Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at Coltrane Webb are very good teachers and very effective. I like to compare what is being taught to another school in another state.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I would have liked to see more homework given to my grandson who is in 1st grade.

Everyone seems to be so helpful and eager to help from the principal, teachers and staff workers.

Cannot say enough about how awesome this school has been for us. I've seen my now 9 year old go from crying every morning because he didn't want to go to school and having no friends to a child that looks forward to his school days and all the friends he now has. Being gifted, my son was often bored at the previous school as he always seemed to finish well before the other kids. The previous school's solution was to just give him more worksheets to do. But at Coltrane-Webb, he is being challenged and has once again discovered his love of learning. And don't get me started on the security on this campus! Again, AMAZING. It is such a joy to drop my child off in the mornings knowing that not only is he happy, but he's also safe. Everyone at this school - parents and staff alike - has been warm and welcoming. I have yet to feel like I am somehow "less than" as I was made to feel by parents at the previous school. The only downside to this school is that my son only has one year left after this year before he will be transferring to the middle school. However, if the next school is as good as this one, I have nothing to worry about. :)

I'm an EC teacher in another school district at a STEM school but my 6 year old has been at Coltrane-Webb for the past 2 years and I honestly cannot bring myself to move because this school is that good: Academically, Socially, Emotionally, and Physically. The educators and counselors communicate well with parents and it has been my experience that Mrs. Barbee, the principal, truly takes the time to know each child and family and be as personable as possible. Kindergarten and First Grade educators (Sedziol and Plunkett are way above average instructors) set a strong solid foundation for their students and keep rigor with the curriculum. Many parents are involved and the PTCO work well with the community to keep education and progression at the heart of what they do. The extra-curricular activities are top-notch. My daughter is involved in several programs the school, and even at her worst she is at her best thanks to the faculty and staff at her school who care most about her thriving and least about their paychecks.

Our son has been at Coltrane Webb for the last three years. We are very happy with all three teachers that he has had, and the principal, Ms. Barbee, is wonderful. Ms. Barbee knows all the kids, and their parents, and is very hands on, supportive, and no nonsense at the same time. This school may not be shiny and new, but our son really loves his school. He was given the choice to attend a brand new school and without hesitation said no way! He really likes that there are only 4 classes per grade and he is able to get to know all the kids in his grade. It really gives the kids a sense of community at school. The teachers work well together and you can tell they really have a passion for what they do. If you are only looking for a school appearance, this school is probably not for you. However, if you want a school of amazing administrators, teachers, staff, kids and parents, I can't say enough good things about CWES. The kids are given opportunities and encouraged to think outside the box and really grow, not just memorize information. Top Notch School!

We moved from France 2 years ago, our son had spent 1 year in pre-school and had a basic English level. He joined Coltrane-Webb for the school year 2013/2014, we noticed his great progress in reading (level E for the moment), mathematics, social knowledge... He loves this school and so do his parents.

This is a fantastic school with teachers that really care, and care deeply. The curriculum inclusion of STEM is done fabulously. My children that have attended this school (current and past) have grown with this school. The only drawback is the lack of leadership in the principal. Several parents have experienced this as well. This school could be even better with a change in leadership.

I love this school! My sons transferred from another school in Concord and this is their second year there. The teachers really do go the extra mile and the kids are EXCITED about being there. I love hearing from my boys when they come home--they have so much to tell me about what they did and what they're going to do next.

BETWEEN 2006 AND 2009 THERE SEEMS TO BE A DIFFERENCE IN THE "GRADING OF THE SCHOOLS" AT CWES AND 2012/13. WHAT MAKE'S IT DIFFERENT BETWEEN THOSE YRS AND 2012 AND 2013.... WHERE THE PARENTS APPEAR MORE HAPPIER WITH THIS SCHOOL SYSTEM? DID THE TEACHERS/ PRINCIPLE CHANGE? DID THE NATIONAL TESTING / SCHOOL WORK BECOME BETTER OVER ALL? JUST TRYING TO GET A FEEL FOR IT BECAUSE I MAY HAVE CHILDREN ATTENDING IN THE FUTURE. THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP!

Last modified Coltrane-Webb Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.