Concord, NC

Posted November 24, 2014
Weddington Hills Elementary is not a great school! The school is only concerned about fundraisers and PTO. Unfortunately I cannot move to another district, therefore my child will attend Cannon next year.

Weddington Hills Elementary 3

Posted April 29, 2012
We have a daughter in the first grade and a son about to enter Kindergarten. In the past two years, we have had overall positive experiences. Our daughter's kindergarten teacher gave us daily behavioral feedback, and homework folders were always updated. Her first grade teacher is not as organized though has been promptly available for brief phone calls and has expressed genuine interest in our daughter's progress. Our daughter is reading fluently and can do simple addition and subtraction in her head. The curriculum needs more emphasis on science in the earlier grades, which is entirely lacking. The administration has been helpful and prompt on the few occasions where we had to interact with them.

Weddington Hills Elementary 0

Posted March 19, 2010
This school is not a great school in the least. The principal is a lost cause. I wish we had a choice where i children went to school. They know they cant reat parents anyway they wont to bc we have no other choice.

Weddington Hills Elementary 5

Posted July 13, 2009

Weddington Hills Elementary 4

Posted May 27, 2009
I have a daughter just finishing up 1st grade. Her 2 years at Weddington have exceeded our expectations in regards to continuous improvement in reading, writing, math, and art. She is always eager to go to school. Perhaps she has been fortunate to get great teachers, but we are more than pleased with this school. Only issues so far are a very high percentage of non English speaking students (which can slow down the entire class). We have a son that starts there next year as well.

Weddington Hills Elementary 5

Posted May 12, 2009

Posted October 03, 2008
I have had issues with this school for the two years my child has attended. I personal do not feel that my child is 100% safe at this school.I base this on personal experiences

Posted August 17, 2008
Yes I do believe this school big time improvement. Seems like school is no interested in academic at all. Only thing I read about in the homework folder is skate night or staff basketball game. I took chance last year to keep my child in this school but no more My child is not going to this school any more. My child third grade teacher was hardly interested in taking to the parents about the child academics. Teachers websites are never current. No weekly news letters are sent home. This school needs new principle who has more academic views.
3 people found this helpful

Weddington Hills Elementary 2

Posted August 20, 2007

Weddington Hills Elementary 3

Posted August 17, 2007
I do believe that this school has great potential. I don't believe the principal really has a desire to talk with the parents or have parental input. She feels free to allow the PTO 'click' to run the show. The fundraisers are lame. My daughters first grade teacher at WHE was wonderful. She gave individual attention to the kids and to each parent. I felt as if my child were in the best of hands. My daughters attitude towards school changed dramatically [her second grade year]. Now third grade is about to begin. She will start this school year back at WHE. Not my choice. We are moving soon to a county adjacent to this one. Not soon enough.

Weddington Hills Elementary
4401 Weddington Road Northwest, Concord, NC  28025
Last modified Weddington Hills Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Weddington Hills Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top