Bad
Good

My son attended kindergarten and first grade until January of this year. Then moved to Pitt School Road Elementary in February. His first two weeks there his teacher had informed us that my son was way behind there curriculum. She immediately wanted to hold him back from second grade. He had spent his summer and before with a tutor and summer school to successfully succeed to pass to second grade. Wedddington Hills never sent bad progress reports or inform us that my son was behind. My son informed me that the teacher spent alot of time with the majority Hispanic class teaching them English language that they didn't understand. I feel that they let me ,my son and my family name down by not giving and providing the proper education to him. My son is very smart and he proved himself by catching up and passing the first grade thru tutoring and hard work and dedication. I'm very proud of him and very disappointed in Wedddington Hills faculty for allowing this to happen.

Our daughter started kindergarten at Weddington Hills (IB magnet) this year and we've been more than pleased with the school on every level. The teachers provide daily feedback and our daughter loves the curriculum. I'm pleased with how quickly she is picking up reading and writing and enjoy hearing her talk about things she's learned in other classes (art, Chinese, PE, music, social studies, etc). Every day when I drop her off at school, I see her walk from teacher to teacher (and one awesome dedicated police officer) for a hug...and they each know her name and seem genuinely happy to be there...doing the important job that they do. Very happy with our decision to participate in the magnet program.

My child just started this year through the IB magnet lottery. WIth just a couple of weeks to go, I can say our experience this year has been successful and positive on all levels.

Weddington Hills Elementary is not a great school! The school is only concerned about fundraisers and PTO. Unfortunately I cannot move to another district, therefore my child will attend Cannon next year.

We have a daughter in the first grade and a son about to enter Kindergarten. In the past two years, we have had overall positive experiences. Our daughter's kindergarten teacher gave us daily behavioral feedback, and homework folders were always updated. Her first grade teacher is not as organized though has been promptly available for brief phone calls and has expressed genuine interest in our daughter's progress. Our daughter is reading fluently and can do simple addition and subtraction in her head. The curriculum needs more emphasis on science in the earlier grades, which is entirely lacking. The administration has been helpful and prompt on the few occasions where we had to interact with them.

This school is not a great school in the least. The principal is a lost cause. I wish we had a choice where i children went to school. They know they cant reat parents anyway they wont to bc we have no other choice.

I have a daughter just finishing up 1st grade. Her 2 years at Weddington have exceeded our expectations in regards to continuous improvement in reading, writing, math, and art. She is always eager to go to school. Perhaps she has been fortunate to get great teachers, but we are more than pleased with this school. Only issues so far are a very high percentage of non English speaking students (which can slow down the entire class). We have a son that starts there next year as well.

I have had issues with this school for the two years my child has attended. I personal do not feel that my child is 100% safe at this school.I base this on personal experiences

Yes I do believe this school big time improvement. Seems like school is no interested in academic at all. Only thing I read about in the homework folder is skate night or staff basketball game. I took chance last year to keep my child in this school but no more My child is not going to this school any more. My child third grade teacher was hardly interested in taking to the parents about the child academics. Teachers websites are never current. No weekly news letters are sent home. This school needs new principle who has more academic views.

I do believe that this school has great potential. I don't believe the principal really has a desire to talk with the parents or have parental input. She feels free to allow the PTO 'click' to run the show. The fundraisers are lame. My daughters first grade teacher at WHE was wonderful. She gave individual attention to the kids and to each parent. I felt as if my child were in the best of hands. My daughters attitude towards school changed dramatically [her second grade year]. Now third grade is about to begin. She will start this school year back at WHE. Not my choice. We are moving soon to a county adjacent to this one. Not soon enough.

Last modified Weddington Hills Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.