Conover, NC
Before care: Yes

Posted October 07, 2014
Every child gets individualized attention. I appreciate the way they focus on the needs of my child.

Posted October 07, 2014
I could not be more pleased with the outstanding education that my children are receiving at Shuford Elementary. They are both challenged each day by dynamic teachers and engaging instruction. The principal goes out of his way to be accessible to parents. He is focused on safety and instruction. The teachers are inviting and approachable. We are so lucky that our children go to Shuford!

Shuford Elementary 0

Posted February 26, 2010
I love this school! From the principal, teachers, assistants and the rest of the staff are great! The high expectations are getting our children ready for the next step in their education. I highly recommend this school!!

Posted March 31, 2009

Posted February 03, 2009
Shuford has improved DRASTICALLY from what it was just a few years ago. Mr. Nelson has motivated the administration to do great things for the children and I feel like he has demanded the same of the teachers. He has brought more technology into the classroom and reduced class size. What else could you ask for? For the previous poster, I agree with what you are saying, but I think many parents are scared by the rapidly changing culture shift we are seeing in this area...new religions and new backgrounds nearly every day. This does not make it right, but it will take time for us some to accept change. Perhaps the parents will learn from their children, as a child knows no prejudice or bias. If not, I don't think the school can be blamed for this, there is really nothing they can do.

Posted February 03, 2009
I love my child's school. The expectations at Shuford have risen since Mr. Nelson has become the Principal. Thank you to he and his staff for a job well done!

Shuford Elementary 0

Posted January 29, 2009
My children have attended this school since 2004. It is a very good school. It does however need staff and parents that are more educated about different religious denominations and other religions. It is unfortunate that children from other religious backgrounds are shunned and ostracized by peers whose parents are rascist bigots. Unfortunate! But at least underneath all the deception, my child still has a self-esteem that she gets from a family who loves her very much.

Posted January 26, 2008
We have had children at this school since 1997 and have loved it. There was a time when the principal was not kid or parent friendly, but that was quickly remedied and we have a wonderful administration and staff now that works for the betterment of the school. Our whole family loves being there!

Shuford Elementary 3

Posted June 22, 2007
This school does a lot of good things, but the adminstrative leadership lost their way this year, and next year doesn't look to get much better. The leadership has driven away those parents with the motivation and resources to really make a difference. There is tremendous potential here, we just need the leaders to aim higher.

Shuford Elementary 4

Posted May 11, 2006
Our family moved here last summer. We really loved the school that my oldest daughter attended in our old city and I kept comparing everything in this 'new' school to it. However, for everything that I loved about the old school, Shuford always came through with something just a little bit different and usually better than the old school. I had two children attending Shuford this year a kindergartener and third grader. The teachers have been absolutely wonderful. They are dedicated and have given my children exactly what they needed to make this a wonderful transition for our entire family. They have gone out of their way to ensure the academic success of both of my kids this year and we are looking forward to another great year in 2006-2007. Thank you Shuford Elementary! J.G.

Shuford Elementary
810 Hunsucker Drive, Conover, NC  28613
(828) 464-1973
Last modified Shuford Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shuford Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top