Posted April 22, 2014
I have 2 children that attend Furr. I have to say that our teachers are worth their weight in gold. The classrooms are full of educational material while making it fun for the kids. We have many social opportunities for the children after school and seasonal festivities. There is a large number of "English second language" students but the school has come up with the Splash program for kindergarden. My only suggestion is that our school system adopt what the southwest states of the US do where the Spanish population is taught in classrooms in Spanish but 1/3 of the day is all English skills. This is a system issue however. There are 2 playgrounds and a large field for play. This is a green school, so no pesticides or harsh cleaning chemicals inside. The library is stocked as well as the classroom libraries. The lunchroom is clean and the staff there are so patient with the kids. They do an amazing job of honoring kids character not just honor roll and grades. This goes to show what a great school and staff we have!

Posted April 18, 2014
My children have attended CAFE for three years now and we have been pleased with their teachers and the quality of instruction. They look forward to school each day. Parents are welcomed at the school and given many choices to volunteer in their children's classrooms. My kindergardener started the SPLASH program this year and loves it! We had several other options for elementary school in 2013-2014 but decided to stay at Furr because its a great school. I highly recommend CAFE.

Posted April 14, 2014
CAFE is by far one of the best schools that I have seen in the county. The teachers here care more about the students than anything I ever received while in school. The administrative staff is also very knowledgeable of what the students need. They really do know the children 'personally' and put aside so much to be sure that ALL of our students get the best education possible. I have been active with the PTO each year and have truly seen what our school (teachers & administrators) sacrifice for our children, how much they care for our children, and most of all how much they love our children. It's a true source of pride to me that now since I have moved to the middle school PTSO we are always looking for ways to "do it like CAFE". I truly love our school and hate to be "graduating" next year; however, rest assured that there are still lots of parents at CAFE who will continue to work hard to make CAFE the best it has ever been, and they would certainly welcome you as a volunteer!

Posted April 14, 2014
Furr is an incredible school with a strong teaching staff dedicated to serve the students. They are constantly dedicating their time and devotion to giving their best to the kids.

Posted April 14, 2014
Talented & Caring teachers. Wonderful administration. Clean & beautiful campus with modern & fun playgrounds. Best school in Cabarrus County!

Posted April 13, 2014
Both of my children have attended the school from kindergarten through 5th grade. I have one child who is in AIG classes and one that is in E.C. and has an i.e.p. I can tell you that they have been amazing on both ends of the spectrum and very willing to work with us to help my children acheive the most they can achieve. The teachers truly love their kids and it shows and the kids truly love their teachers. We feel very blessed to have found the school.

Posted April 13, 2014
Wonderful staff! My daughter looks forward to going to school each day! Mrs. Martin is the best!

Posted July 31, 2013
Great teachers, school, and principal. My daughter has learned a lot and done very well here.

Posted January 28, 2013
We came from a Hallmark Hall of Fame school in Ohio that was excellent, top to bottom. Furr is just as good, and we have been very happy here for the last 4 years. All (4) of our children have enjoyed it and are thriving there now and at Winkler and Robinson. The AIG program is well run, the Title 1 program is excellent as well, all in all, a GREAT school!

Posted December 18, 2012
My daughter attended a private school in the area for K-4 and K-5, due to her birthday being in Sept, so she could start ontime. She did okay, but she had to sit at the front of the class with the "troublemakers" because she had a hard time finishing her work due to her ADD, she transferred to Furr this year, and has only had 2 below the line days, both of which were before she got on her current ADD meds. Her teacher is wonderful, she is a lot happier here then she was at the private school.

Carl A. Furr Elementary School
2725 Clover Rd, Concord, NC  28027
Last modified Carl A. Furr Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carl A. Furr Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 28 reviews.