PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

cfa Academy 3

Posted June 08, 2016
I wish there were a 2.5 star rating. The elementary school is great. Nothing negative to say there. But, starting in MS, and esp in HS, you won't get what you pay for, in my opinion. There is ZERO consistency. The rules look good on paper, but they are NOT enforced. Something that one may get detention for on Tuesday will be just fine on Wednesday - depending on whose class you're sitting in and the mood of administration on that day. I've seen students wear clothing that is clearly, without question, inappropriate and nothing is said, while others will be written up for wearing a plain-colored, non-offensive t-shirt. "Community service" will typically consist of running errands for the principal or cleaning the office/classrooms. Yes, there is favoritism. And yes, I am quite sure there are some teachers who give (high) grades that are not earned (my own being recipient of such grades). The students are not held accountable when they don't show responsibility. Don't be too quick to think that the negative reviews of this school are simply disgruntled parents/students. I'm sure there are families who have had nothing but good experiences at cfa. But there are just some things that some people will see and others won't. No school is perfect. There are positives to sending your children to cfa Academy, such as the small class size, the close, lasting friendships the kids form with one another, and the fact that they have chapel every week. But if it is of utmost importance to you to have the highest advantages of a private/Christian school for your children...Just do your research, pray, and spend your hard-earned money well.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 30, 2016
Because they use the principles set forth in the greatest book ever written, the Bible.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 30, 2016
Our son struggled in public school. Since making the decision to enter him in CFA we have seen great results in his academics, attitude, and character. We thought we'd try it for a year to see how it went, now we can't imagine him anywhere else.

Posted May 26, 2016
CFA Academy has been such a blessing to our family. Our son has always been exposed to a Christ-centered educational environment for the past several years beginning with Pre-K. Two years ago we decided to change him from the Christian school he attended from Pre-K to 2nd grade for a more well-rounded Christian and loving environment. The teachers at CFA Academy are extremely caring and response to the needs of the students growth.

Posted May 11, 2016
When I enrolled my child at CFA, I didn't want her to be just another kid in a classroom. She has thrived in more ways than I ever expected. We have been @ CFA for 3 years and she surprises me constantly with what she learns. My child has had special bonds with her teachers that show they care with love and support.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 11, 2016
Our current 2nd grade teacher. She is an amazing person! My child is loved and supported and we find comfort knowing she will be cared for everyday she is there.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted May 11, 2016
I feel this school sets expectations. From the dress code to the curriculum. With that, comes respect.

154 Warren C Coleman Boulevard North, Concord, NC  28027