No rating

Covenant Classical School

Private | PK-12 | 235 students

Living in Concord

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $183,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $760.

Sweep tile

Posted August 25, 2011

So with this being my second review to complete my total, this is how I see it. I would put the children from this school up against those of ANY other school. I would put our teachers up against those from ANY other school. Any person who reads these reviews can call me personally and listen to all that I have to say. I am not a wealthy man. In fact, many of our parents are not wealthy. We have three Cabarrus County Deputies, City of Concord Firefighters, Mecklenburg County Government Employees, as well as many others who do not make great amounts of money who have their kids at this school. YET we still have one of the top schools (BOTH PUBLIC AND PRIVATE) in the ENTIRE NATION. My name is William Heath and my number is 704-794-8037. Call me and I will tell you all that I can. I am a parent. I am a supporter just like all of the others on here who have given this school a positive direction. For those who support the negative parent, you are probably not part of this wonderful school any longer. But we hope that you care enough to give them an education, not assert your personal feelings. This is an environment for them. Not for you. Please know your facts. For your's are wrong.

Posted August 19, 2011

We have been at Covenant for several years and have been VERY happy. Our child is in an environment that nurtures him physically and spiritually, allowing his education to be in sync with our Christian worldview. All of the teachers are seasoned professionals who love what they do and love their students. They truly want to instill a love of learning, and do so very successfully. Children at CCS learn Latin (starting in 3rd grade), and the history timelines that they learn in 3rd and 4th grade are beyond extraordinary. Parental involvement is strongly encouraged, and I have developed fantastic relationships with fellow Christian parents. We have a brand-new board which started to work in September of 2010, and is very open in its communication and is engaged in every aspect of the school. Covenant is very much a family to us and we cannot imagine being anywhere else!

Posted August 17, 2011

This is a great private christian school and uses the classical method. Many parents have multiple kids enrolled in the school. The teachers are excellent. Parents who are not fully aware of the the classical method and benefits accrued, miss out on the advantages offered by the classical method. The school, offers a great learning experience with small classroom sizes. The administration is very open to parental involvement and many parents are actively involved in the classrooms on a daily basis. Parents who choose not to openly discuss any issues they face, or are unable to meet the very affordable tuition of this private school ( as in any other private school) choose to leave dis-satisfied. As a long time parent with multiple kids in this loving school, I cannot express how thankful I am in God's povidence in every aspect of this school

Posted June 5, 2011

This is a great school. I can't believe how much my children are learning. The classical approach makes sense, and teaching with a biblical word view will set truths in these young ones' hearts. I am excited about some of the new opportunities for upper school students and am impressed with the quality of the teaching staff. This is a Christ centered school from the classroom to the school board. No school is perfect, but this one is close.

Posted April 17, 2011

ccs is a great school. Hope they will do better. Wonderful teachers. Need some improvement

Posted August 14, 2010

The turnover and loss of excellent teachers has caused us concern as well as the hiring practices. There are still some stable teachers in the lower school ranks, however there has been a loss of many fine teachers in the last couple of years. The recent hiring practices seem to be based on nepotism (check website), friends of adminstrators, mothers of "hardship-scholarship" students and/or recent graduates that come with lower salary requirements as well as lower experience standards. Make sure you ask about the teacher your child will be placed with each year as turnover is prevalent and the loss of . Also, ask how they handle emotionally unstable kids and ADD. Our experience is they place multiple ADD kids in one room with a teacher that could not control them. We and other parents of non-ADD kids were not informed our kids would be in this environment.

Posted August 14, 2010

We had a mixed result with this school. We found the lower school to be very caring and teachers very capable. But never have a disagreement with a teacher. We had serious concerns over the teaching of a new, first semester teacher and were immediately in a situation with the headmaster, who yes lacked leadership, and with the board who was far more intent on saving face than holding their teacher accountable to biblical standards and their own policy manual. The school lacks leadership and a long-term strategic plan. After being funded for many years by a very wealthy local family who has since pulled their funding, the school struggles to maintain current quality standards and does not have the resources to compete against better funded schools which also provide a quality education and are able to provide a far greater variety of sports, arts and extra cirricular activities.

Posted June 2, 2010

My child attended this school and I was very disappointed , the school caters to certain students and the faculty and administration is somewhat snobbish. Although the curriculum was impressive there was not much of a spiritual emphasis.

Posted April 17, 2008

My daughter loves her school. We love the way they impart education to the students. We are struggling to keep my child at ccs but we trust God to give us the financial support every month.

Posted December 28, 2007

As a teacher, I couldn't be happier! As a parent, I have been impressed with how my children have been challenged spiritually and academically.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted December 27, 2007

great Christian School. The leader on the area. Truely making a difference.

Posted December 18, 2007

CCS is an amazing school. The quality of the education my children are receiving is unbelieveable. My 2nd grader already knows his multiplication tables and the Greek alphabet and studies logic. In kindergarten, the children begin reciting Bible verses in front of the class. My current kindergartener is already reading and it isn't even Christmas yet! In addition to the advanced curriculum, the children are taught morals and manners. A true classical education. A wonderful choice for anybody!

Posted December 17, 2007

My son has been at Covenant Classical School for 7 years. It is amazing the method of teaching he has had and how he has been taught each subject with the foundation of God's Word. The teachers and staff at Covenant Classical all display Christ like leadership. We would have him no where else.

Posted September 7, 2004

Our children have been here at CCS for 5 years. We have been pleased with the Christ like leadership that is present in the teachers, board, parents and headmaster. The academic excellence has differentiated itself from other schools in the area. Our children also participate in the sports at CCS and we are grateful to see how the parents and families support these activities.

Posted June 4, 2004

My child has attended CCS for two years. He has had excellent teachers, who have put God first and have modeled this in their classroom and personal lives. I have been tremendously blessed to have my child at CCS and look forward to many more rewarding years there. The school has an tremendous curriculum that is always improving. The school offers small classroom sizes and has a family atmosphere that is remarkable.

Asian 2% N/A
Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander 2% N/A
American Indian/Alaskan Native 0% 2%
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• ACCS
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (704) 792-2102

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Supports home-based learning
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious