Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted January 12, 2016
As a student in the 7th Grade IB Program at JN Fries Magnet School, I can safely say that this school is one of the best schools in Cabarrus County, if not the region and state. This school has offered myself and many other students amazing opportunities, including serving our own community, as well as participating in various clubs, ranging from Math Counts and Quiz Bowl to the Doctor Who Club. JN Fries offers 2 main streamlines or programs. The STEM program, recognized by the state of North Carolina, and the IB program, which is recognized by the International Baccalaureate Foundation headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. IB Students are required to take a foreign language, either Chinese or Spanish as well as Career/Technical Ed Course. These students, like myself, operate on an 8-class A Day/B Day schedule, with 4 core classes (ELA, Math, Science, SS) and 4 Encore (Health & PE, Chinese OR Spanish, Art OR Chorus OR Band, CTE Course). The CTE Courses are (6th Grade) Computer Skills and Apps (7th Grade) Agriscience Technology and (8th Grade) Tech Systems. STEM Students are required to take a class called STEM time, which involves building and other STEM related activities. These students operate on a 6-class schedule in which each student has all of their core classes every day, and have a selection in 1 encore class. Overall, this school provides many excellent opportunities, and I have certainly experienced the greatness that this school offers.

J N Fries Middle School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 12, 2016
My math and science teacher develops passion in learning in our class each and every day.

Posted August 30, 2014
JN Fries Magnet school is an AMAZING middle school if your child is serious about their education. My daughter is in the IB program, and we're so happy with the academic challenge it offers her. She's a great student anyway, but the level of education here is something the county should be proud of. The teachers expect the students to take responsibility for their own work and assignments, and are truly preparing them for college when mom and dad aren't around. Yet, every teacher I've reached out to has been willing to help with any question asked. I love it! I'm so grateful that this level of commitment to my daughter's educational success exists within our public school system.

Posted February 28, 2014
First of all, any review older than 2012 is invalid, since the county dismantled the old JN Fries and installed a new STEM program fresh from the ground up. My daughter attended her 8th grade year here and used it as a spring board to attend Early College high school. She didn't want to leave her old friends, however we felt that this was an invaluable educational opportunity to seize, and we were right! The teachers and staff are beyond our expectations. There is the latest technology integrated into a solid STEM curriculum. This combined with the safe and learning friendly enviroment makes for what I believe to be the best middle school in the county. My son now attends and promises to have similar success if will apply himself. He has had opportunities he would never have had at CC Griffin Middle School where he would normally have attended. We love being a Noble Knight family!

Posted December 03, 2013
JN Fries is a well organized school. In my opinion some people's ideas of this school is far out wrong. This school is not poor we have way more technology than any other middle school in the county. If children are failing their grades then that's the student. Don't blame the whole school especially when there are straight A students and prodigies in it, and besides JN Fries Magnet school is not like other schools we learn differently than regular public schools. JN Fries challenges the students and we have harder work. They way we learn a C in a class would be an A in a regular school. We are pushed to do more than the average student. We have really strict and supportive teachers. I'm sorry to all the parents that think negative of the school but we have a lot of potential and we push to get scholarships. If your child is failing grades it is probably due to the fact that they can't handle all the challenges we have and work we have. Honestly this school is not for every child out there. This school challenges me and i love my teachers and the environment. there is no violence at all in this school. I Love JN Fries!!!

Posted September 01, 2013
When I first signed up for this school I had no idea what I was getting into. It was actually my parents idea because they heard that a magnet school was starting in Cabarrus County and they had been interested in getting me a better education for a while and honestly I DID NOT want to go to J.N. Fries and I was very sad that I was leaving my elementary school friends to go here, but now when I look back on it I couldn't have asked for a better middle school! I have been at J.N, Fries since it turned into a magnet school and this school is amazing!! There has never been a day here that I haven't learned something. The teachers are WONDERFUL and they care so much about our education and are always advancing us and asking the most that they can get out of us. The whole school works together to benefit the students and are doing an excellent job. The whole entire staff at Fries are working toward making our school a better school, even the custodians! This year is my last year at J.N. Fries and I am very disappointed that I am going to have to leave soon but I am so grateful to have had such an amazing middle school that cares so much.

Posted August 19, 2013
This is an excellent school and the only school offering IB/STEM program from 2011. The principal wants the students and the program to be successful and encourages by differentiating the talents and strengths that each of the students uniquely possess. We are so pleased to be sending our daughter there and she truly discovered her talents by being there at a turning point.

Posted February 15, 2013
JN FRIES is a great school...this school is not for everybody. This school is for kids that are really serious about their educations. The teachers are excellent. My daughter plans to attend next year.

Posted March 21, 2012
I would just like to say that some of the comments below are not so good.. However this was last year before it became a magnet middle school.. My daughter attends there this year as a 6th grader. It was a tough decision that we struggled with over the summer. But this year has ended up being nothing less than fantastic!!! We love it, and she loves it as well. The teachers are absolutely wonderful and have a very open parent/teacher communication line. The work is challenging for my daughter who was somewhat bored in regular school and the atomsphere with her peers is just great. I would HIGHLY recommend this school to anyone who has a child that enjoys learning and wants to put fourth the effort. We are looking forward to having a rewarding 7th grade year there next year.

J N Fries Middle School 2

Posted March 09, 2011
my daughter is a student at this school. she is failing most of her classes and the only way her mother or I find out how she is doing is by progress reports or report cards.Why don't teachers involve the parents with letters or parent teacher conferences? I do remember those. Or ,like i keep being told they don't have time.Well i don't have time to watch my daughters life go down the drain. I need help from the staff if you have time.How can this be solved?We are worried and we do care.

J N Fries Middle School
133 Stonecrest Circle Sw, Concord, NC  28027
Last modified J N Fries Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.