Posted January 16, 2013
Cannon is an amazing school! When I first enrolled as a sophomore in high school it helped my academics take a 360. I started with barely a 2.5 GPA and graduated with close to a 3.5. Besides the improvement I saw in my GPA my sense of accomplishment and self confidence sky rocketed. The staff, and students as well help attain a family-like atmosphere allowing everyone to feel like family. Although at times it may seem like it involves a lot of "keeping up with the jones'", it is worth a lifetime to look beyond that flaw. I have never lost sight of my dreams because of the confidence I gained at Cannon and the support I still receive to this day at 21, from former teachers and college counselors. Cannon truly changed my life and I think its worth while for everyone to give it a shot!

Posted January 15, 2013
My son transferred into Cannon as an 8th grader this year, and it's been a great experience. I could not be happier with this choice! My son actually enjoys school again and loves being challenged in the classroom. The staff, coaches, teachers and support personnel have been fantastic to him and were welcoming from the beginning. I only wish he would have entered in the 7th grade. Kudos to Cannon

Posted November 19, 2012
Our family moved to NC one year ago (from the Northeast) and was faced with the very big decision of finding the "right" school for our 3rd, 6th and 9th grade children. We looked at public, private and parhochial options in the greater Charlotte area. It was at Cannon that we, and our children, felt most welcome. Cannon took a sincere interest in getting to know our children and helping them with their mid-year transition. Moreover, it was at Cannon that we felt our children would not only be challenged academically, but asked to expand beyond their comfort zones and to consider the world around them. I commend Cannon for looking at the whole student and helping each student become not only well schooled, but adaptive experts who will be able to face the changing world that lies ahead of them. This overall "whole person" adaptive educational approach starts in the lower school and continues through the upper school. It is a wonderful partnership at Cannon between the leading administration, well qualified, caring teachers, parents and students that make this an ideal school. I recommend Cannon most highly and without reservation!

Posted November 15, 2012
We couldn't be happier at Cannon. I do not know any different as we started in Jr K. My kids are upset if they have to miss school. There are a few teachers who have moved to Cannon from the public school system and they have said that they couldn't be happier and that Cannon is "SIMPLY THE BEST". They should be the advocates for the school b/c they have seen it from both sides.

Posted November 15, 2012
We are a 3rd year Cannon Family. While the move from public to private was a very difficult decision for our family, it was absolutely the right choice. Cannon School was the right choice. My eighth grader has been learning and growing as a person and student more each year since he started at Cannon. My 4th grader is new to Cannon this year and is happier at school than I have ever seen her, even while we came from an excellent elementary school that we loved. Teachers and administration care and truly get to know your children and help them find ways to shine and become well-rounded student s and people. Raising good students and people is a team effort at Cannon and my kids love going to school.

Posted October 08, 2012
We are planning on moving our children out of Davidson Day School to Cannon. I have read many of the reviews and would like to know if any parents can compare the two schools and what we may expect at Cannon.

Posted August 30, 2012
This school has figured out school administration. It seems to me that much care and thought has gone into making this a place where the students are able to learn. Leadership makes a school and Cannon seems to be led well. The students in highschool are engaged and fairly serious about their work. That is saying something for a school in a state where "dumb is cool" and football rules.

Cannon School 2

Posted August 15, 2012
If your child is an excellent student and never has any issues and you are very wealthy (or work there) then this school can be a decent place. If you are different than anyone at a wealthy GOP fundraiser than you will be out of place here. My kids attended and the stress to fit in can unbearable when money got tight.

Cannon School 1

Posted April 21, 2012
Ugh! Cookie cutter academics hiding behind arrogance. We are moving on to a private school closer to home that really challenges kids by making them think for themselves.

Posted April 13, 2012
My child spent 13 years at Cannon. I am of the view that the best way to accurately measure a school's value is how a child performs at the next level. After having his pick of highly selective colleges and universities, he has moved seamlessly into a successful college experience. He is set to graduate in less than 4 years with a double major, all the while holding multiple leadership positions at the school. Interestingly, his grades in college are higher than his grades at Cannon. While some may point to that as a drawback, I see it as confirmation of the quality of the preparation he received at Cannon. To the teachers and staff at Cannon my only message is, simply, thank you!

Cannon School
5801 Poplar Tent Road, Concord, NC  28027
Last modified Cannon School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Cannon School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 66 reviews.