Posted June 10, 2014
My husband and I moved to Cabarrus County about 6 years ago for the schools as we wanted to the best possible public education for our young children. We had only a couple of elementary schools that we wished for, so we made sure that we moved into one of those districts. Our kids have gone to W.R. Odell for 4 and 3 years respectively and we couldn't be happier with our choice. I cannot imagine our children anywhere else. The teachers and staff that the school employs (main, encore, guidance, EC...) are top notch. The education that they are receiving is excellent and they are prepared for what is ahead of them. They are constantly challenged, nurtured, protected and most importantly continuing to make growth in all areas. The love and respect that the teachers and staff have for all of the children is amazing. W.R. Odell is not the "top rated" school in the county, but this is deceiving and only achieved by arbitrary numbers. Because of what I have seen and experienced at Odell, it is, by far, the top rated school for us.

Posted December 20, 2013
My daughter has been going to Odell for 4 years and absolutely loves it. Lunches aren't great, you want to pack your own for sure. But remember, this is a public school and they have to work with the meager budget they are given. The quality of education and willingness for the principal to work with the parents on issues is very satisfying, and the facilities are impeccable, new, modern, clean and well appointed. We are absolutely thrilled with Odell.

Posted March 16, 2013
I absolutely love this school. In my son's first year as a kingergartner, he learned al 50 states, all the continents, all the presidents, etc. Not only was his academic experience great, but the teachers really are some of the nicest people I know. they hug the kids and genuinely go above and beyond the call of duty in their jobs. My son is now a first grader and his teacher was voted "Teacher of the Year". I consider myself lucky to have him part of such an excellent public school!

Posted August 26, 2011
My 2 children attend this school and we are very happy overall. We love that the school is located in our neighborhood. Our experience with the administration has been very positive, and the few issues we had were resolved to our satisfaction. Great communication from the teachers as well as Dr. Marsh. They welcome feedback and love parent involvement. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved for your child at this school. We would like to see some improvements on the playground. Some of the equipment is old and the slides are metal, so the children cannot use them when it's hot.

Posted April 15, 2011
I have 2 children here, over all the school is a good school. The principal has a giant heart. She loves the kids but sometimes they need a stern person not a soft heart. I believe it is like every other school, there are teachers who go the extra mile and there are those who have a problem dealing with kids who are not average whether they are above or below average. Bullying happens... again some teachers are all over it and try to nip it in the bud..others not so active about it. Over all if you stay on top of your child s education and communicate with them this school is great... All schools have their issues.. DONT BE AFRAID TO STAND UP FOR YOUR CHILD! Communication with the teacher and or counselor or vp will solve almost any issue :) They have a great gifted program. There are security cameras; pick up and drop off seem to run pretty smooth. They are always working to improve things. They are also not afraid to change things or try new things academic wise, although not always a good thing. IF you can volunteer do it, it helps the teachers and out and you get a chance to see firsthand how your child s class works and what they are learning.

Posted March 31, 2011
Both of my children have attended Odell and loved it. I also love Odell as the teachers are awesome! This school has a great atmosphere and staff that really cares. My daughter has received extra help and services and has improved greatly! The principal is a wonderful woman and parent involvement is high. Also communication has been wonderful and I just can't say enough good things about this school!

Posted January 31, 2011
My Daughter attends kingerarten at Odell, and she is having lots of fun and learning at the same time. But as with all things education, the parent has to be an active participant in their child's education,

Posted December 09, 2010
This is a very nice school! The teachers are great! All of my children went there and we still have a son there. Our son loves it there! My daughters that went there loved it there and hated leaving.

Posted November 01, 2010
Excellent school! Excellent teachers! We have loved every one for the last 4 years. My daughter has excelled! Thank you!

Posted July 22, 2010
My children have had wonderful teachers each school year at Odell. We love our school!

W R Odell Elementary
1885 Odell School Road, Concord, NC  28027
Last modified W R Odell Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
W R Odell Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top