Bad
Good

I have a daughter attending 4th grade...I must say, I am not impressed at all! I have heard great things about Cabarrus County Schools and really looked forward to my daughters first year attending in the county. I have had less than stellar interactions with the staff at this school...even the front office "vibe" is stale. It's as if you're invading their world & they look at you like "why are you here?" The parent-teacher open communication is lacking and it seems as if they're only going to do the very minimum. I did not feel the "passion" from the teachers that I believe is so very important in the lives of our children & even my daughter has made small references to her lackluster experience with her teachers here (but she LOVES her friends, so that's great!) But, all in all, it seems this a good school from what I've heard...just perhaps my experience with the 4th grade team has left me a little wary about my daughter returning next year.

Because it is a good school and safe for students k-5 and has a wonderful staff team

I have 2 children that attend Furr. I have to say that our teachers are worth their weight in gold. The classrooms are full of educational material while making it fun for the kids. We have many social opportunities for the children after school and seasonal festivities. There is a large number of "English second language" students but the school has come up with the Splash program for kindergarden. My only suggestion is that our school system adopt what the southwest states of the US do where the Spanish population is taught in classrooms in Spanish but 1/3 of the day is all English skills. This is a system issue however. There are 2 playgrounds and a large field for play. This is a green school, so no pesticides or harsh cleaning chemicals inside. The library is stocked as well as the classroom libraries. The lunchroom is clean and the staff there are so patient with the kids. They do an amazing job of honoring kids character not just honor roll and grades. This goes to show what a great school and staff we have!

My children have attended CAFE for three years now and we have been pleased with their teachers and the quality of instruction. They look forward to school each day. Parents are welcomed at the school and given many choices to volunteer in their children's classrooms. My kindergardener started the SPLASH program this year and loves it! We had several other options for elementary school in 2013-2014 but decided to stay at Furr because its a great school. I highly recommend CAFE.

CAFE is by far one of the best schools that I have seen in the county. The teachers here care more about the students than anything I ever received while in school. The administrative staff is also very knowledgeable of what the students need. They really do know the children 'personally' and put aside so much to be sure that ALL of our students get the best education possible. I have been active with the PTO each year and have truly seen what our school (teachers & administrators) sacrifice for our children, how much they care for our children, and most of all how much they love our children. It's a true source of pride to me that now since I have moved to the middle school PTSO we are always looking for ways to "do it like CAFE". I truly love our school and hate to be "graduating" next year; however, rest assured that there are still lots of parents at CAFE who will continue to work hard to make CAFE the best it has ever been, and they would certainly welcome you as a volunteer!

Furr is an incredible school with a strong teaching staff dedicated to serve the students. They are constantly dedicating their time and devotion to giving their best to the kids.

Talented & Caring teachers. Wonderful administration. Clean & beautiful campus with modern & fun playgrounds. Best school in Cabarrus County!

Both of my children have attended the school from kindergarten through 5th grade. I have one child who is in AIG classes and one that is in E.C. and has an i.e.p. I can tell you that they have been amazing on both ends of the spectrum and very willing to work with us to help my children acheive the most they can achieve. The teachers truly love their kids and it shows and the kids truly love their teachers. We feel very blessed to have found the school.

Wonderful staff! My daughter looks forward to going to school each day! Mrs. Martin is the best!

Great teachers, school, and principal. My daughter has learned a lot and done very well here.

Last modified Carl A. Furr Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.