many fun student-centered activities round out this wonderful school.

Colfax Elementary School 3

Posted March 31, 2014
Good school and for the most part good teachers. I give two thumbs up on the principle Mrs. Thigpen, she seems very involved with the students and was very involved when we had an issue with bullying. Education is top knotch, but agree with other reviews. If your student is struggling he or she will be left behind. The teachers tend to worry more about test scores than the students and their learning needs. Somethings gotta give. This is the only reason I gave it 3 stars. Overall a decent school and good diversity.

Posted June 01, 2012
My son struggled at the school he was assigned to in Kindergarten. The school did not provide any support to help resolve the issues. I transferred him to Colfax in first grade and have been extremely impressed with the school's help in getting my son up to grade level. They have provided so much support for his educational and behavioral growth that he has become an A-B honor roll student!! I can't say enough good things about this school and their staff. Thank you!

Colfax Elementary School 2

Posted August 28, 2011
I agree with other parents that 1) my kid is not learning at this school 2) the teacher is not helping and 3) there are bullying in the school. We tried many times to make the principal aware of the situation but nothing has been done. One of the parent thinks other schools are "boosting up" their scores. The nearby schools Summerfield, EP Pearch, Northwest are all great schools and emphasis on learning. They score high because they are good schools. This school is a little better than some of the inner city schools but I can't see why it can be a great preparation for NW middle and high.

Posted March 16, 2011
Great school! Many other schools in the area put so much pressure on the kids to perform well on tests to inflate scores like these posted here, but this school offers so much more. It is a great preparation for NW middle and high.

Colfax Elementary School 0

Posted February 25, 2010
This year is my childs second year, last year was awful, my child fell behind and the teacher was of no help. I think she just ignored. This year the teacher is somewhat better but my child is not learning and they are not helping.

Posted February 11, 2010

Posted February 11, 2010
So far this year at colfax has not been that great my child was a average student and now he regressing and not making any progress. I do not think we have been treated well and no help has been given to improve my childs education. My child has to been bullied and nothing was done about it.

Posted January 26, 2010
This school is not the school for you if child struggles. We have two studnets here. One has trouble the other does not. The one that does not have trouble gets along famously and is treated as a smart student. The other is not treated well at all even though he is os average intellegence he istreated as if he is the probelm and there is no behavior issue.student. The staff has done little to help him and his teachers do not seem to care at all.

Posted January 07, 2010
Colfax Elementary is a great school. My child has grown tremendously since attending Colfax. It is nice to know that the administrators are approachable and help to be sure a good fit is made for the students.

Contact Information

9112 West Market Street
Colfax, NC 27235

School website

Colfax Elementary School
9112 West Market Street, Colfax, NC  27235
Last modified Colfax Elementary School is a public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Colfax Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.