PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

I wish there were a 2.5 star rating. The elementary school is great. Nothing negative to say there. But, starting in MS, and esp in HS, you won't get what you pay for, in my opinion. There is ZERO consistency. The rules look good on paper, but they are NOT enforced. Something that one may get detention for on Tuesday will be just fine on Wednesday - depending on whose class you're sitting in and the mood of administration on that day. I've seen students wear clothing that is clearly, without question, inappropriate and nothing is said, while others will be written up for wearing a plain-colored, non-offensive t-shirt. "Community service" will typically consist of running errands for the principal or cleaning the office/classrooms. Yes, there is favoritism. And yes, I am quite sure there are some teachers who give (high) grades that are not earned (my own being recipient of such grades). The students are not held accountable when they don't show responsibility. Don't be too quick to think that the negative reviews of this school are simply disgruntled parents/students. I'm sure there are families who have had nothing but good experiences at cfa. But there are just some things that some people will see and others won't. No school is perfect. There are positives to sending your children to cfa Academy, such as the small class size, the close, lasting friendships the kids form with one another, and the fact that they have chapel every week. But if it is of utmost importance to you to have the highest advantages of a private/Christian school for your children...Just do your research, pray, and spend your hard-earned money well.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Because they use the principles set forth in the greatest book ever written, the Bible.

Our son struggled in public school. Since making the decision to enter him in CFA we have seen great results in his academics, attitude, and character. We thought we'd try it for a year to see how it went, now we can't imagine him anywhere else.

CFA Academy has been such a blessing to our family. Our son has always been exposed to a Christ-centered educational environment for the past several years beginning with Pre-K. Two years ago we decided to change him from the Christian school he attended from Pre-K to 2nd grade for a more well-rounded Christian and loving environment. The teachers at CFA Academy are extremely caring and response to the needs of the students growth.

When I enrolled my child at CFA, I didn't want her to be just another kid in a classroom. She has thrived in more ways than I ever expected. We have been @ CFA for 3 years and she surprises me constantly with what she learns. My child has had special bonds with her teachers that show they care with love and support.

Develops character: Agree

Our current teacher does not reward tattle-telling. When students do not perform well on tasks, they are given praise and encouragement.

We have had an excellent four years at the CFA Academy. My daughter, who is currently in the 2nd grade, has found the teachers helpful and the curriculum adequately challenging. She enjoys going to school each day where learning is fun. The teachers are great by keeping the parents informed on your child's progress. They are willing to assist with all children to ensure they get what is needed in order for them to thrive. I am looking forward to upcoming years at CFA Academy.

I have 2 sons, both attending cfa Academy. My boys have had some challenges due to speech delays and disfluency. The teachers and administration were very understanding and patient to work with us when we had to travel to a public school therapist. The teachers were open and communicative with us regarding classroom & education needs pertaining to their speech challenges. My two boys have blossomed here, I feel, due to the smaller classroom sizes, Christian atmosphere, & experienced teachers.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

No, many of the students at this school are horribly racist, rude, obnoxious and uncaring towards others.

The curriculum for this school is truly watered down for a so called christian school. They are money hungry and live in your pockets. They force your children to bring in food for every student in their classsroom for their "International Food Festival", or else it affects their grades. Insane! They force you to participate in their fundraisers or else your children will not be allowed to participate, on a regular school day, in a party they plan for only the children who brought in money from the fundraiser. They make your children sit in the office if they come to school on this day. Discriminatory!!! This CFA industry has to be racking in over a million dollars per year. It still is not enough.They beg for money and all kinds of things every month for things they should provide. They have no gym for grades k-8, only high schoolers. Why pay over $6,000 a year for this poor arrangement. The staff truly favors certain children, not very fair with all the children. They are not on one page and very late with providing you with school calendar and events. It is all about your money!!! Get ready to pay out on top of tuition and over priced lunch!!! CFA says, "show me the money"!

Last modified cfa Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12