Posted May 20, 2013
My school is the best school in the world and I love the teachers (most of them). I'm so glad I go to this school. It'd be cool if we had a swim team though.. and a pool, or something like that.

Posted December 13, 2007
All of the students and teachers are really helpful. We have many different clubs from a hackey sack club to FFA to HOSA and many others. Our athletics is very good. The teachers are always willing to help you if you need and education always comes first. And besides all of that its location is so beautiful. The atmosphere around it is really pretty and nice.

Posted September 07, 2007

Posted August 29, 2007
- a administrator
Our decision to let our son be educated in the Polk county school system was truly the best decision we've ever made. From pre-school until his 2007 graduation, we were pleased every year. The integrity of the teachers and the principles, as well as their interest in the children's success is all any parent could ask for. The programs offered in the classroom and on the sports fields were impressive with both what was offered and the results. We're very proud to say that our child graduated from Polk County High. Because of the fine education he received there, he is now attending UNC @ Chapel Hill, which anyone will tell you, is not an easy thing to do. Our gratitude to the staff of Polk Central and Polk High School cannot be measured. But they are to be congratulated for the outstanding job that they are doing.

Posted October 17, 2006
I attend PCHS and I love it. They have Theater Arts and Future Farmers of America programs. They are also very into sports, but education comes first.Teachers also help the students out if the students or parents ask for it.

Posted August 14, 2006
PCHS is awesome! There are activities there that you can't find at other schools (school farm, ischool, dual enrollment...). Most of the teachers are very caring and the faculty is very student oriented. It is a safe and clean environment. I teach at PCHS but live in another county. My children will attend PCHS because it is far superior to any surrounding schools (and I have attended and taught at nearby schools).

Posted May 31, 2006
This is the best school around, academically and athletically. Both of my children attended PCHS and they thoroughly enjoyed the school. It is set in a beautiful enviroment with peaceful surroundings.

Posted May 27, 2006

Polk County High School 4

Posted May 03, 2004
- a former student

Posted November 05, 2003

Polk County High School
1681 NC 108 Highway East, Columbus, NC  28722
Last modified Polk County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Polk County High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.