Rocky River Elementary 4

Posted September 25, 2012
My daughter is a 1st grader at Rocky River. Since I only have 2 years of experience with this school, I cannot grade the entire school, but the 1st grade is awesome! Her teacher communicates with me regularly and allows me to stay involved with her education. Kindergarten was okay, but her teacher did not communicate with me (didn't return notes in my child's folder, didn't respond to emails). I had to go to the school to get a response. The principal is awesome and responds to concerns quickly. I have lunch with my daughter once a week. The students seem well behaved and the teachers have control of them. One thing I am concerned about is that the office has never asked me for identification when I've had lunch with my daughter. The doors inside the school are locked and you can't get in unless someone in the office unlocks it for you. They've always unlocked it and never asked for identification. Also, my husband had lunch with her when she was in kindergarten. He wasn't aware that he had to sign in at the office, so he went into the unlocked doors where the buses park, didn't have a "visitor" sticker on his shirt, had lunch with our daughter and no one ever questioned him.

Posted August 26, 2012
I am a teacher at Rocky River. I love our school, and I love our system. I have taught school for almost 18 years, and every year teaches me something new. It is all about the kids. We do everything for the kid and for them to grow to their highest potential. We teach students to think independently,and to connect with many resources during their learning process. ....Our staff is a great team of teachers who are flexible and willing to work together for our kids! "KIDS FIRST!"

Posted March 28, 2012
All 3 of my children attend RRES and we LOVE it. When we were buying a house, the very top priority we asked our Realtor to keep in mind was to stay in the RR district. My children are performing way above their respective grade levels and they are even in the AIG programs. The teachers are very compassionate and they love the kids like they're part of a big family. My youngest son is in Kindergarten and has been diagnosed with ADHD. His teachers are working with him and helping me to come up with ways to keep him focused and on his best behavior. My fifth grader's teacher pushes him to reach for his true potential and she won't settle for sub-par work. It is so refreshing to have teachers care so much for their students. I have also seen the principal working with the kids and he is never stumped to guess a name. Mr. Lamm is the perfect educator to lead our kids. I would absolutely recommend RRES to anyone new to the area or just looking for a better school. How this school hasn't received the highest rating is beyond me.

Rocky River Elementary 3

Posted July 10, 2011
We just completed our first year at RRE. We loved the teachers our children had been assigned to. The principal is new and seems to be very involved with RR. The library/office staff have always been very pleasant.

Rocky River Elementary 2

Posted January 25, 2011
This is my daughters 2nd year at Rocky River Elementary and the Regular Education setting is good. The teachers do a good job of teaching, although aren't pleased with mainstreaming and making modifications for special needs kids. I've been struggling for the classroom teacher to incorporate the necessary modifications identified in the IEP consistently. If I had a "regular student" this school would be fine.

Rocky River Elementary 0

Posted April 29, 2010
Rocky river has been a great family oriented school for my kids. They have taught them to respect them selves, patients, family and responsiblity. The staff does what ever it takes for the safety of each and every student.

Rocky River Elementary 2

Posted March 16, 2010
Not at all impressed with this school. Feel like I am sending my child to a prison, instead of a place for education.

Posted February 24, 2010
My daughter entered Rocky River in kindergarten and is now in 2nd grade performing on a 3rd grade reading and math level. I have been very happy with Rocky River. Her 3 teachers have been awesome....Ms. Furr for kindergarten, Ms. Brafford for 1st grade and now Ms. Banks for 2nd grade. She loved all of her teachers and Ms. Banks is her absolute favorite. She loves to learn and looks forward to going to school; whichmakes a parent very happy. I'm especially impressed with Mr. Lamm this year, who've I've seen more than I ever saw the previous principle. He is much more accessible, approachable and down to earth. His presence is definitely a plus. Please keep up the good work!!!

Rocky River Elementary 0

Posted February 23, 2010
This is an excellent school. The teachers have always been great and now the school has a great principal. Thank you, Mr Millard Lamm. The students are hard working and put forth extra effort to do their best.

Posted January 07, 2010
Seems pretty good to me, teachers are very active with the students.

Contact Information

5454 Rocky River Road
Concord, NC 28025

School website

Rocky River Elementary
5454 Rocky River Road, Concord, NC  28025
Last modified Rocky River Elementary is a public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rocky River Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews.