Posted August 30, 2014
JN Fries Magnet school is an AMAZING middle school if your child is serious about their education. My daughter is in the IB program, and we're so happy with the academic challenge it offers her. She's a great student anyway, but the level of education here is something the county should be proud of. The teachers expect the students to take responsibility for their own work and assignments, and are truly preparing them for college when mom and dad aren't around. Yet, every teacher I've reached out to has been willing to help with any question asked. I love it! I'm so grateful that this level of commitment to my daughter's educational success exists within our public school system.

Posted February 28, 2014
First of all, any review older than 2012 is invalid, since the county dismantled the old JN Fries and installed a new STEM program fresh from the ground up. My daughter attended her 8th grade year here and used it as a spring board to attend Early College high school. She didn't want to leave her old friends, however we felt that this was an invaluable educational opportunity to seize, and we were right! The teachers and staff are beyond our expectations. There is the latest technology integrated into a solid STEM curriculum. This combined with the safe and learning friendly enviroment makes for what I believe to be the best middle school in the county. My son now attends and promises to have similar success if will apply himself. He has had opportunities he would never have had at CC Griffin Middle School where he would normally have attended. We love being a Noble Knight family!

Posted December 03, 2013
JN Fries is a well organized school. In my opinion some people's ideas of this school is far out wrong. This school is not poor we have way more technology than any other middle school in the county. If children are failing their grades then that's the student. Don't blame the whole school especially when there are straight A students and prodigies in it, and besides JN Fries Magnet school is not like other schools we learn differently than regular public schools. JN Fries challenges the students and we have harder work. They way we learn a C in a class would be an A in a regular school. We are pushed to do more than the average student. We have really strict and supportive teachers. I'm sorry to all the parents that think negative of the school but we have a lot of potential and we push to get scholarships. If your child is failing grades it is probably due to the fact that they can't handle all the challenges we have and work we have. Honestly this school is not for every child out there. This school challenges me and i love my teachers and the environment. there is no violence at all in this school. I Love JN Fries!!!

Posted September 01, 2013
When I first signed up for this school I had no idea what I was getting into. It was actually my parents idea because they heard that a magnet school was starting in Cabarrus County and they had been interested in getting me a better education for a while and honestly I DID NOT want to go to J.N. Fries and I was very sad that I was leaving my elementary school friends to go here, but now when I look back on it I couldn't have asked for a better middle school! I have been at J.N, Fries since it turned into a magnet school and this school is amazing!! There has never been a day here that I haven't learned something. The teachers are WONDERFUL and they care so much about our education and are always advancing us and asking the most that they can get out of us. The whole school works together to benefit the students and are doing an excellent job. The whole entire staff at Fries are working toward making our school a better school, even the custodians! This year is my last year at J.N. Fries and I am very disappointed that I am going to have to leave soon but I am so grateful to have had such an amazing middle school that cares so much.

Posted August 19, 2013
This is an excellent school and the only school offering IB/STEM program from 2011. The principal wants the students and the program to be successful and encourages by differentiating the talents and strengths that each of the students uniquely possess. We are so pleased to be sending our daughter there and she truly discovered her talents by being there at a turning point.

Posted February 15, 2013
JN FRIES is a great school...this school is not for everybody. This school is for kids that are really serious about their educations. The teachers are excellent. My daughter plans to attend next year.

Posted March 21, 2012
I would just like to say that some of the comments below are not so good.. However this was last year before it became a magnet middle school.. My daughter attends there this year as a 6th grader. It was a tough decision that we struggled with over the summer. But this year has ended up being nothing less than fantastic!!! We love it, and she loves it as well. The teachers are absolutely wonderful and have a very open parent/teacher communication line. The work is challenging for my daughter who was somewhat bored in regular school and the atomsphere with her peers is just great. I would HIGHLY recommend this school to anyone who has a child that enjoys learning and wants to put fourth the effort. We are looking forward to having a rewarding 7th grade year there next year.

J N Fries Middle School 2

Posted March 09, 2011
my daughter is a student at this school. she is failing most of her classes and the only way her mother or I find out how she is doing is by progress reports or report cards.Why don't teachers involve the parents with letters or parent teacher conferences? I do remember those. Or ,like i keep being told they don't have time.Well i don't have time to watch my daughters life go down the drain. I need help from the staff if you have time.How can this be solved?We are worried and we do care.

J N Fries Middle School 2

Posted January 21, 2011
First of all i would like to say the school is ok. we moved from out of state and i did all my reviews of the school prior to moving here to concord. I will honestly tell you that if i had of had the chance to visit the school before moving here i would of chose to move to another community. The school is the poorest of all schools in the county ; even had a teacher to say so. i never hear from my child teachers and the year is half way over, my child is in the 8th grade and ranks the highest out of all her classmates........i just dont understand why there is no communication here??????but when the snow fell boy did i get two to three calls a day from admin. This will be our last year at JNF and by far we will be moving from this community. yes my daughter was/is unhappy at this school

Posted December 09, 2010
I completed my student teaching at J.N. Fries in May 2009. Going in, I was a little nervous as the school does have the reputation of being the roughest middle school in Cabarrus County. Once I got there and started though, I quickly realized that if J.N. Fries is the roughest middle school in Cabarrus County, then the other schools must be better than heavenly. I enjoyed my experience teaching a wonderful group of 7th graders and working with a caring group of teachers in Ms. Cox, Ms, Koch, Mr. Efird, and Ms. Kundla. I also felt very welcomed by the administrative staff and was overwhelmed with their care and support. While the school does not have the best reputation in Cabarrus County, I think the structure of the school is very well maintained to ensure that behavior problems are minimized so that student learning can and will legitimately take place in the classroom. That's part of the pride not only of J.N. Fries but of all the middle schools in Cabarrus County.

J N Fries Middle School
133 Stonecrest Circle Southwest, Concord, NC  28027
Last modified J N Fries Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J N Fries Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews.