Conover, NC

Posted August 30, 2015
At Shuford Elementary the staff works hard and tirelessly to provide the best education possible for their students.

Posted August 28, 2015
The teachers work hard to ensure a positive classroom environment while teaching students with differentiation. They use technology on a regular basis, and genuinely care about the children.

Shuford Elementary 4

Posted April 22, 2015
Shuford Elementary is a wonderful school. Patrick Nelson is a great leader and principal. He knows all his students and he respect them. The teachers are hard working, caring and understanding. They teach with technology in a way that is fun for the kids to learn. All 3 of my children have gone through Shuford and I have been please with their education.

Shuford Elementary 4

Posted April 03, 2015
Teachers work hard to help each kid do their best....Kids enjoy their time here and learn every day

Posted January 12, 2015
Shuford Elementary School is a place where young children come to be prepared for the real world. The teachers go the extra mile to make sure that the students are engaged. I appreciate how the teachers, staff members, instructional coach, and principal work together to meet the needs of all students. Students learn how to have fun while learning new material.

Posted October 07, 2014
Every child gets individualized attention. I appreciate the way they focus on the needs of my child.

Posted October 07, 2014
I could not be more pleased with the outstanding education that my children are receiving at Shuford Elementary. They are both challenged each day by dynamic teachers and engaging instruction. The principal goes out of his way to be accessible to parents. He is focused on safety and instruction. The teachers are inviting and approachable. We are so lucky that our children go to Shuford!

Shuford Elementary

Posted February 26, 2010
I love this school! From the principal, teachers, assistants and the rest of the staff are great! The high expectations are getting our children ready for the next step in their education. I highly recommend this school!!

Posted February 03, 2009
Shuford has improved DRASTICALLY from what it was just a few years ago. Mr. Nelson has motivated the administration to do great things for the children and I feel like he has demanded the same of the teachers. He has brought more technology into the classroom and reduced class size. What else could you ask for? For the previous poster, I agree with what you are saying, but I think many parents are scared by the rapidly changing culture shift we are seeing in this area...new religions and new backgrounds nearly every day. This does not make it right, but it will take time for us some to accept change. Perhaps the parents will learn from their children, as a child knows no prejudice or bias. If not, I don't think the school can be blamed for this, there is really nothing they can do.

Posted February 03, 2009
I love my child's school. The expectations at Shuford have risen since Mr. Nelson has become the Principal. Thank you to he and his staff for a job well done!

Shuford Elementary
810 Hunsucker Drive, Conover, NC  28613
(828) 464-1973
Last modified Shuford Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shuford Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top