Posted June 10, 2014
Teacher's own kids get special treatment! They get the leading parts in musicals and plays. My child's teacher told them to NOT tell their parents what happened in school one day or it would be worse on them. What teacher tells a child NOT to tell their parents things? The principal was of no help! ALL the kids can make good grades. Bonus points are based on how many points you need to make a good grade. Some friends tried getting their child into other schools based on the end of the year testing and couldn't believe their child didn't get in. They had A's all year long???? No, they were GIVEN A's. Turning in homework and projects on time? No worries, here you can turn in homework when you want basically. If you can keep your mouth SHUT, tolerate your child being upset and terrified on a weekly basis then this is the school for you. I couldn't get my child out soon enough! Kids who have left in the 4th/5th grade where so far behind in math vs. public schools. $500/mo for this? Your hands are tied there. As a parent you can't reach out to the teacher nor the principal. I would NOT recommend this school!

Posted April 02, 2014
I am an alumni of First Assembly Christian School. I was valedictorian of the class of 1984. I logged onto this website to see if there were any plans for a thirty year reunion. I found none. I did, however, read your reviews. Obviously I have not been around for a while and have no idea what is going on in the school today. I wanted to remind all of you that there are no perfect schools. There are no perfect students, parents nor teachers. I think that is something we all forget sometimes. I have nothing but the happiest memories of my days at FACS. My time there was a blessing in my life. I hope this years graduating class and those in the future will have as fond of memories of there school as I hold in my heart...................Kristina Lynn Smith, Class of 1984.

Posted March 04, 2014
Wow!! I can't believe some of these bad reviews...... Both of our kids go here and we love it. We have had wonderful support from teachers and administration! No school is perfect but our kids love it. One of our kids started out in public school and it wasn't a great experience. There was so much anxiety with all the public school testing and I feel we made a great choice in going to CFA Academy.

Posted January 29, 2014
Do you know why the reviews go from "love it" to "hate it"? It's because the administration plays favorites. The way it works is you come in, keep your mouth shut and never EVER question them. If you step out of line once, you are forever on their list. No forgiveness, no patience, no tolerance. From the on they either make sure to torment up you any chance they have. The teachers literally believe they are the supreme authority of the students lives on and off campus. What's worse is that they hold little to no respect for the students privacy, they check their social media and look through their text messages if they take their phone. The students can't do anything about it either as it will always end with the student being in more trouble for "causing trouble." Not only are the teachers horrid, but they leadership is just sad. They have no backbone and won't stand up to anyone as long as their pockets are filled. They can't even enforce any other rules beside the dress code and phone rules. If you are reading this and your children attend this school, take it for someone who's been inside and seen behind the fake, smiling faces: You need to remove them now.

Posted January 26, 2014
This school is wonderful! The teachers are awesome! Issues/problems handled quickly! No bullying tolerated! No "wrong" crowds! The teachers actually CARE ABOUT THE STUDENTS! Love love love this school!!

First Assembly Christian School 4

Posted December 01, 2013
I attended this school for 14 years, & I am thankful for my experience. Reading the other reviews, I can agree on both sides. I do agree that this school has some issues with discipline & other minor things. On the other hand, I believe that the teachers only want the best for their students. Any issues with students speaking out and not being disciplined is primarily from poor parenting. The teachers can only do so much with all the laws these days & they are also human and can only take so much. I sincerely love every teacher I had. The "mean" ones & the easy ones. They each taught me something that I have carried into my collegiate career. The thing I am most thankful for is the Christian atmosphere. I understand that it is not overly Christian, maybe some want that, but you cannot force Christianity upon students. If you do that, then they may never come to Christ. Jesus did not force people to listen to him, but led by example & brought people to salvation that way. I realize that this school is not perfect, but I would not trade my time here for anything in the world. If you want a perfect school you will never find it, but this one strives to be better daily. Thank you,FACS!

Posted September 18, 2013
I hate to be the downer on here, but this is not a good school at all. I have to note that I can only speak for the elementary as I do not have a child in middle or high school yet. The teachers that I've had experience with lacked patience. I would catch the teachers yelling at the kids, which is not something I signed up for. Administration was not any better, will only cover up for their staff. There's really so much to tell, but I don't think I would have enough space for this page. If you don't care for a nurturing environment for your child and you're ok with them being yelled at for minor situations, then go for it. I ignored a few bad reviews and figured it was just a bickering parent that wanted to blast the school. Wow! wish I would have listened.

Posted December 20, 2011
We have two children attending Elementary School at FACS. We LOVE it! It has been a wonderful experience for both of our kids. Our first child attended public school for the first two years with a very below average experience to say the least. We feel this has been his best school year yet!! There are not enough good things to say about the students and staff at FACS!! The academics are very challenging with many extracurricular opportunities being offered. Our children's teachers are exceptional and truly care for the students. If you want a top notched education, choose FACS!!

Posted October 25, 2011
FACS High School offers traditional high school activities and sports as well as academics in a more controlled environment than traditional schools. The staff is very helpful and willing to work with students who demonstrate an interest in a course not offered at the school in a traditional fashion. They offer many honors and AP options as well. Impressed!

Posted October 05, 2011
You are better off sending your kids to public school. Poor administration, poor communication. This schools cares about one thing only....your check each month. Financial aid may or may not be available. And if it is count on about a 10% reduction. For the cost of tuition, you get an average education comparable to public school. They need to take the word Christian off of the building. Very high turn over rate for teachers.

First Assembly Christian School
154 Warren C Coleman Boulevard North, Concord, NC  28027
Last modified First Assembly Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
First Assembly Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews.