Concord, NC
Students enrolled: 1,105

Harris Road Middle 3

Posted April 14, 2015
There are parts of Harris Road that are very good. My daughter has had some very good teachers at this school who care about their students and consequently she has been very successful in school. I feel like she is getting a good education. However, the administration of the school-specifically both the principal and the assistant principal are TERRIBLE. Trying to address concerns with them in a constructive way has no effect. They are rude, condescending and dismissive. If you look at the reviews of the school over the past years, you'll clearly see that the current administration needs to be removed and replaced with leaders who care about the students, parents and environment of the school.

Posted February 24, 2015
Harris Road is a disappointment..... The kids are disrespectful of the teachers and each other. Most kids don't even know who their principal is. My child has learned very little this year. Since the beginning of the school year, he has only been given homophone tests and 1 vocab test in ELA. His teacher doesn't go over the words to prepare for the tests. The kids are not punished for inappropriate behaviors, and teachers seem oblivious to the fact that kids are being constantly bullied. There are clear "favorites" who seem to get away with anything. The principal doesn't even pretend to care when you go to him with an issue. The school has been so bad that we are moving out of district to send our kids to a new school next year.

Posted February 23, 2015
Our kids are now coming home driveling a bunch of air-headed babble, constantly spewing words like "bae", "cray-cray", and such. Their teachers could teach them what "bae" means in another language (which isn't school appropriate information), but they won't lift a finger to help students improve in English or simple math. The students we've met don't seem to know as much as other kids from nearby middle schools, including the Title I schools in Mecklenburg just over the county line. It's like the school would rather serve to be a communal ground where kids can hang out and teachers get paid to do little more than be present. The kids come home saying they learned very little, and their grades reflect that.

Posted May 01, 2014
Before the current principal was assigned to Harris Road this "was" a great school but...it has changed drastically. As a parent I have experienced the same unprofessional conduct, rolling eyes & ZERO concern for my child as I read in other reviews from parents in regard to the current principal's demeanor . If the county sincerely has the best interest of the children at heart they need to assign another principal to the school who can maintain a professional attitude and manage this school productively, proactively and professionally and assign a principal who actually cares for the children. As what the students deserve and the parents need to see a tremendous change in.

Posted April 18, 2014
My son attends this school and we are all very pleased. We moved here from the Atlanta area this past Summer. Great communication and my son is thriving. He loves his 7th grade teachers. We picked Cabarrus County to live because of their excellent schools and no regrets.

Posted December 15, 2013
Worst experience I've ever had with a school! Bullies run the school. Teachers do very little teaching. We spend hours on homework because my child comes home without ever being taught. Many other parents have voiced the same concern when it comes to their children as well. The principals are extremely unprofessional and have ZERO concern for my child. I have spoken to several of them and have been shocked at their lack of professionalism. They don't return phone calls, they roll their eyes at you when your speaking, and they make it obvious that they simple don't care about your child. If you can, choose to go to another school. Unless your child is a bully, this isn't the place for you!

Posted September 06, 2013
I'm starting here in a few weeks (I'm late), but I've heard it's very nice here and I can't wait to try it.

Posted December 16, 2011
This school was amazing. I made many great friends and it was a very nuturing evnvironment. The teachers were fantastic and legitamitely cared about you. I couldn't have gone to a better middle school.

Posted August 10, 2011
I just recently graduated Harris Road Middle School, and I loved it. All three years at HRMS were exceptionally well!! The teachers and staff are wonderful! They are caring and understanding. I never had a problem talking to one of the teachers, I was always comfortable. The classes are great as well!! I learned a lot from all of my teachers, and was able to explore things I never knew were possible!! And the school spirit is absolutely outstanding! I'll never forget this school. GO PATRIOTS! (:

Posted July 18, 2011
Wrost School Ever Crowded Yhu qet Bullied..! The Teachers are very mean theres to much drama i always got sented to iss for no reason...!

Harris Road Middle
1251 Patriot Plantation Boulevard, Concord, NC  28027
(704) 782-2002
Last modified Harris Road Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harris Road Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top