Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

It's our first year and we came from a smaller charter school, and we areimpressed by the teachers and staff! My daughter understands math and it is now her favorite subject, after struggling with it for years. Her teachers understand what she needs and she is becoming a great learner because of it. The head of the school is wonderful, with his communication, advice, understanding and encouragement for middle school kids and parents. Yes, there are middle school clicks, but there are also numerous opportunities to find your "group", with all of the activities and electives.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

i have a learning difference and i get treated equally in 2 classes but the rest i most likely get treated worse than the average student.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

the kids swear and use negative language, there is also i bad problem with drugs and even sex related topics.

I RECOMMEND THAT YOU READ THIS. I am a student at bailey middle school. i just moved here and used to be in one of the best school districts in my state EX: the teachers would stand in the front of the class and teach a lesson lasting at least a week, or until everyone understood what we just learned. the teachers treated every student equally and never humiliated a student or punished. At bailey middle school if you don't finish a warm up you get sent to a different classroom. every student receives what is called a behavior sheet and if you forget a pencil, or just sometimes not anything harmful they sign your behavior sheet(then your on blue, then if you get 1 more on blue you go to yellow, then have silent lunch witch is very humiliating because you sit in the cafeteria and all of the 300 kids can see you.) the teachers at this school are terrible. If your not used to a class all on computers then THIS IS NOT THE SCHOOL FOR YOU, i am on a virtual classroom every day in every single class ( google classroom ). I also have ADHD and the teachers don't care they treat me with no respect and most times less than the regular kids. I also have something else to say the kids here are horribly mean when i went to this school the teacher said that i would be able to make friends easily and that the kids are just great, well let me tell you its the opposite, i have been here for about 6 months and nothing has got better the girls stand in clicks and its really hard to join their friend group so i'm always left sitting by myself at lunch, recess, and for partners( no ones bothered to get to know me). The problems just go on and on. Also i would recommend going to Pine lake Prep charter school, more than 1/4 of my grade is already in the lottery and so am I. I really hope that I was able to help you out with your decision. PLEASE DON'T GO HERE IT WILL WRECK YOU OR YOUR CHILD JUST LIKE IT DID TO ME!!

As a parent, i dont believe in teaching by punishment, fear or public humiliation. Happens from the top down. Stay away if you are considering moving to the area for this school. Not a positive learning environment, for straight a students and for kids that need help. All kids need to be taught, not disciplined, and not taght by computer.

I have two children at Bailey. One has always been an overachiever and as a result ends up staying up until almost 1:00 am every day finishing her mountains of homework, unfinished classwork and online learning. She gets good grades, but is always tired and moody and is unable to enjoy being a kid on weekdays and some weekends. The other one is a lot less organized and not as dedicated. I have literally begged his teachers to help me get him on the right path and it has fallen on deaf ears for months. They just continue to berate him (in front of other students) and punish him -- ISS, silent lunch -- instead of TEACH him and help boost his confidence so he can do it himself. There are way too many standardized tests given. Their discipline system of giving "signatures" for infractions is too subjective. There are clear favorites among the teachers. The population is too large to accommodate any kind of individualized learning when the students need it. I feel like it's all about having high test scores because they are only being taught to score well on tests. They're not being taught for the simple sake of learning. It is a shame that people are drawn to this area based on the school's "scores" here on greatschools, only to learn that Bailey isn't so great after all.

Never Go to this school. How do they call teaching sitting on a computer all day. I recommend not to go to this school if you want a future . They also treat new students horribly. Some teachers are not welcoming and make you feel stressed out.They send you to a different classroom if you don't know an answer.They tell you that your answer is incorrect if you use your own strategy(your strategy finds the right answer) to find a solution. I used to be almost a straight A student but now I struggle just to get a B. All we do in class is worksheets and sit on the computer. Even though the tour may seem friendly, some kids are not friendly. If you are thinking about going to this school, I urge you not to go . This school puts you in a terrible and negative environment. If you have goals and a future don't waste it. Go to a real school, in a positive learning environment, and where you'll strive to learn and be challenged in a positive way. I hope you take my advice, as a student who came later in the year. I now don't like going to school and I used to be so exited going to school, that I would get sick.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

I you have ADHD, and possibly learn slower, or forget a lot, this is not the place for you! I have witnessed Teachers yelling and humiliating kids because they cant solve a problem fast enough. In class we half to do a warm up in 8 minutes. If the teacher calls on you and you don't have the answer than you get sent to another teacher. It can be humiliating to these students when they half to cry or self destruct in front of 35 other students.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

A 5 year old could take the role of some teachers at this school. All you half to do is tell the students to go on google classroom and complete assignments. Some teachers send you to different classrooms if you don't know the answer to a question, so know you can feel humiliated. They make you stressed out . They make new students feel unwelcoming and uncomfortable. Take the advice from someone who knows what schools are like outside of this school.

Amount of homework: Disagree

A lot of the homework we do is from unfinished work. And i believe with an hour and 15 min. in each core class we should finish everyday things in class . We also do compass learning.

Last modified Bailey Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.