School principal icon 130x130 072214

School Official Point of View

We always welcome feedback (both good and bad) and encourage parents to speak with us directly about concerns. Hope's math program teaches children to think critically and we used a reformed math curriculum. Our approach is very hands-on and does not appeal to parents who are used to a memorization/ drill and skill approach taught in other school settings.
December 28, 2013

Hope Academy 3

Posted June 01, 2013
This school has helped my child grow socially. Small classes are perfect for providing extra attention. The building is bright and beautiful. A downside is that the Math program is weak. My child is receiving tutoring over the summer to cover the gaps. The projects are interesting but take more time than I expected. The teachers are great and work with the parents. A child's assignments can be changed if needed. The flexibility in the schedule gives our family time to work on home study together.

Posted March 26, 2013
God's spirit beams throughout this school. The curriculum is challenging, yet enjoyable for our 4th grader. She has excelled spiritually, emotionally, and academically since making the transition from public school.

Posted March 19, 2013
Hope is more than a school. This unique University School Model couples 3 days of professional instruction with 2 days of home study. The home study curriculum is prepared by the professional teachers. I never dreamed that our family would home school in any capacity, but this has been a great balance. We have an integral role in teaching our kids and get the joy of watching them "get it," but rely on the expertise of exceptional teachers who drive the curriculum. Everything is taught from a Biblical worldview, with the mission of equipping our kids to be college-ready, servant leaders. Both of my kids are challenged by the research-based, hands-on curriculum. They are well-loved by the teachers and Administration. Kids are thriving in this place!

Posted March 19, 2013
Hope has exceeded what we imagined school could be for our daughter. I was not a mom who thought about home school, but I have found myself treasuring the days we do home study (2 days week). We love the community of families and how Biblical principles are woven into everyday living.

Posted March 19, 2013
Our school's mission - to allow families more time together and to partner with parents to bring the best education for children - has changed our family's life in the best way. We now see both our 3rd grader and 1st grader learning and developing at a rate that exceeds any expectation. Due to the integrated curriculum and "hands on" approach at Hope, true learning is happening and the children are not simply memorizing facts that may not be retained. My husband and I feel like we are on a journey at Hope, and as we begin each new unit of study, we can't wait to see where the journey will go next. From genealogy to space exploration to South Africa to the history of the Titanic - and that's just 3rd grade this year. There were some adjustment challenges to home schooling for our family in the beginning, but we always felt that we had a community of parents and an amazing staff of teachers and administrators to support and encourage us. This year, the routine of home school is easier and we are just so glad that we jumped on board with this school at the exact time that we did. We just love HOPE and the balance it provides for our family!

Posted March 08, 2013
This University-Model school is so unique. My kids are taught three days a week at school by certified teachers. I co-teach the other two days a week at home. I love this opportunity to partner with the teachers. This is a Christian school-really living "the word." My kids have grown -especially through the interdisciplinary projects. The small class sizes allow for quality instruction. We are thrilled to have found Hope!

Hope Academy
7655 Bruton Smith Blvd., Concord, NC  28027
Last modified Hope Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Hope Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.