Concord, NC
After care: No

Posted February 19, 2015
In 2009, my family and I moved to Concord knowing nothing about classical education, yet the mission of Covenant Classical School was exactly what we wanted for our children and their education. CCS's priority "is to provide an education of excellence, biblically based and classically taught, that will lead students to know and love God, develop strong minds and character, and arise as leaders and agents of cultural change". Perfect! We've now had all of our children (4) enrolled at CCS for six years and we could not be more pleased! We are thrilled with the new headmaster and strongly feel that the entire leadership team is poised to strategically grow CCS as an educational force in our community. So thankful to have such a treasure of a school as an option for our children!

Posted January 30, 2015
I have had my child at CCS for 2 years now and am so pleased with it. I did extensive research in public schools, private schools, and homeschooling before deciding to enter my child into kindergarten here and I couldn't be happier. I will do everything I can to keep my child in this school as long as possible. The school is small enough that all the students and staff know each other and the parents very well. This makes me feel like my son is in a safer environment than one might find at the local public schools. The curriculum is rigorous but still engaging for the children. The amount of information he knows at such a young age is amazing but not overwhelming because he enjoys every aspect of what he is learning and doing at the school. You can see how the curriculum helps the children become thinkers and contributors to their community with the interactions and behaviors of the older students. The staff go above and beyond their duties as teachers and admins everyday but taking a personal interest in each student. The communication with the parents is always open, thorough and invested. I cannot thoroughly express how great this school is. It is worth every penny.

Posted January 21, 2015
I am thrilled to have my daughter at CCS. The teachers are caring, the curriculum is challenging and students are taught the truth of God's Word.

Posted August 25, 2011
So with this being my second review to complete my total, this is how I see it. I would put the children from this school up against those of ANY other school. I would put our teachers up against those from ANY other school. Any person who reads these reviews can call me personally and listen to all that I have to say. I am not a wealthy man. In fact, many of our parents are not wealthy. We have three Cabarrus County Deputies, City of Concord Firefighters, Mecklenburg County Government Employees, as well as many others who do not make great amounts of money who have their kids at this school. YET we still have one of the top schools (BOTH PUBLIC AND PRIVATE) in the ENTIRE NATION. My name is William Heath and my number is 704-794-8037. Call me and I will tell you all that I can. I am a parent. I am a supporter just like all of the others on here who have given this school a positive direction. For those who support the negative parent, you are probably not part of this wonderful school any longer. But we hope that you care enough to give them an education, not assert your personal feelings. This is an environment for them. Not for you. Please know your facts. For your's are wrong.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 19, 2011
We have been at Covenant for several years and have been VERY happy. Our child is in an environment that nurtures him physically and spiritually, allowing his education to be in sync with our Christian worldview. All of the teachers are seasoned professionals who love what they do and love their students. They truly want to instill a love of learning, and do so very successfully. Children at CCS learn Latin (starting in 3rd grade), and the history timelines that they learn in 3rd and 4th grade are beyond extraordinary. Parental involvement is strongly encouraged, and I have developed fantastic relationships with fellow Christian parents. We have a brand-new board which started to work in September of 2010, and is very open in its communication and is engaged in every aspect of the school. Covenant is very much a family to us and we cannot imagine being anywhere else!

Posted August 17, 2011
This is a great private christian school and uses the classical method. Many parents have multiple kids enrolled in the school. The teachers are excellent. Parents who are not fully aware of the the classical method and benefits accrued, miss out on the advantages offered by the classical method. The school, offers a great learning experience with small classroom sizes. The administration is very open to parental involvement and many parents are actively involved in the classrooms on a daily basis. Parents who choose not to openly discuss any issues they face, or are unable to meet the very affordable tuition of this private school ( as in any other private school) choose to leave dis-satisfied. As a long time parent with multiple kids in this loving school, I cannot express how thankful I am in God's povidence in every aspect of this school

Posted June 05, 2011
This is a great school. I can't believe how much my children are learning. The classical approach makes sense, and teaching with a biblical word view will set truths in these young ones' hearts. I am excited about some of the new opportunities for upper school students and am impressed with the quality of the teaching staff. This is a Christ centered school from the classroom to the school board. No school is perfect, but this one is close.

Posted April 17, 2011
ccs is a great school. Hope they will do better. Wonderful teachers. Need some improvement

Covenant Classical School 1

Posted August 14, 2010
The turnover and loss of excellent teachers has caused us concern as well as the hiring practices. There are still some stable teachers in the lower school ranks, however there has been a loss of many fine teachers in the last couple of years. The recent hiring practices seem to be based on nepotism (check website), friends of adminstrators, mothers of "hardship-scholarship" students and/or recent graduates that come with lower salary requirements as well as lower experience standards. Make sure you ask about the teacher your child will be placed with each year as turnover is prevalent and the loss of . Also, ask how they handle emotionally unstable kids and ADD. Our experience is they place multiple ADD kids in one room with a teacher that could not control them. We and other parents of non-ADD kids were not informed our kids would be in this environment.

Covenant Classical School 1

Posted August 14, 2010
We had a mixed result with this school. We found the lower school to be very caring and teachers very capable. But never have a disagreement with a teacher. We had serious concerns over the teaching of a new, first semester teacher and were immediately in a situation with the headmaster, who yes lacked leadership, and with the board who was far more intent on saving face than holding their teacher accountable to biblical standards and their own policy manual. The school lacks leadership and a long-term strategic plan. After being funded for many years by a very wealthy local family who has since pulled their funding, the school struggles to maintain current quality standards and does not have the resources to compete against better funded schools which also provide a quality education and are able to provide a far greater variety of sports, arts and extra cirricular activities.

Covenant Classical School
3200 Patrick Henry Drive Northwest, Concord, NC  28027
Last modified Covenant Classical School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Covenant Classical School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top