Posted May 27, 2014
We moved from France 2 years ago, our son had spent 1 year in pre-school and had a basic English level. He joined Coltrane-Webb for the school year 2013/2014, we noticed his great progress in reading (level E for the moment), mathematics, social knowledge... He loves this school and so do his parents.

Coltrane-Webb Elementary 3

Posted February 26, 2014
This is a fantastic school with teachers that really care, and care deeply. The curriculum inclusion of STEM is done fabulously. My children that have attended this school (current and past) have grown with this school. The only drawback is the lack of leadership in the principal. Several parents have experienced this as well. This school could be even better with a change in leadership.

Posted November 10, 2013
I love this school! My sons transferred from another school in Concord and this is their second year there. The teachers really do go the extra mile and the kids are EXCITED about being there. I love hearing from my boys when they come home--they have so much to tell me about what they did and what they're going to do next.

Coltrane-Webb Elementary 1

Posted April 26, 2013
BETWEEN 2006 AND 2009 THERE SEEMS TO BE A DIFFERENCE IN THE "GRADING OF THE SCHOOLS" AT CWES AND 2012/13. WHAT MAKE'S IT DIFFERENT BETWEEN THOSE YRS AND 2012 AND 2013.... WHERE THE PARENTS APPEAR MORE HAPPIER WITH THIS SCHOOL SYSTEM? DID THE TEACHERS/ PRINCIPLE CHANGE? DID THE NATIONAL TESTING / SCHOOL WORK BECOME BETTER OVER ALL? JUST TRYING TO GET A FEEL FOR IT BECAUSE I MAY HAVE CHILDREN ATTENDING IN THE FUTURE. THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP!

Posted April 14, 2013
This is the first year my daughter has attended CWES. It has been a wonderful experience. The administration, staff, and other parents are so welcoming. There is a buzz of excitement for learning that is evident whenever I go there. The teachers go the extral mile during class and while managing after school programs.

Coltrane-Webb Elementary 1

Posted December 17, 2012
Unsatisfactory parent attitudes. What kind of parents involved in a school have the mindset of children being "haves" or "have nots"? Unacceptable attitude for any adults involved with a school to have. It might surprise you to realize that many "have nots" come from families abundantly wealthy with love, values, time, and attention. Some of the poorest people have nothing but a lot of money. Have nots......good one! I moved my kids to a school with better adults.

Posted October 03, 2012
We are extremely pleased with CWES and the STEM program. The teachers are fantastic, the PTCO members are smart and active fundraisers for the school, and the students are excited about learning. Now we just need to improve our test scores - but that will come. I am impressed at how the haves and have-nots get along. It is beneficial for everyone to work together as a team, sharing ideas and finding solutions to real-world problems. This is an awesome school.

Posted February 23, 2012
This year CWES has become a STEM Magnet School (Science Technology Engineering and Math). We moved our boys there from another school and appreciate the small neighborhood feel lacking in the big box schools. The STEM curriculum teaches students to work together, problem solve and be creative. It has challenged our children in a way they were not challenged at our last school. Students can be heard cheering during STEM projects. Teachers do a great job of differentiation. Parent involvement is encouraged and parents are welcome in the classroom as volunteers. There seems to be a good amount of involvement with the community and neighborhood. The PTCO has done a great job of raising money this first year. The building is old but new technology is readily available and it has two labs. After school clubs are also available include LEGO Robotics. We have been very pleased with our decision. CTWS is a safe, supportive and nurturing environment and a fun place to learn.

Coltrane-Webb Elementary 4

Posted June 11, 2009
I also think that this is a great school. We moved, and I am sad that my children had to leave. Wonderful teachers!

Posted April 21, 2009
This is a great school! Teachers are excited about education and abreast of current teaching trends. Technology is used and students are challenged and well prepared. Four of my children went here and were well prepared for not only Middle School, but High School and beyond.

Coltrane-Webb Elementary
61 Spring Street Northwest, Concord, NC  28025
Last modified Coltrane-Webb Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coltrane-Webb Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.