Posted April 19, 2013
I am not at all impressed with concord middle school. My child has been bullied all year and no one seems to care. Communication is horrible. It took one teacher 5 days to respond to my email and has yet to return my call.

Posted July 18, 2011
Best School Ever Yhu Get Friends quickly Like The 1st day yhu qet there lot of fieldtrips witch are good like the pool it was really fun reward yhu with icecream i expecally loved the step team and the peperallys good sprit teachers are nice they review every thing before test and before the eogs science and social studies helps yhu with math and reading hope to go next year..!

Concord Middle 2

Posted May 26, 2010
I agree with the lack of academic challenges for the 'average' child.. the child who is NOT in gifted classes. There is a huge discrepancy in the amount and quality of homework/projects between these 2 groups. That's not fair. I believe that kids will rise to the challenge. Set the bar high! They ALL will try to reach it! Overall, a disappointing experience and not at all preparing them for high school!

Concord Middle 0

Posted May 06, 2010
I know first hand how that is my daughter has gotten in trouble for silly things ex. not standing in line stright, asking to go to the rest room. The staff is not very helpful. I am so glad this is my childs last yaer there

Posted April 19, 2010
I like what I see my granddaughter learning. That tells me there is a good teacher there. Her parents are very active.

Posted March 24, 2010
This is a terrible school for multiple reasons. First is the bullying, e.g., We met with an asst. principal to discuss how our child was being bullied. Examples are my child being hugged by strangers so tight it hurt, stomping on her feet, knocking her into lockers/walls, verbal harassment, etc. We named one particular child, and the asst principal responded that this child 'is not a bad kid' - however a few weeks later that child was suspended for TWO WEEKS, and had been suspended multiple times in the past. Nothing changed. Second, unless your child is in a gifted class, they are taught only the very basic lessons. Little homework is given, few projects assigned, and grading requirements are VERY lenient. I was appalled at the science fair seeing projects with misspelled words, phrasing that didn't make sense, and sloppiness. This school is just a big kid daycare.

Posted January 12, 2010

Concord Middle 4

Posted April 21, 2009
My daughter currently attends CMS and is extremely happy there. She has never complained of discipline issues and in fact appreciates that students with such issues are removed from the classroom. She had one incident of bullying early in the year which was resolved to our satisfaction. Bullying is not tolerate at CMS.

Posted October 23, 2008

Posted June 11, 2008
I had a child who attended Concord Middle School in 6th grade and he had a really hard time. He came from making straight A's and his grades began to drop. We had a time with him being bullied and he even played football. We moved and he has been at a different middle school which his brother now attends also. His grades are back up, he has never been bullied at this middle school and he plays football. He just finished 8th grade and he stated that this school the teachers really help you and he would never go back to Concord Middle School. He could not get his teachers to help him when he would ask for assistance. There truly is a big difference between the school my children are now attending. We are searching for a larger home my children insist we do not purchase one in CMS district.

Concord Middle
1500 Gold Rush Drive, Concord, NC  28025
Last modified Concord Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Concord Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.