Concord, NC
Students enrolled: 1,105

Harris Road Middle 2

Posted August 09, 2015
The principal at this school has not taken the preventative measures to prevent bullying in this school. There is no research based program in place, and the admin team seems to think blaming the victim is okay, "He needs to tell someone." Really? That is not a proper response. The culture of the school needs to be cultivated and research based methods put into place. Just because many of the kids come from wealthy households does not mean that bullying doesn't occur. Just because the principal thinks that this is a "good" school doesn't mean there doesn't need to be something done. Someone should sue. It is too late in this day and age to not have a plan. Teachers need a leader and he needs to step up.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 01, 2015
I feel like some teachers would explain things easier and give us easy ways to remember things, while others would just read out of a textbook and that would be it, and we would have to figure it out by ourselves, most of the time having to Google what we learn to figure it out.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 01, 2015
We were given a good amount of homework, but sometimes I really didn't understand how to do it, and the teacher wouldn't go over it with us in class the next day.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted August 01, 2015
It depends on the teacher. Some teachers would help the students and make sure that they succeed, and others wouldn't even bother helping the students who needed help, and would let them fail.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted August 01, 2015
It really depends on if your teacher likes you. If a teacher likes you, they will always make sure you are happy and make sure you are enjoying school. If your teacher does not like you or even have any opinion on you, your feelings will be put to the side and never address it.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted August 01, 2015
As a student, I don't believe that some kids were treated fairly. Some teachers either love or hate you, and sometimes it's for no reason at all. If a teacher favors you, they will always put you first in their priorities before all the other students.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 31, 2015
Respect???? I don't think that the teachers can even define that word so don't expect the students to learn respect at Harris Road.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 31, 2015
The principal could care less about my child. He acted like I was wasting his time every time I spoke with him. My child struggled to go to school everyday because of the incessant bullying. It broke my heart, but I didn't have the financial means to send him to a private school.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 31, 2015
There is an obvious favoritism among the students from the teachers and admin. They rule the school and are rarely punished for outrageous behavior.

Harris Road Middle 1

Posted July 31, 2015
My review was removed for some odd reason so here we go again...... Harris Road is run by an unprofessional administration who seems more concerned with winning bus races than their students. The principal had no professionalism and lacks emotion or empathy for the plight of some of the victims of bullying in his school. I've never seen kids that get away with everything. There are no consequences to the actions of outright cruel bullying. My son was physically assaulted and verbally abused constantly and nothing was done. God bless any child that has to go to Harris Road.

1251 Patriot Plantation Boulevard, Concord, NC  28027
(704) 782-2002
Last modified Harris Road Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harris Road Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top