Posted June 09, 2014
Very disappointed in this school. I really don't feel that the teachers or administrators want to hear from the parents or genuinely want to help those kids. When a problem is brought to their attention, they just 'sweep it under the rug'. Thank God he's now going to a different school,.

Posted June 09, 2014

Child Care Griffin Middle 2

Posted March 24, 2014
Extremely dissappointed. Before entering this school, my child was in the 94th percentile in math in North Carolina and the 88th percentile in reading in North Carolina. In only two years my son's percentile ranking has dropped 30 points in math and 41 points in reading. This year I was informed that my son had been placed in a math class with 18 students with learning disabilities. When I questioned his class placement, I was told that he was getting the same Common Core Curriculum as all other students. However, when I compared his homework assignments with students in other math classes, it was apparent that my child was being short-changed. As a hard working tax payer I am dissappointed and feel my child has been cheated. Not only was I lied to about what education my child was getting, but when confronted the administration tried to cover it up. Finally, after calling the county district offices was my son placed in a math class where he feels he is being challenged. Currently, my son is enrolled in Sylvan to catch up to where he once was. Cabarrus county schools should reimburse me the fees paid to Sylvan. Be careful your child isn't placed in a dual-inclusive classroom.

Child Care Griffin Middle 5

Posted December 30, 2013
I love this school. Everyone has been so wonderful to us. We moved here over the summer last year. Any time I have needed someone up there, I have always had a return call within 30 min. Very happy here.

Posted October 21, 2013
I am very unhappy with this school. My child has been bullied by both students and teachers. The administration and athletic staff need overhauls. There is a lack of genuineness, discipline and equality. Phone calls are not returned in a timely manner, and some calls are not returned at all. Promises are made and not kept. There are a few good teachers but unfortunately, they are the exception.

Posted October 03, 2013
Sorry I mistyped in my prior pst so I had the wrong spelling for the word opportunities.

Child Care Griffin Middle 2

Posted March 01, 2012
My daughter attended CCG for 2 years and then after her wanting to try the new program at JN Fries she realized it was to difficult for her and I brought her back to CC Griffin for her last year. that was the biggest mistake I could have made for her. She is going through some difficult times and is seeing counseling however her current teachers have it in their minds that she is "trouble" so every thing that comes out of her mouth they give her rr or iss. Yesterday was the last straw and if i have to home school her I will do that. She came back to CCG with a great attitude and now she hates school all her teachers and doesn't want to go back. The only person she respects and feels respected by is Ms. Bullock. It is sad that a child who had, academic difficulties for 2 years came back after a month of JNF and started to excel be put down to this. Now I am not saying that everything that went wrong was not part of my daughter's doing on her self, however once she is marked that is it, she can just look at you the wrong way and they write her up. I have truly had enough of the way this school operates and will be seeking different means for my child.

Child Care Griffin Middle 5

Posted February 20, 2012
i attend this school and one day we had a guidence lesson , and our guidence teacher asked everyone in my class what we thaught about this school and a lot of them said it was strict but some of the other kids said it was helpful, fun, friendly, and just like any other school. Most teachers have many fun ways to teach instead of just doing bookwork. If we were bad one day they would give us bookwork. This school also has a diffrent guidence counselor for every grade and kids ALWAYS have the chance to go to her. currently im in 7th grade and i saw some 8th graders doing an activy like a scavengar hunt related to a subject they were doing and i am so excited to get to do that next year.

Posted January 25, 2012
This school regretfully does not serve the needs of all children. The current Principal, does not believe that average children should have the opportunity to participate in rigorous courses. The school has extremely poor customer service and it is impossible to get someone to return your phone call, unless you contact the district office. The school staff and administration know absolutely nothing about confidentiality. If you have another option, take it!

Child Care Griffin Middle 3

Posted November 05, 2009
My son attended Harris Road Middle and transferred to CC Griffin Middle. He was, to my surprise, disappointed with the lack of structure, and mutual respect and discipline at CC Griffin. My second child now attends CC Griffin and with more exposure feel I can regretfully share his opinion.

Child Care Griffin Middle
7650 Griffins Gate Drive Southwest, Concord, NC  28025
Last modified Child Care Griffin Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Child Care Griffin Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.