Cornelius, NC
Students enrolled: 1,517

Posted November 22, 2014
Our son is in his third year at Bailey (and we've got two more who will be there soon). We are very happy with Bailey Middle School. The teachers and staff are smart and professional. There are many extracurricular opportunities. The curriculum is challenging and my son will be well prepared for high school. Principal Thomas is caring, professional and the students know he has high expectations for them. Yes, there are more kids per class than a private school. But the students are separated into teams and each team has their own teachers. The teachers know how to manage the class and they also offer help times outside of class so they get to know the kids. And the students learn to be independent, responsible and get help when they need it. These are life skills that translate to future success. On to Hough next year and we are excited! It is disheartening to read unbalanced negative critiques thrown out there for all to see which are unfair and skew the rating, IMO. More parents need to submit a review and express what a great school Bailey really is.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 06, 2014
Kids and parents all together being bullied by staff? Yes, it does happen at this school. This school is all about test grades, end of story - not about getting an education. The teachers will discriminate based on their likes and dislikes. Do not get fooled by school rating, its only a facade.
4 people found this helpful

Posted March 19, 2014
Bailey Middle School has been a great experience for my 7th grader. They have done an excellent job since he bagan there in 6th grade. The teachers are creative in the classroom and the principal is always visible. There are a lot of ways to get involved for both students and parents. I have always found the staff to be attentive to my needs. I would highly recommend Bailey.

Posted February 10, 2014
Bailey middle school is probably the craziest school I've ever seen. My daughter has friends there and makes good grades despite the school. Bullies everywhere from staff to students. I've contacted the superintendent of the school with no help. My daughter is leaving the school, due to the bullying from staff and student. After tons of complaints the self righteous principal will do nothing to correct his staff and after getting the police involved the bully has been pointed out. But I will home school her until high school age.
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 25, 2013
My 7th grader and I really like this school. The teachers, staff, volunteers and kids are friendly, polite and attentive. They are teaching our children well. Thank you!

Posted October 24, 2013
BMS got modulars this year due to the overcrowding. Many students came from IB, charter, and private schools because they've learned the education being received is more valuable from Bailey. The school's PTSA encourages parental involvement, and Mr. Thomas is a communicative, approachable principal.

Posted October 04, 2013
New Principal since July 2012 and things are incredible. I have two kids here and they teachers have been fabulous. Have the best team of teachers I can remember any of my 4 kids having. Chad Thomas (principal) encourages involvement by all, proactively keeps parents informed and seeks input, is appreciative of volunteers and fosters a real sense of team among students, faculty and parents. My kids are proud to be Bailey Broncos!

Posted October 03, 2013
My son moved there this year and we love it! He finally likes going to school, thank you teachers and staff! They are friendly and responsive from the moment you enter, and they handle problems immediately while informing the parents right away. Wonderful school.

Posted February 06, 2013
We love Bailey Middle. My older child went to Bailey for all 3 years and now my second child is there. The teachers are great and my children have gotten a top notch education. My older son is in all honors/AP classes at the high school and he was very well prepared by the teachers at Bailey. Like any big middle school, there are behavior issues, but we have had great experiences and this is my 4th year with a child Bailey.

Posted June 12, 2012
There are no AP classes at Bailey Middle School in Cornelius NC. There are honors classes, but no AP. However, there are some REALLY good teachers at Bailey, but unfortunatlythere are a few REALLY bad ones that can spoil the school year for your child. The bad ones get away with behavior that in the work world would have had us fired and out the door within minutes. I think of it as the Pat-Pat, Slap-Slap school. Some teachers are going to say really kind things and inspire your child, and some teachers are going insult, tease and make fun of students, and if you talk to them they may even do it to you. Good Luck!

Bailey Middle
11900 Bailey Road, Cornelius, NC  28031
Last modified Bailey Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bailey Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top